Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The daughter knew they were blanks. Why do you think she agreed to load the gun? Her father woul have seen that they were blanks.

It was nostalgic seeing the old red Western ammunition boxes. I haven't seen those in a while.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Never saw it.
Kind of glad I didn't waste 2 hours of my life watching it, to be honest.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought the acting was good...like Matt Dillon's performance a lot.  But the overbearing nature to the "white people suck/guns are bad" message was too much for me to like the movie itself.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought the acting was good...like Matt Dillon's performance a lot.  But the overbearing nature to the "white people suck/guns are bad" message was too much for me to like the movie itself.  

If you saw an anti-white male message in the movie, it is because you were looking for it. The movie accuses ALL races of racism. The point is that people of all sorts are the same, even in our predjudices.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I liked it much better the first time I saw it . . . when it was called Magnolia.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you saw an anti-white male message in the movie, it is because you were looking for it. The movie accuses ALL races of racism. The point is that people of all sorts are the same, even in our predjudices.

I didn't see an anti white messege.  The movie appears to ACCUSE everyone of racism when it just isn't there in the majority of cases.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay...tell you what, I'll just send you a list of all the movies I've ever seen, and you can tell me what I'm *supposed* to have seen in those too!  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I liked it. Terrence Howard hsould have been nominated for best supporting actor instead of Matt Dillon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't see an anti white messege.  The movie appears to ACCUSE everyone of racism when it just isn't there in the majority of cases.

Because that is it's focus. Do we really want to watch realistic movies? Storytelling has to focus on the improbable and unusual in order to get our attention. So they take a whole bunch of scenarios that could happen, and make them happen to the same few characters in a couple of days. No one makes a big fuss when a movie comes out featuring a cop who shoots fifteen people in six hours.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top