Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 9:50:50 PM EDT
1. How worried are you about disease, war and current world affairs right now? Scale of one to ten?

2. At what point do you start battening down the hatches or moving out??

3. What does your significant other/family  feel about your interest or preparations?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
1. How worried are you about disease, war and current world affairs right now? Scale of one to ten?8

2. At what point do you start battening down the hatches or moving out??Before the water supply is cut off...

3. What does your significant other/family  feel about your interest or preparations?

Just think i'm a little crazy...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Disease - 9.5

War -  5

Current World Affairs 6.5

When teh zombies are at the gates
When teh zombies have breached the gates

What family?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
People in GD are not the ones to ask.
They don't store food, water, gasoline, or comms.
They think they will be running around in their XXL Blackhawk tactical vest, with their 15 lb M4gery shooting 75gr OTM scoring headshots at 300 meters...in the rain...doing handstands.

Ask this question in the SF - those there are far more level headed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
People in GD are not the ones to ask.
They don't store food, water, gasoline, or comms.
They think they will be running around in their XXL Blackhawk tactical vest, with their 15 lb M4gery shooting 75gr OTM scoring headshots at 300 meters...in the rain...doing handstands.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1. How worried are you about disease,7
war 6
and current world affairs6 right now? Scale of one to ten?

2. At what point do you start battening down the hatches or moving out?? out of US?Different state?I'm bailing out of IL but not a chance I will leave the country

3. What does your significant other/family  feel about your interest or preparations? On board.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

hehe....good one.

I've read enough loony topics in the SF to know that no corner of ARFcom is level headed. Nice try though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
My current awareness priority ranking.  the number being on perceived threat to immediate family "unit."

8.5  earthquake (almost always the big threat in SoCal)

7.2  bird flu (moving up on to the radar, I work with EMS on a volunteer basis, and this has the potential to be a real disaster if people don't get prepared.  and it has the potential to overwhelm the Medical system in some areas.  Southern California has major population concentrations of minorities and immigrants in some areas with insufficient public health practice awareness, and in general too much populaion for the Public Health system in the event of a too rapid  epidemic occurence. Quarantine in major metropolitan areas next too impossible, rural areas better able to set boundaries)

6.0 (and falling)Winchester White Box ridiculous price increases

5.9 (and rising)  increased major war in the Mideast/Iran (Don't think the Iranian moderates are going to be able to get things taken care of by themselves in time . My confidence level in that is dropping rapidly)

3.8 (and rising)  Local (in  county) outbreak of minor hostilites over illegal alien issues.

3.5 (and rising) SoCal outbreak of minor local hostilities in LA County spreading to overall area.  The tensions between poorer black and immigrant hispanic communities has been at the below simmer for a few years now and has risen to close to boiling in some areas.  This has been highlighted by LA city school disturbances over the last few yeas and the disturbances in the LA County jails in the last few months.  The black community is becoming more aware that the illegal immigrant population has not only co-opted their traditional job fields, but the Democrats are rapidly moving their political pandering to the Hispanics also.  The more things are improved for the hispanics and illegals the worse it is for the blacks.

2.0  Local occurrence of Islamofascist related terrorism

Battening down is the only realistic option in SoCal for just about any major disruption.  Aint no place to go, and millions of folks will try to go there.

Family is supportive of preps and Ma is actively upgrading supplies.  Both sides of family have members now or formerly in Law Enforcement,   My Grandmother lived for 6 mths in a shack in Golden Gate Park after the big one.  (100 years ago this month)  So we have better awareness than the average citizens.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top