Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"The exact origin of this breed is uncertain, although it has its root in the British, Irish Staffordshire Terriers and possibly the now-extinct Blue-Paul (Scottish Staffordshire terrier). The ancestors of modern pit bulls, English and French bulldogs, and other related breeds were powerful mastiffs bred for farm work. Specifically, these dogs accompanied farmers into the fields to assist with bringing bulls in for breeding, castration, or slaughter. The dogs, known generally as bulldogs, protected the farmer by subduing the bull if it attempted to gore him. Typically a dog would do this by biting the bull on the nose and holding on until the bull submitted. Because of the nature of their job, bulldogs were bred to have powerful jaws, muscular bodies, and the resolve to hold onto a violently-struggling bull, even when injured.

Eventually these dogs' purpose inspired the widespread practice of the bloody sports of bull-baiting and bear-baiting. Bulldogs are believed to have been bred with terrier breeds to produce a more muscular, compact, and agile dog for these competitions. The resulting dogs are known as bull-and-terrier breeds, and modern examples include all pit bull-type dogs. In Elizabethan England, these spectacles were popular forms of entertainment. However, in 1835, bull-baiting and bear-baiting were abolished by Parliament as cruel, and the custom died out over the following years."

Yeah this sounds like a fucking house pet to me. Something bred to fight Bears has a place in the home

amen brother. . . . I mean these things were not meant to be family dogs! Neither are rattlesnakes or lions. . . and people defend them like they have a damn cell in their brain!
Stupid to have those animals as pets.  .  .
Kill em all as far as I'm concerned, not one of those breeds are worth the life of one little kid!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What did they shoot them with?

Who cares.

Kill 'em.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
My God!! Who let the narrow minded uneducated Liberals in???

The punishment should fit the crime. Specific individuals that have human aggression and or who have caused damge in an attack on a human, should be culled.

There's a reason you never heard of pit bulls and attacks on people until the last 10-15 years... Because breeders (genuine breeders) who attempted to make the breed the best it could be, are few and far between now a day. Human aggression WAS NOT TOLERATED. Period, They were removed from the gene pool. It's in the recent past when the breed became fashionable   that things began to go south. You have puppy mills & unscrupulous breeders who are only in it for the $$$$$$. This is where poor breeding comes into play. On top of this... you have, shall we say, the gangster cult, that make them as mean as they can, NO matter WHAT it takes... And I mean NO matter.

If you take a human... isolate them from socialization, and nearly beat the life out of them everytime you walked in the door, if that human ever gets out into public & is approach by another human, THEY WILL STRIKE FIRST. And we remove that one from society.

Now... IF you don't understand what I just explained... you have no rights to have opinions about any breed of canid. Period.  I don't think it can be said any more plain.  

David  

edit for spelling foo
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My God!! Who let the narrow minded uneducated Liberals in???

The punishment should fit the crime. Specific individuals that have human aggression and or who have caused damge in an attack on a human, should be culled.

There's a reason you never heard of pit bulls and attacks on people until the last 10-15 years... Because breeders (genuine breeders) who attempted to make the breed the best it could be, are few and far between now a day. Human aggression WAS NOT TOLERATED. Period, They were removed from the gene pool. It's in the recent past when the breed became fashionable   that things began to go south. You have puppy mills & unscrupulous breeders who are only in it for the $$$$$$. This is where poor breeding comes into play. On top of this... you have, shall we say, the gangster cult, that make them as mean as they can, NO matter WHAT it takes... And I mean NO matter.

If you take a human... isolate them from socialization, and nearly beat the life out of them everytime you walked in the door, if that human ever gets out into public & is approach by another human, THEY WILL STRIKE FIRST. And we remove that one from society.

Now... IF you don't understand what I just explained... you have no rights to have opinions about any breed of canid. Period.  I don't think it can be said any more plain.  

David  

edit for spelling foo

I agree that this is primarily a problem with modern breeding habits.

Until those breeding habits are changed, I'll be leery of pit bulls I encounter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
My vicious man eating giant.

PIT BULLS!!!!!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top