Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:10:58 PM EDT
I have a final project due on Wednesday and we are supposed to use PHP and for the life of me I can not get it to work.

I think my problem is I do not have a webserver installed on my machine. I have to hand code ( no dreamweaver or frontpage) and use 'includes' but they do not work and I copied the code directly from a working example.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:15:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 3:16:34 PM EDT by sWs2]
I think you have to have something like the actual PHP installed for it to work... I dont run the sevres, I only put the CMS on it..
ETA: If you want I can hook you up with an FTP account to one of mine for a bit so you can test it...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:21:15 PM EDT
there is a free windows version of apache out there. You can install that and then run php pages on your own computer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:30:57 PM EDT
PHP Designer might have what you need. It has a debugger and a preview feature, which I assume means it contains a small, lightweight HTTP server in the IDE itself or installed with the IDE. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:51:28 PM EDT
For php to work, you have to have a web server and a version of php. Use the windows version of apache and the windows version of php.

www.php.net/downloads.php

httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Top Top