Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
He blew me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The CEO of Sirius must think Stern is doing something right.

today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-03-29T033729Z_01_N28197789_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-SIRIUS.xml&archived=False

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:37 PM ET12

"Stern's deal is worth $500 million over five years. Despite the big bucks, Karmazin said he met with Stern on Monday to try to get him to extend his term with similar pay structure.

"He wasn't interested," Karmazin said. "He'll take his chances when the contract is up."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Why would I listen to Stern on Sirius when I can tune in Patriot instead and listen to G. Gordon Liddy, NRA News, Michael Reagan, etc...

And if I don't want to listen to that, I'll listen to some commercial free music.  You can only listen to some middle-aged idiot talk about lesbians for so long before it becomes old...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Stern or not I would never pay for radio.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad I have XM.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Raaammmooonnneee! This idiot hasn't been funny since he was on WNBC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, insult your audience.  GREAT idea.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The CEO of Sirius must think Stern is doing something right.

today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-03-29T033729Z_01_N28197789_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-SIRIUS.xml&archived=False

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:37 PM ET12

"Stern's deal is worth $500 million over five years. Despite the big bucks, Karmazin said he met with Stern on Monday to try to get him to extend his term with similar pay structure.

"He wasn't interested," Karmazin said. "He'll take his chances when the contract is up."

the CEO has to back all company decisions. He is a company man after all.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I stopped listening to Stern when Jackie The Jokeman left the show. Just wasnt the same since then
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I stopped listening to Stern when Jackie The Jokeman left the show. Just wasnt the same since then

Jackie leaving, Billy West leaving and Howard getting Divorced all equaled the end of the funny Howard
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jackie leaving, Billy West leaving and Howard getting Divorced all equaled the end of the funny Howard

Yup
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Sterns wife got tired of his bullsh!t.  So has his audience...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You guys are too uptight, Howard Stern is nasty, but it is funny.

Im the LAST person in the world to be considered "uptight" But I will tell ya this. I turned off Howard Stern about 7 years ago... about 3 years ago I turned his station on and I SWEAR he was STILL CONTINUING the same topic I left 4 years earlier!!!

He is as egotistical and an asshole in real life as he is on the radio.

It was funny when I was 18.

Once he stared supporting Kerry I was done.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#14]
This college educated white collar worker with money to spend will:

A) Not spend a thin dime on radio in the foreseeable future, and
B) be Goddamned before I willingly give Stern the first cent out of my pocket.

I have attempted to listen to his show maybe three or four times over the past few years and I absolutely cannot stand it.  Between that stuttering idiot interviewer, the fart noise disk jockey, and Stern's constant harping on sex and his tiny penis, I swear to God it nearly drove me to kill something.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are too uptight, Howard Stern is nasty, but it is funny.

Im the LAST person in the world to be considered "uptight" But I will tell ya this. I turned off Howard Stern about 7 years ago... about 3 years ago I turned his station on and I SWEAR he was STILL CONTINUING the same topic I left 4 years earlier!!!

He is as egotistical and an asshole in real life as he is on the radio.

It was funny when I was 18.

Once he stared supporting Kerry I was done.[/quote

I too left Stern about 7 years ago.  I consider it "the time I became mature".
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#16]
The virus is spreading...

Anthony Cumia is a fan of the gun crowd, fiscally conservative, and one funny (though crude) sonofabitch.  Check their show out.

Quoted:
OandA party rock!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Howard who?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I kinda like Adam Carolla myself.

Adam is 10x better on radio than television.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#19]
What Howard will never admit to, despite is claim to being king of all media, is that when he started off he ripped off all is ideas from Steve Dahl out of Chicago...it was so obvious at the time.

Opie and Anthony's show reminds me A LOT of Steve Dahl and Garry Meier of the '80's, though O&A are more edgy, and Opie, Anthony and Jimmy Norton are never afraid to call each other out when they do something stupid and they rip on each other, ruthlessly when necessary.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I listen to the Stern channels daily. I have listened to him for years now and followed him to Sirius. I find the show very funny and the other shows on his channels to be very entertaining.  I dont mind paying to be entertained...12 bucks a month for constant music in the formats I want is a small price to pay.  If the service cost 40 bucks a month I would still pay for it.  Hell I remember when TV was free, now I pay over a hundred dollars a month for sattelite tv.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Bubba the Love Sponge   >    Howard Stern, anyone else.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I do find Bubba entertaining in his own way.   The other night he was on the phone with Howard while he was cycling his FN Pistol in the studio.   Ned is absolutely hilarious though.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your kidding right? His show is unlistenable it's so bad. Can he get a more whiny, nasaly voice?

A lot of time he sounds identical to Gilbert Gottfried.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do find Bubba entertaining in his own way.   The other night he was on the phone with Howard while he was cycling his FN Pistol in the studio.   Ned is absolutely hilarious though.

Yes, Ned is absolutely hilarious.  I have all the Ned prank calls on my iPod.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your kidding right? His show is unlistenable it's so bad. Can he get a more whiny, nasaly voice?

Funny, Howard Stern's voice makes me want to punch him in the face.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#27]
He's learned that a lot of people don't pay for their pron....and won't ever (just like they won't pay for XM Stern).  Welcome to reality Howard.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
But guys, he invented everything.

Al Gore takes exception to that remark!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I listened to him (rarely) for free...not going to pay for him to whine about his fans not being smart enough to follow him.

What did he expectl, they are...his fans.
Pete
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top