BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 8:38:26 AM EDT
from www.theconservativevoice.com/article/13430.html

Man Indicted for Conspiracy to Sell Missile Technology to China
March 28, 2006 04:10 PM EST

by Jim Kouri -

Jun Wang, age 36, of Albany, New York, was indicted on one count of a conspiracy to export missile and unmanned aircraft vehicle (UAV) technology to China.

On March 17, 2006, the suspect entered a “not guilty” plea in Federal District Court in Albany before Magistrate Judge Randolph F. Treece. If convicted, Wang faces a maximum term of 5 years in prison for conspiracy, as well as 3 years supervised release, a $250, fine and a $100 special assessment.

As part of this conspiracy, Wang accepted funding from sources in China and sent electronics equipment to China without having the requisite export licenses and without filing a Shipper's Export Declaration form.

The indictment further alleges that the transferred technology included the Crossbow Altitude & Heading Reference System, which is a high-performance, solid-state altitude and heading reference system intended for airborne applications such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle control, avionics, and platform stabilization. These items can also be used in the manufacture of missiles and torpedoes.

The AHRS's are prohibited from export to China without an export license from the Department of State (for those AHRS's classified as defense articles under Category XII of the United States Munitions List).

On March 23, 2006, following a three-day detention hearing, Magistrate Judge Treece concluded that Wang posed a danger to the community and a risk of flight. He then set bail at $250,000 and ordered, among other things, home confinement and restricted Wang's use of any computer.

-------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
funny, I remember a president doing the same
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yeah,no shit.How did he ever make out on his charges???????
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#3]
WTF???

Possession of an unregistered machine gun is 10 years and a $250,000 fine.

But selling secrets to another government is 5 years and a fucking $250 dollar fine.

I'm am fucking pissed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Contemplating the countryside from inside Levenworth Prison is definitely no fun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
WTF???

But selling secrets to another government is 5 years and a fucking $250 dollar fine.

I'm am fucking pissed.

Seriously, WTF?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was going to be about Bill Clinton.

Rats.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WTF???

I'm am fucking pissed.

Wow, that is serioulsy fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Sell secrets to some foreign land............you should be shot on the spot.  End of story.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I predict he gets teased mercilessly about his name in prison.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
he's way behind the curve.  US and allied companies are stepping all over each other to send their high tech manufacturing and engineering to China.

He probably sent the plans over and was told, "eh, we make these for L3 already, what else ya got?"
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

NO SHIT!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO SHIT!

Dittos.......
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#14]
According to the following article, it's 10 years in prison and a $1 million fine.

timesunion.com/AspStories/storyprint.asp?StoryID=462995

Wang has lived in the United States for several years and is here on a work visa, according to federal authorities and public records. He and his wife have a 6-month-old baby and live in a home off Western Avenue, not far from Crossgates Mall, that they purchased last year for $275,000, records show.

The Chinese have agents all over the US. I would not be surprised if 50% of students from China are not affiliated with the PRC in one way or another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top