Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:32:35 AM EDT
UNBELIEVABLE! These people are simply awful.

Peacemaker rescue should be optional
National Post
Published: Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Christian Peacemaker Teams are up to their usual ungrateful tricks. Not only do some CPT activists still refuse to show any gratitude toward the coalition soldiers and spies who helped rescue three of their members in Iraq last week, one of the hostages -- Canadian Harmeet Sooden -- is now even insisting the entire rescue mission was "contrived," presumably to give the coalition a public relations boost amid continued bad news about the insurgency in that country.

Speaking in Auckland, New Zealand, yesterday, Mr. Sooden insisted it was "highly likely, highly probable" that a ransom had been paid for his release and that of two fellow CPT prisoners, Canadian Jim Loney and Briton Norman Kember. Both the Canadian and New Zealand governments seemed genuinely shocked by his contention and emphatically denied his claim.

When pressed by reporters, Mr. Sooden admitted he had no proof his captors had been paid off. Rather his "instincts" were telling him ransom must have been made. When British and other special forces raided the house in which he was being kept, Mr. Sooden explained, his captors were "nowhere to be seen," which was "highly unusual." He assumed his captors had been bribed by the coalition in hopes they would flee, and the British and American forces could "contrive" a rescue, presumably to generate a glowing propaganda victory.

What rubbish. The break in the hostage taking came the evening before the rescue mission, when a member of the kidnappers' organization had been captured by coalition forces and was convinced both to give up the location where the CPT members were held and to call his comrades and warn them to flee the scene before the commandos arrived.

Mr. Sooden's rescue, and that of his colleagues, was the result of a dangerous mission that was months in the planning. It was no publicity stunt. Several times intelligence operatives put their lives at risk to obtain scraps of information about where the victims were being held, not to mention the risk the soldiers took entering the building where the trio of "peacemakers" were. They could not be sure until they were inside that the kidnappers had fled.

Still, such is Mr. Sooden's conviction that the coalition's "illegal occupation" is all evil, he has no trouble pretending headline-hungry coalition forces staged the whole thing.

Only Jim Loney, the other freed Canadian, has admitted he is "forever and truly grateful" to his rescuers. The CPT at first, of course, could not bring itself to thank the military saviours and later added a grudging thank you only under public pressure. And the freed Briton, Mr. Kember, could barely muster a half-hearted and heavily qualified thanks. He said that while he still blamed coalition forces for the conditions that led to his capture, he could "pay tribute to their courage."

Here's a suggestion: The next time peaceniks are taken hostage in a war zone while attempting to thwart the efforts of Western coalition forces, when those same forces come to save them and before the helicopters lift off to safety with the hostages aboard, the soldiers should ask the former detainees how they feel about being saved. And if there is a moment's hesitation for philosophic reflection or any hint of ingratitude, the soldiers should be free to return their passengers to the desert with all good wishes for fair treatment by the first jihadis who pass by.

www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/editorialsletters/story.html?id=ec5eb049-0e69-45c1-93a3-1dbf7ac25836
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Here's a suggestion: The next time peaceniks are taken hostage in a war zone while attempting to thwart the efforts of Western coalition forces, when those same forces come to save them and before the helicopters lift off to safety with the hostages aboard, the soldiers should ask the former detainees how they feel about being saved. And if there is a moment's hesitation for philosophic reflection or any hint of ingratitude, the soldiers should be free to return their passengers to the desert with all good wishes for fair treatment by the first jihadis who pass by.

Good idea.  I'm not so sure they aren't staging some of this shit themselves.  

Mark.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
snatch 'em back in the middle of the night and put back were we found 'em!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Fucker.

Either send him back and have them cut his head off or make him dig up IEDs.  Fucking oxygen thief.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#5]
In that case, just stop rescuing them.

Their 'thank you' was something along the lines of "Thanks and you're wasting your time with this war".
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Stay calm Zaphod. You're with your kids. Stay calm......
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya know...

I may be crazy, but I could SWEAR that the ORIGINAL headlines that day read that she was RELEASED by her captors.
Only an hour or so later, the headlines were changed and read that she was "RESCUED"

I actually thought to myself that very momoent... How silly that they changed it like that.

I'm surprised nobody caught that sooner.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ya know...

I may be crazy, but I could SWEAR that the ORIGINAL headlines that day read that she was RELEASED by her captors.
Only an hour or so later, the headlines were changed and read that she was "RESCUED"

I actually thought to myself that very momoent... How silly that they changed it like that.

What are you talking about?  This was 3 guys who were rescued, Jill Carroll was released.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I heard that there did not appear to be any defenders when the house was raided, but had not heard the claim that the captured turd called and warned them to run for it. Wouldn't they have been afraid that the captors would shoot the peaceniks, then run for it?

No. The peaceniks were on the side of their captors - and always were. The peaceniks are willingly and suicidally blind deaf and dumb to who the terrorists really are and what evil they're really capable. They went there to HELP the cause of the terrorists.

The rescue wasn't a PR stunt - their "KIDNAPPING" was!

The peaceniks side with the terrorists - they want everthing the terrorists want and believe and parrot all the same bullshit that the terrorists spew about how it's all America's fault, Bush lied, US troops are war criminals, etc.

Their kidnapping was the hoax, not the rescue.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
snatch 'em back in the middle of the night and put back were we found 'em!

With camera crews!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I heard that there did not appear to be any defenders when the house was raided, but had not heard the claim that the captured turd called and warned them to run for it. Wouldn't they have been afraid that the captors would shoot the peaceniks, then run for it?

No. The peaceniks were on the side of their captors - and always were. The peaceniks are willingly and suicidally blind deaf and dumb to who the terrorists really are and what evil they're really capable. They went there to HELP the cause of the terrorists.

The peaceniks side with the terrorists - they want everthing the terrorists want and believe and parrot all the same bullshit that the terrorists spew about how it's all America's fault, Bush lied, US troops are war criminals, etc.

The kidnapping I am pretty sure was dead real.  Whether the kidnappers were jihadists, that's not clear.  They could have been simple criminals.  They killed the American Tom Fox, just because, and because they knew full well no Americans would pay ransom.  Foreigners, that's a different story.  They sometime succumb and pay out, and that can be extremely lucrative.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The kidnapping I am pretty sure was dead real.  Whether the kidnappers were jihadists, that's not clear.  They could have been simple criminals.  They killed the American Tom Fox, just because, and because they knew full well no Americans would pay ransom.  Foreigners, that's a different story.  They sometime succumb and that can be extremely lucrative.

If these peaceniks could only offer help to either a wounded terrorist or a wounded American soldier - I'd bet they'd help the terrorist 100% of the time.

They are not on our side - they went to help THEM. That they got kidnapped doesn't matter. They want to help the terrorists oppose America and even after being kidnapped they still sided with the terrorists.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#13]
This latest information about those "christian" peace activists shoudln't suprise anyone.

In their official statement after their release, they blamed the murder of Tom Foxe on "the illegal occupation of Iraq by Multinational Forces is the root cause of the insecurity which led to this kidnapping and so much pain and suffering in Iraq. The occupation must end. " Apparently Iraq was a peaceful paradise prior to the US Marines showing up. Apparently everyone was happy and holding hands until those big meanies with their big guns showed up and started unleashing hell on everyone....

These people are the WORST kind of libtards. The fact that they can quote a Bible verse or two doesn't change that.

Again, from their press release:

" With the love of Christ, we will resist all evil.
With God’s unending faithfulness, we will work to build the beloved community."

Since the "evil" they are resisting appears to be the work of our brave men and women who are over in Iraq givng their blood sweat and tears to build that country a better future, and since the "beloved commnunity" they seem to be so concerned with are the terrorist sunsabitches who kidnapped them and shot their friend, I can't really be suprised at any damnably stupid thing they say.

One day they are going to have to stand before Christ and ANSWER for all this nonsense. In that day, He will show who was right and who was wrong.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ya know...

What are you talking about?  This was 3 guys who were rescued, Jill Carroll was released.

That's what happens when you click on the reply button and type a response before reading the original post.
My bad...  Carry on fellers...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Maybe it's a joke article?  It is April 1, after all...
Yeah, I know.  But one can hope...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Maybe it's a joke article?  It is April 1, after all...
Yeah, I know.  But one can hope...

I would be a happier man if it was.

Unfortunately, I doubt that will be the case.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Put the peaceniks in some cheap chinese mar-pat knock off and leave them tied up in the desert. But, place explosives on them (remote detonated of course, do you think they would off their friends?) and blow them once the headcutting starts... but wait till its almost over....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd say somthing but I'll probably be called names
like I was when I did not care in the slightest
about the CPT guy that was an American that was killed.

Again, I don't care about these peacnik traitors.

They richly deserve whatever fate they are desperately searching for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top