BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:46:11 PM EDT
6% on Rotten Tomatoes!

So much for Sharon Stone's come back
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What happened?  Did she break a hip trying to repeat the leg crossing scene?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont read up on any sites that rate movies. The ones they hate I end up liking for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dont read up on any sites that rate movies. The ones they hate I end up liking for some reason.

i ususally don't buy into reviews, especially for comedies- but i do enjoy it when an overly hyped movie soars like a lead turd.  

Ultraviolet anyone?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We saw an ad for it last night.
The wife and I were joking that everyone would be wincing and turing away trying not to see it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked Ultraviolet  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I liked Ultraviolet  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd still hit Sharon Stone
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Id ask for a blowjob
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Id ask for a blowjob

Only if that was the only way to get her to shut up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+87

She is hot!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I was surprised at how well she cleaned up for BI2.  She is smoking in that movie
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just hit it and get her moaning.  Better to listen to that than her liberal drivel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was surprised at how well she cleaned up for BI2.  She is smoking in that movie

I saw her on The Daily Show. Still easy on the eyes, and she is how old?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
late 40s I think
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
48 and looks damn good.

In her prime, she was one of the hottest babes on film.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Id ask for a blowjob

PIIHP would certainly stop her from spewing her filth for a few minutes (okay, a few seconds!).
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#17]
maybe i'll rent this movie and watch it on mute, but probably not
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Id ask for a blowjob

i'd eat ber butt out!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I just hope they edit out the gray pubic hair.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
48 and looks damn good.

+1

www.imdb.com/title/tt0430912/--looks like a pretty crappy sequel...not a surprise
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

i'd eat ber sweaty butt out!

Fixed it!    
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Old and looking it…

"In America we tend to erase women after 40," croaked leather-skinned actress Sharon Stone, who is still trying to trade off sex despite now requiring an entire effects crew to look like a bankable star.  Her entire career is a bad joke that Hollywood took the wrong way – she owes it all to a movie that was regarded by everyone at the time (except its creators) as a camp classic, filled with unintended laughs.

So Stone is finding out that once your flesh goes slack and mottled you need a propaganda campaign on the order of Triumph of the Will in order to get anyone to care about your desperate comeback attempt.  For an actress with talent, surviving the loss of youth is indeed difficult; sometimes you have to admit that you are no longer well-suited to be the vulgar bombshell.  For Sharon Stone it is out of the question, and the only uncertainty is how much dignity she is willing to abandon in the struggle (middle-aged women are usually willing to abandon quite a bit).

The reader comments on the Daily Mail piece are entertainment unto themselves.  They fit a familiar pattern of clueless braying about the unfairness of life:

Had your time? What does that mean? After 40 we are no longer useful? [Correct.] That same rule doesn't apply to men! I am sick of it. You know if you live long enough you will be over 40. You know women over 40 now includes stars like; Sarah Jessica Parker, Courteney Cox Arquette, are these women "has beens"?

If you're going to invoke over-40 actresses, could you at least find someone with talent?  Anyway these two mediocrities are on the steep back slopes of their careers – Arquette barely had one, and Parker is still best known for playing a frighteningly homely sex columnist on TV.  Hardly brilliant examples of over-40 women who "still got it".

You don't think it's fair that after 40 men are still valued and women aren't?  Try living the life of a man, then.  It is a life of accomplishment and consequence, rather than one of indulgence and self-absorption, at least for those who are not failures.  Rather than reading book after book by Deepak Chopra looking for some bullshit illusory enlightenment,* or seeking out the affirmative action version of achievement in which you value the reward a hundred times more than the work itself, try living by male standards.  Part of the problem is you think trading off your looks is being useful.

What people stop doing when you're an over-40 woman is treating you like you have a spellbinding vagina.  Herein lies the irony:  that over-40 women are treated fairly.  The real unfairness (if one must call the way life works "unfair") is that they were getting special treatment the first 30-40 years of their lives, not that they aren't getting special treatment now.  But boy do they notice.

Of course we men desire women as they are:  intellectually stunted quasi-children, beautiful and receptive and luxuriantly soft – there is no denying their charms as such.  I suppose this increases the disappointment, but life is filled with disappointments just waiting to be discovered. Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:15 PM  

www.udolpho.com/weblog/?id=00899&title=Old-and-looking-it
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'd hit her ................... with a 2x4.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Not to mention having her cooch fall off the chair and almost stretch to the floor.

Who am I kidding..I'd hit that 2 times
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

with a dump truck goin 60.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Over 40 is not so bad.  As I age, I tend to apprecuiate the older models....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd hit her ................... with a 2x4.

I see the green eye of envy rears its ugly head..................................  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah movie review sites are generally filled with some of the lamest nitwits this side of DU.

I have no real plans to see her movie but she's still pretty damned hot.

Unfortunately (for her career) everytime I see her now I think of Amy Poehler doing her Sharon Stone impersonation on SNL.

Generally considered a bad sign when you're reduced to a caricature (see also Alec Baldwin)
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#29]
BI2 bombs, and it's George Bush's fault.

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The last time "Basic Instinct" man-eater Catherine Tramell prowled the big screen, the studio erotic thriller was hitting box office heights. The first "Instinct" took the top spot when it debuted in 1992, with an opening weekend of $15.1 million, the equivalent of $20.45 million in today's dollars.

By comparison, "Basic Instinct 2" limped into 10th place upon its arrival this weekend, grossing just $3.2 million.

In the years between the two films, a string of high-profile flops, including MGM's "Body of Evidence," United Artists' "Showgirls" and Paramount Pictures' "Jade," have all contributed to the cooling off of the erotic thriller, a genre that had once sizzled at the box office.

Paul Verhoeven, director of the first "Basic Instinct" (which scored $353 million worldwide) as well as the widely ridiculed "Showgirls" (now regarded as something of a camp classic), attributes the genre's demise to the current American political climate.

"Anything that is erotic has been banned in the United States," said the Dutch native. "Look at the people at the top (of the government). We are living under a government that is constantly hammering out Christian values. And Christianity and sex have never been good friends."

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Id ask for a blowjob

+1.  But I'd make her take her teeth out first.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Id ask for a blowjob

+1.  But I'd make her take her teeth out first.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
48 and looks damn good.

I must disagree. Most of the girls in my high school class were better looking than Sharon Stone.

They, of course, did not achieve fame by showing their cooter off, so nobody knows that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Sad thing is BI2 will make more money than Serenity.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll bet it would scare the boner right off you to see that whore withoout her makeup team and airbrush crew.  I remember seeing Sarah Jesica Parker without the makeup.... sweet Jesus... how mirrors were not exploding as she walked the streets I don't know.  She was never real hot, but my god.... it was horrible.  The kind of ugly that scares children.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#35]
"I hit it."  "It was real good."    

She keeps calling me for a return engagement.      

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Did she just recently say Hillary was sexy .

If she thinks that who knows where shes been,

Bomber
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Herein lies the irony: that over-40 women are treated fairly. The real unfairness (if one must call the way life works "unfair") is that they were getting special treatment the first 30-40 years of their lives, not that they aren't getting special treatment now. But boy do they notice.

YEEAAWWWOUCH!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#38]
The "snatch" scene was so fucking blown out of proportion.
All you can see is pubes. Just another example of the press, religious/morality groups making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'll bet it would scare the boner right off you to see that whore withoout her makeup team and airbrush crew.  I remember seeing Sarah Jesica Parker without the makeup.... sweet Jesus... how mirrors were not exploding as she walked the streets I don't know.  She was never real hot, but my god.... it was horrible.  The kind of ugly that scares children.

Even when she is on the TV shows, can't you just hear her screech:

"I'll get you my pretty!! And your little dog too!!!!"
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Even with the makeup Parker looks like a damn man!How the hell did "she" ever become "hot"????
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Hmmm.

Where I work there’s a lot of women engineers and computer programmers who are over 40. They haven’t lost any value because they are getting older. In fact they are gaining value as they age because of their experience in the field.

But then these women chose real careers where people actually have to learn crap and work hard. They didn’t try to get by one their looks or their talent for flashing the beaver.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

+1 She is looking good to me
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I couldn't decide whether or not to go see Basic II OR Ice age II.
After all, they're both about "PreHistoric Beavers"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top