Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 10:07:48 AM EDT
Why Can't We???

UN tells Mexico to stop forced sterilizations Fri Mar 10, 2:00 PM ET

GENEVA (AFP) - A UN anti-discrimination committee strongly urged Mexico to stop forced sterilizations of indigenous people and comply with an international convention.

The Committee against Racial Discrimination, comprised of 18 independent experts, told Mexico to "adopt all the necessary measures to put an end to this practice, to investigate it impartially, (and) to try and punish the perpetrators."

The Mexican government admitted to the committee that forced sterilizations continue in some poor states, but denied being involved and said it was trying to put a stop to the practice.

The committee also made recommendations to improve the rights of the country's some 12 million indigenous people, representing around one tenth of the total population, and to eradicate discrimination against them in the media.

It urged Mexico to protect the rights of indigenous peoples to "possess, exploit, control and use their land and territories," and recommended that special attention be paid to the solution of land conflicts.

It also called for Mexico to guarantee the rights of indigenous villages to take part in government and public affairs at any level, and for interpreters and representatives familiar with their languages, cultures and customs to be present in legal proceedings.

The committee called for better security for immigrant workers in Mexico, particularly indigenous communities from Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#1]
We did earlier in our history.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
They need to sterilize MORE people, not less.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, we're the nazis because we want them to obey US laws on immigration, but they are continuing to attempt to execute a "final solution" on their aboriginal populations.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats the UN gonna do?

write them another angry letter?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]
In the early days, sterilization was a requirement for their "free" universal health insurance.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a violation of personal rights, where are those people protesting this outrage.  It seems these fair-weather protesters only when the infraction is against the USA.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whats the UN gonna do?

STOP!!! Or I'll say 'STOP!!!' again!

-K
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]
In all fairness, I'd like to hear more about these forced sterilizations the Mexican government is doing.  This UN report lacks information to draw a fair conclusion.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
isn't this a form of genocide?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
In all fairness, I'd like to hear more about these forced sterilizations the Mexican government is doing.  This UN report lacks information to draw a fair conclusion.

If Mexico is in fact doing these forced sterilizations, wouldn't it make sense for us to cut off all economic ties to Mexico(i.e. no Trade, no more Western Union transfers,etc.)?

I think us in the anti-Illegal immigration crowd should try to promote this as a reason for us to declare war on Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If Mexico is in fact doing these forced sterilizations, wouldn't it make sense for us to cut off all economic ties to Mexico(i.e. no Trade, no more Western Union transfers,etc.)?

I think us in the anti-Illegal immigration crowd should try to promote this as a reason for us to declare war on Mexico.

I think we in the anti-illegal immigration crowd should all learn to use proper English, first.

Oh, and why do you care? I thought you didn't care about human rights.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#12]
WoW!!! If they continue, I might just send them a donation so they can do a thousand more.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think we in the anti-illegal immigration crowd should all learn to use proper English, first.

Oh, and why do you care? I thought you didn't care about human rights.

I really don't, just looking for a reason to declare war on Mexico, that's all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
WoW!!! If they continue, I might just send them a donation so they can do a thousand more.

Wow, supporting sterilization of poor, racially oppressed people, didn't know we were in the 1940's again
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, supporting sterilization of poor, racially oppressed people, didn't know we were in the 1940's again

Speaking of having rights to a plot of land, the indigenous people own Mexico, not the half-breed Spanish.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'd say it meets the Genocide Convention's requirements.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better yet, slip a hypnotist into the White House and convince Jorge they have WMDs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Read the article.  They are only forcing it upon the INDIGENOUS peoples like Indians.  You know, the people who were really there first contrary to the claim of some banners during this week's protests.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better yet, slip a hypnotist into the White House and convince Jorge they have WMDs.

Who the fuck is Jorge?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the fuck is Jorge?

El Presidente.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#21]
This is more crap so they can come over here and we have to let them in. We will eat it up and let them in. You thought New Mexico was a state.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the fuck is Jorge?

El Presidente.

Fox's name is Jorge?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is more crap so they can come over here and we have to let them in. We will eat it up and let them in. You thought New Mexico was a state.

Go read the entire article.  They are doing to the ones who AREN'T coming here.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#24]
My point, In order to escape they will have the right to come here and we will have to let them in.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why Can't We???

Um, because it's wrong?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
El Presidente.

Fox's name is Jorge?

Its a Bush-basher way to refer to W and his weak immigration policy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Whats the UN gonna do?

*andy from shawshank redemption* "From now on, I think I'll write them two letters a week." *andy from shawshank redemption*
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say it meets the Genocide Convention's requirements.

They aren't killing babies.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
El Presidente.

Fox's name is Jorge?

Its a Bush-basher way to refer to W and his weak immigration policy.

Kharn

I know that, I just like to harass the ones who do INFANTILE shit like that.  It reminds of the way libtards like to name call.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:53:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
My point, In order to escape they will have the right to come here and we will have to let them in.

My point is that the ones they are doing it to don't want to come here.  They are not the problem that we see here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:03:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Whats the UN gonna do?

Yep, after that the UN just might point the finger and make a mean face too.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#32]

snip

/snip

That would put Wal-Mart completely out of business, along with numerous other companies.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the fuck is Jorge?

Sorry, out of town.........

Eso es "Jorge."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top