Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I called the Apache Junction school district, confirmed the event and let them know I support the kids taking down the Mexican flag and disposing of it.  If anyone else wants to show support for the kids, here is the number to the school district.  The staff was very nice and sounded very happy to hear support for the kids, please be nice.  

Apache Junction Unified School District.  

480-982-1110

Let us keep these kids out of trouble

I called and spoke with Amy under the Community Service section of the menu.  She was nice, told her I supported the kids 100% and she sounded happy.......

It may be cause I sound so hot on the phone
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tfod. IM inbound.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
UPDATE ON FLAG BURNING

From Hum Drum News Rag:
Residents close to the incident involving the burning of a Mexican flag at a local highschool are up in arms and very angry do to some serious side effects the indicent has caused.  Apparently there was a gentle breeze out of the south that day and at least 15 homes on the north side of the school have reported a foul smell in their homes due to the smoke.

"It smells like burned refried beans!" Explains Wilma Berk, who owns a home north of the school.

This is not an iscolated incident, while on scene other home owners complained the smoke contaminated their homes also.  The smell has been refered to as anything from burnt refried beans, to the smell of burned cooking grease.

Because this flag was owned by a Mexican, city officals are recommending not burning Mexican flags unless they are purchased new from an American owned retailer with a good reputation.

"We just don't know where these flags have been." states Ready Eddy an EPA rep, who was refering to Mexican owned flags.  "No telling what type of toxic waste the smoke could have in it."

Reporting live from the scene.
ChickenKiller Cluckcluck

this is a true story  honest Indian      

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure to buy the COTTON flags to burn rather than the nylon ones.

The cotton are more expensive, but will burn properly.  The nylon ones just melt.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Mexico gets half of its money thru Mexicans working in the US sending money home,  why not make it illegal to send money to Mexico?

IF WE CAN'T STOP THEM COMING, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE CAN STOP THEM FROM SENDING MONEY BACK?

We are still working on it.  Don`t worry though its in subcommittee.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#6]
We need a full blown fire mission to keep these kids who took the flag down out of trouble.  What they did was right.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

<snip>

A new political awareness among students has also been grabbing attention, as thousands have walked out on classes to join rallies in Phoenix and elsewhere. More than 100 students from Mesa's Carson Junior High and Westwood High schools marched in protest on Mesa streets Tuesday.

www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/122555

Pawns..
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If it's ok for the war protestors to burn the American flag then I the kids that burned the Mexican flag shouldn't be in trouble either...especially if it was inproperly displayed above the American flag.

Yup.  They just "fixed the glitch".
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patriotism: the language of hate.

Why do you always pick the wrong side to defend?

I'm just guessing, but I'd say he was being sarcastic/ironic.

Back in the early days of AR15.com, I went off on raven in a spit-flying, keyboard-toasting, napalm-fueled rant about something he had posted, when all along he was poking fun.

In other words, put down the noose and step back away from the lamp post.

That was how I read it, Jarhead.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#10]
No mexican flag will ever flow above my head. Take em down, burn em, and shoot any traitor that tries to stop you, and when it's all over put Old Glory back where she belongs
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm surprise the white kids weren't expelled for a 'hate crime'.

Viva Deez Nutz.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It annoys me greatly that the media and others can minimalize the outrage of a foreign flag being hoisted on U.S. soil, and then act like it is a crime to do anything about it.

Amen brother. . . .  stupid media! Lets burn them too!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It annoys me greatly that the media and others can minimalize the outrage of a foreign flag being hoisted on U.S. soil, and then act like it is a crime to do anything about it.

Amen brother. . . .  stupid media! Lets burn them too!

I can get behind that...and I'm not being sarcastic!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

A new political awareness among students has also been grabbing attention, as thousands have walked out on classes to join rallies in Phoenix and elsewhere. More than 100 students from Mesa's Carson Junior High and Westwood High schools marched in protest on Mesa streets Tuesday.

Pawns..

That's being polite -- the most accurate term is useful idiot.  That is exactly what they are, idiots.  Oddly enough, a Communist invented that term, and communists are participating in this issue.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats really good news to hear.
More Mexican flags need to burn.

Hell yeah, BURN BABY BURN

The roof flag, the roof flag, the roof flag is on fire!  We don't give a funk let the mother funker burn!  

They gots whats was comming to em!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#17]
this shit's going to get worse before it gets better.  there may be a shooting war before this is over.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#18]
BURN THAT FUCKER DOWN!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Just left a VERY supportive voicemail at the administrative office of the Superintendent.  Since I actually graduated from that High School in 1988, I let 'em know that, too and that I was PROUD of those kids.

We should take 'em out to lunch.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I called and got through to a 'Karen' in the Superintendant's office.  She was very gracious and thanked me for calling.

I just said I am an American citizen who wants to support a young person to took down a foriegn flag on our nation's soil.

By all means, CALL!!!  They sound happy to hear from us!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Mr. Wilson,

My name is The_Reaper, and I work for XXX in Iowa.

I recently heard that one of your students raised the flag of Mexico
above the United States flag, only to have it lowered and destroyed
by another student.

First, let me say that when I was in high school, I would have been
punished for touching the flag pole.

Second, I would have been punished even harsher for raising any
flag, let alone the flag of another country, above the United States flag.

The person who raised the Mexico flag was essentially being treasonous.
I know, boys will be boys.  However, there is a saying about not defecating
where you sleep.  This is America, after all.  

There are specific laws regarding the display of flags.
The student who raised the flag of Mexico broke these rules,
and possibly broke some laws.  

With all of this "zero tolerance" you are faced with, I'm not sure how
you will handle this situation.  I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes.
But if I were, I would use this as an opportunity to make
an example of two students.

The student who raised the flag of Mexico should be punished
fairly for the "crime".  While some might think that the punishment
for treason should be death by firing squad, I will reiterate that
boys will be boys.  Make this student responsible for raising the
American flag for the remainder of the school year.  

The student that lowered and destroyed the flag of Mexico
should not be punished at all.  

I know that you want to do what you can to squash future outbursts of
vigilantism.  But at the same time, I believe the general American public
would agree that the student who lowered the Mexico flag is somewhat
of a hero.  Do you really want to punish that?

I have to question how a student managed to be the first on the scene
to lower the foreign flag, instead of another faculty member?

My opinion is that the student who lowered the flag should be treated the
same as if he saw your United States flag was under attack by any other
threat, and was acting to protect it.  

Sincerely,

The_Reaper

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Mr. Wilson,

-snip-

Sincerely,

The_Reaper

Good letter, let us know if he responds, it would be interesting...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#23]
If anyone is interested in the school response, there is a video at the link under current headlines.

www.abc15.com/#
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Just called in at the number provided above; spoke with Lisa in information, who was very nice and seemed on the side of the American kids; I expressed my support for them. She confirmed that the US flag had been hauled down by the mexicans and replaced with the mexican flag.

The kids did the right thing; enough is enough, and we've all got to take a stand.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mr. Wilson,

-snip-

Sincerely,

The_Reaper

Good letter, let us know if he responds, it would be interesting...

Seriously doubt I get a reply.
He probably doesn't want anything in writing coming back and biting him in the ass.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

One can only hope you're being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn. Some kids that actually give a shit. If they weren't under age I'd offer them a drink!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Wonder if it smelled like a Taco Bell outside after....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#30]
No flag shall ever fly above the American flag.

BURN ALL MEXICAN FLAGS IN THE U.S.!

Especialy those ones they hang from the rear view mirrors. I hate those too.

If the views expressed in this reply offend you, please direct your liberal ass to the nearest cliff and jump!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
No flag shall ever fly above the American flag.

BURN ALL MEXICAN FLAGS IN THE U.S.!

Especialy those ones they hang from the rear view mirrors. I hate those too.

If the views expressed in this reply offend you, please direct your liberal ass to the nearest cliff and jump!

Amen!!!

I am getting real fuckin' sick and tired of this shit...it's about time to send back anyone without a green card...and deport ANYONE who, by specific and purposeful intent, supports or hires illegals.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I wonder if some factory workers in China are mystified about why they suddenly have to work three shifts a day making Mexican flags...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#34]

School flagpoles have been lightning rods across the country this week, including an incident in which a Houston high-school principal was disciplined after he flew a Mexican flag underneath his campus' U.S. and state flags.

What is wrong with these people?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Raven: the language of  a
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#36]
thankfully some people with some patriotic sack!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#37]
The only Mexican flag flying in the US should be the one at the Mexican't embassy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Son of A Bitch!  There may be hope for us yet.

Who'd have thought it would  be the young people who actually have enough balls to do this.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Son of A Bitch!  There may be hope for us yet.

Who'd have thought it would  be the young people who actually have enough balls to do this.

I heard that somebody asked them if they were Americans or American'ts, and they chose the former.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#40]
It'd be nice to get the kids who replaced the US Flag to its rightful position flags that flown over the Capitol.  They are not expensive (like $28 including shipping).  I'm pretty strapped, but I'd chip in a few bucks.  If they get punished, they get punished for doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It'd be nice to get the kids who replaced the US Flag to its rightful position flags that flown over the Capitol.  They are not expensive (like $28 including shipping).  I'm pretty strapped, but I'd chip in a few bucks.  If they get punished, they get punished for doing the right thing.

Good idea, but unfortunately the way the Capitol is being run these days, its not quite the honor it once was....

Maybe a better one would be one that flew over the Arizona, where real Americans gave their lives...not politicians who are in it for themselves....

Sorry, just don't have much respect for most of those who inhabit the Capitol these days....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Pawns..

That's being polite -- the most accurate term is useful idiot.  That is exactly what they are, idiots.  Oddly enough, a Communist invented that term, and communists are participating in this issue.

You're entirely correct.  FWIW, I have the book "Useful Idiots" (B. Olsen, IIRC) at home.  Good read.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Best news I've read all day
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you always pick the wrong side to defend?

Somebody's gotta be Imbroglio....[shrug]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Excellent.  Finally someones DOING something in regards to countering these assholes instead of just whining about it.  Shame it's a couple of kids from Tucson and not a couple of million Americans across the country.

Is that not how it starts? With one man saying "enough, I have had enough!"  And that may be what it takes to show us how stupid the system is.  Were the Mexicans expelled for a treasonous act, no cause that would make the school system racist now wouldn't it?

I wouldn't have been so bold as to burn their flag, okay I would burn it but only if you guys were there to cover me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Excellent.  Finally someones DOING something in regards to countering these assholes instead of just whining about it.  Shame it's a couple of kids from Tucson and not a couple of million Americans across the country.

Is that not how it starts? With one man saying "enough, I have had enough!"  And that may be what it takes to show us how stupid the system is.  Were the Mexicans expelled for a treasonous act, no cause that would make the school system racist now wouldn't it?

I wouldn't have been so bold as to burn their flag, okay I would burn it but only if you guys were there to cover me.

Is it too early to say "The legacy of Rosa Parks lives on"?

Good on them boys.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
UPDATE ON FLAG BURNING

From Hum Drum News Rag:
Residents close to the incident involving the burning of a Mexican flag at a local highschool are up in arms and very angry do to some serious side effects the indicent has caused.  Apparently there was a gentle breeze out of the south that day and at least 15 homes on the north side of the school have reported a foul smell in their homes due to the smoke.

"It smells like burned refried beans!" Explains Wilma Berk, who owns a home north of the school.

This is not an iscolated incident, while on scene other home owners complained the smoke contaminated their homes also.  The smell has been refered to as anything from burnt refried beans, to the smell of burned cooking grease.

Because this flag was owned by a Mexican, city officals are recommending not burning Mexican flags unless they are purchased new from an American owned retailer with a good reputation.

"We just don't know where these flags have been." states Ready Eddy an EPA rep, who was refering to Mexican owned flags.  "No telling what type of toxic waste the smoke could have in it."

Reporting live from the scene.
ChickenKiller Cluckcluck

this is a true story  honest Indian      

OMG OMG OMG... funniest thing I have read on this site since I joined!!! GREAT FUCKING WORK!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#48]
This is the United State of America.  

If you want to be loyal to Mexico, then live there.  

If you live here, you must obey our laws,  respect our culture, way of life, and history.  

Flying the flag of another country above ours, in our own country, is a slap in the face, and should be dealt with.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#49]
After reading all this stuff I'm glad most of you don't live in Nueva Jork, you freakin head would explode! Pratically everyone has some sort of foreign flag flying or some bumber sticker. Even the whites fly flags like Ireland or Norway or Italy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
After reading all this stuff I'm glad most of you don't live in Nueva Jork, you freakin head would explode! Pratically everyone has some sort of foreign flag flying or some bumber sticker. Even the whites fly flags like Ireland or Norway or Italy.

and how many of them are here in 10s of millions, demanding that since New England is their homeland they should have it back?

You reach a point where difference in degree does become a difference in kind....
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top