Ban Klingons.  Do it for the bunghole.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That would make me have to wait 364 days to be my normal self again. Nope. Wont even consider it.

Like women to a shoe sale, they rush to tell the world how un-racist they are...

Like flies to shit, the real racists come flocking out. Don't be upset that people are discussing the idea of being a close minded and ignorant fool for shits and giggles instead of taking it seriously as you do.

Explain to me how racism has become the number 1 sin in society.
Let me rephrase that.
Explain to me how WHITE racism has become the number 1 sin in society.

It isnt the number one sin, but it may be the number one stupidity. I can think of a million reasons not to like someone based upon deeds. Race has nothing to do with it.

And there is no correlation between the two, right?

The deeds and the race?  No statistically significant correlation?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a racist,I'm a realist.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It isnt the number one sin, but it may be the number one stupidity. I can think of a million reasons not to like someone based upon deeds. Race has nothing to do with it.

I sound like a broken record but "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Sowell covers this (with heavy citations) as well.

In short, it is a CLASS thing, not a black or white thing. Much of what is now considered the negative aspects of black culture, people "back in the day" (before black slaves were brought over) were complaining about crackers doing (people from the lawless Celtic borderlands).

When black slaves were freed, many fell into the lifestyle previously only associated with the crackers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's a lot easier to just hate everybody.  That way no one gets their feelings hurt.

+elebenty million
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That would make me have to wait 364 days to be my normal self again. Nope. Wont even consider it.

Like women to a shoe sale, they rush to tell the world how un-racist they are...

Like flies to shit, the real racists come flocking out. Don't be upset that people are discussing the idea of being a close minded and ignorant fool for shits and giggles instead of taking it seriously as you do.

Let me rephrase that.

When I lived in NYC there was mostly black crime

Now I live in Utah and all my issues are with white meth heads with a born to lose dream

What have I learned? I'm just as likely to get robbed by a black thug, than a skinny ass tweaker white boy.

I would shoot all these fuckers dead if they crossed me wrong.

Solidarity based upon race is for suckers. I'd rather surround myself with people who are politically, socially and morally like minded. You can open your arms to people that look like you all you want. For me respect is earned with deeds. And I interact with people as individuals than as statistics.

I wonder what statistics would say about you if I scewed them right. Do you want to be measured by some lab formula
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait...you mean that was only a one-day pass?  Damn...and all this time, I've been using it since I was old enough to talk.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:30:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sound like a broken record but "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" by Sowell covers this (with heavy citations) as well.

In short, it is a CLASS thing, not a black or white thing. Much of what is now considered the negative aspects of black culture, people "back in the day" (before black slaves were brought over) were complaining about crackers doing (people from the lawless Celtic borderlands).

When black slaves were freed, many fell into the lifestyle previously only associated with the crackers.

From where does class come?  How is it formed?  Is it a product of human minds, or is it an objective law of the universe that is applied to humans?

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone say there were shoes in here?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Someone say there were shoes in here?

Based on some of the replies, I'd have to say....yes:

BC
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me rephrase that.

When I lived in NYC there was mostly black crime

Now I live in Utah and all my issues are with white meth heads with a born to lose dream

What have I learned? I'm just as likely to get robbed by a black thug, than a skinny ass tweaker white boy.

I would shoot all these fuckers dead if they crossed me wrong.

Solidarity based upon race is for suckers. I'd rather surround myself with people who are politically, socially and morally like minded. You can open your arms to people that look like you all you want. For me respect is earned with deeds. And I interact with people as individuals than as statistics.

I wonder what statistics would say about you if I scewed them right. Do you want to be measured by some lab formula

You might want to look at the FBI uniform crime report because this conclusion is completely inconsistent with their findings.  Now, if you are in an exclusively white area, of course that could be different.  But overall the correlation between race and violent crime is so utterly undeniable that I didn't even realize it was debated any longer (at least by informed, educated people taking the issue seriously).

And as for me; the stats you "cook" based on my heritage would probably indicate I am highly literate, polite, probably bilingual and like Tim Hortons coffee.  That would be more or less correct.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From where does class come?  How is it formed?  Is it a product of human minds, or is it an objective law of the universe that is applied to humans?

It comes (in this case anyway) from economic depression and relative lawlessness. Combine it with a healthy dose of testosterone, sexuality and "nothing better to do" and voila, you get the low-class trash lifestyle.

You can see both whites and blacks enjoying the fruits of the cracker culture every night on your local syndicated run of "Cops"
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It comes (in this case anyway) from economic depression and relative lawlessness. Combine it with a healthy dose of testosterone, sexuality and "nothing better to do" and voila, you get the low-class trash lifestyle.

You can see both whites and blacks enjoying the fruits of the cracker culture every night on your local syndicated run of "Cops"

I hate that show. It's Springer with guns that are never used...but should be.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top