BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
HISD is not letting this sh*t fly. This is their official stance:

Statement from Superintendent of Schools Abelardo Saavedra Regarding Student Walkouts, March 28, 2006
March 29, 2006

It is critically important that our children are in school and learning every day. While we encourage students to express their opinions and to involve themselves in civic and government affairs, our students must follow the rules of conduct that require them to be in school and learning during school hours.

All the students who participated in today's walkouts will be disciplined. The parents of each student who participated will be contacted and informed of the student's actions. Each student action associated with today's events will be reviewed by school officials, and students may, at the discretion of the principal, be placed in detention or in-school suspension, and may also be subject to other sanctions.

If these demonstrations continue on Wednesday or another time in the future, the consequences for students who violate the standards of conduct will be more severe. A repeat of today's demonstrations could cause students to be suspended for up to three days, or to be removed.

Our schools are working closely with our young people to encourage them to find the right ways to express their feelings on these issues. Some schools are assigning students to write papers about the proposed immigration legislation. Others are holding group meetings with students to talk about the issue. We want our students' voices on these issues to be heard. But it is vitally important, for their own safety and their academic standing, that students be in school and learning during the school day, and that they follow the standards of conduct. Failure to follow these standards could result in a student's not being able to graduate on time, or having difficulty getting into college and succeeding there.

We urge the parents of HISD's students to talk with their children about these issues and to make sure their children stay in school every day.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You raise another country's flag on our land that means you're invading and we're at war.  Do you want to play war on America's homeland???

That's exactly what it means: "I claim this land for Spain Mexico!"
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
HISD is not letting this sh*t fly. This is their official stance:

Statement from Superintendent of Schools Abelardo Saavedra Regarding Student Walkouts, March 28, 2006
March 29, 2006

It is critically important that our children are in school and learning every day. While we encourage students to express their opinions and to involve themselves in civic and government affairs, our students must follow the rules of conduct that require them to be in school and learning during school hours.

All the students who participated in today's walkouts will be disciplined. The parents of each student who participated will be contacted and informed of the student's actions. Each student action associated with today's events will be reviewed by school officials, and students may, at the discretion of the principal, be placed in detention or in-school suspension, and may also be subject to other sanctions.

If these demonstrations continue on Wednesday or another time in the future, the consequences for students who violate the standards of conduct will be more severe. A repeat of today's demonstrations could cause students to be suspended for up to three days, or to be removed.

Our schools are working closely with our young people to encourage them to find the right ways to express their feelings on these issues. Some schools are assigning students to write papers about the proposed immigration legislation. Others are holding group meetings with students to talk about the issue. We want our students' voices on these issues to be heard. But it is vitally important, for their own safety and their academic standing, that students be in school and learning during the school day, and that they follow the standards of conduct. Failure to follow these standards could result in a student's not being able to graduate on time, or having difficulty getting into college and succeeding there.

We urge the parents of HISD's students to talk with their children about these issues and to make sure their children stay in school every day.

Abe Saavedra?  Didn't he used to be superintendent of CCISD? (Corpus Christi ISD)
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This isn't Mexico!

Damn skippy.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Houston School Board phone number # 713-556-6121, let the admin of schools here your opion.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
tag for later
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This isn't Mexico!

GOD DANM RIGHT IT IS NOT!

BURN THE MEX FLAG, THEN SHOOT THE FUCKER THAT PUT IT UP.

TRAITOR!

If the views expressed in this reply offend you, please direct your liberal ass to the nearest cliff and jump!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Nuke em!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't know why the barrio kids are proud of their heritage. Mexico is such a backwards lousy country! There are many many reasons why they don't live there.

+1 Really they should be ashamed of where they came from.

I love the quote from the movie Poetic Justice: (mexican guy to the black guy)" At least we have our own country." (black guy to the mexican guy)" Then why the fuck ya'll keep sneaking out?!"
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If the views expressed in this reply offend you, please direct your liberal ass to the nearest cliff and jump!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Take it down, fly Old Glory on top and the Gonzales Banner of 1835 right under it.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted: Houston School Board phone number # 713-556-6121, let the admin of schools here your opion.
Tell them that if school employees are letting the Mexicrap flag fly, that you'll vote to cut school taxes and funding. Here's the school's website. hs.houstonisd.org/ReaganHS/ Give 'em hell!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I live in Texas and there isn't a lot we can do other than calling our congressmen/senators. Our politicians (Texas and US) refuse to support or deal with the issue. Not only do they not support law enforcement that actually penalize them for taking action (ACLU).

One thing to note is that the Alamo didn't turn out well for future Texans. It is what we remember but San Jacinto is where we took ownership of the big state.

Also my wife and in laws are all Mexican immigrants (3-4 generations legally here in American). They find this issue to be embarrassing for the US. I never see anything that supports Mexico on them, near them or flying. Their family left that country because of corruption, poverty and the inability to pursue a good life/happiness.

At one point in time the Native Americans were the inhabitants of America (whatever they called it then). However after an influx of immigrants, introduction of policy, laws and their inability to stand together to beat back the influx, they forfeited their rights and sovereignty. I wonder what the Mexican immigrants are going to call their new country after we stand around idle and let them have it?

Important to note that the above was accidentally posted by my friend, who's future screen name will be "Purus Rutilus Gutter."  No, Kate, I didnt get married behind your back.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#14]
It's going to take more than burnin a few mexican flags to get this shit straight.  If the flag went up in my town at a school and I saw it I would get the sumbitch,  no need to climb a pole just lower the rope and get it.  

You folks up north need to just, to put it politely, just settle down.  Because you  have no concept of the problem, down here in the border states we have been living with this for the last 40 years.

If you want to do something write letters and emails to your senators and representatives.  The crux of the problem is that neither the republicans (who like cheap labor) or democrats (who like hispanic immigrant votes)  give a flying hoot in hell about the situation that we are in.  

There are plenty of hispanics who are not happy with the situation here in Texas, they have been here more generations than a lot of the white people here, they don't like seeing all the boofs walking down the street from central and south america.  There are people in my town walking around that probably were living in grass huts in the rain forest five years ago, I mean they look like cave men.

The only way to stem the flow is to get congress to legislate penalties against employers of illegals period.  If you elimanate the jobs the boofs will have to go home.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top