Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 6:09:34 PM EDT
Q... Has anyone worked for private contractors in Iraq, like KBR or someone  like them ? Thinking, just thinking about overseas work as a DS mechanic. Worked as a fed, tech, for 12yrs. Did 19yrs ARMY guard......Med, out 2004
MOS 63H.......Alot of R&R and engine, trans, work.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
OK . I guess nobody has worked for them?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
DynCorps is looking for Mechanics in Iraq (Cop training mostly) and Afghanistan (Poppy Eradication). They're also looking for mechanics in the USAF prepositioning stuff (Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, etc.) where the risk is less.

Website (www.dyncorprecruiting.com/).
Those that I've met or were former were all nice and competant people as well.

CSC is looking for M998 mechanics and the like as well, down in Panama City.

I just checked Blackwater for you, and they have enough mechanics, but they say to send in a resume anyway. Something might open up.

Just a note: There's lots of folks that have websites and who are over there who really suck. Make sure you know who you're signing up with. A fly-by-night outfit can get you killed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Man.......Thanks ahole bunch! I will ck all the info, out this weekend
My wife say "Go over there and get it out of you".........I tell you, what I know now. I would have never takin a Med,..............19yrs Guard.........All those.......F-in-summer camps
And my old unit is headed over there!...........DUMB.DUMB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top