Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Check out CDNN's prices on used police trade-ins.

S&W from $249
Beretta from $269
SIG from $289
Glocks from $369

Largest price drop from new to used? SIG by a mile. Smallest price drop between new and used? Glock (especially when you consider the police price for a Glock).

That proves exactly nothing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sig is top dog

that is why every top LEO / Military unit  that don't have to pinch pennies uses a SIG.

Secret Service
Delta
Navy Seals
name it

Don't like Sig, well there is always Ruger for folks like you.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

S&W from $249
Beretta from $269
SIG from $289
Glocks from $369

Largest price drop from new to used? SIG by a mile. Smallest price drop between new and used? Glock (especially when you consider the police price for a Glock).

Except for trade-ins holding resale value, you mean.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

S&W from $249
Beretta from $269
SIG from $289
Glocks from $369

Except for trade-ins holding resale value, you mean.

No, I meant exactly what I said.  CDNN prices those guns based on what they paid for them and what condition they are in, as a whole.  If those guns are cheaper, it's because they either got them cheaper or they are more beat up, or both.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

S&W from $249
Beretta from $269
SIG from $289
Glocks from $369

This is hilarious.

Sigs from CDNN for $289?????????  I already had their 2006-1 catalog downloaded and just downloaded the 2006-2 catalog.

For $289.00, you can't even get the Trailside .22 in the 2006-1 catalog or the 2006-2 catalog.  The only used Sig in the 2006-1 catalog is a P220 for $479.00  Also in the 2006-1 were Glock 22s for $349.00.  Same deal in the 2006-2 catalog.

In the 2006-2 catalog, they show no used Sigs so I called them.  They have used P226s for $369.00.  The guy laughed at the $289.00 figure.

Where did you get those figures?  Sure as hell not from CDNN.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If those guns are cheaper, it's because they either got them cheaper or they are more beat up, or both.

Not at all. They charge what they can they think they can get. They very well may have gotten the Glocks cheaper, but feel that they can charge what they charge for them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If those guns are cheaper, it's because they either got them cheaper or they are more beat up, or both.

Not at all. They charge what they can they think they can get. They very well may have gotten the Glocks cheaper, but feel that they can charge what they charge for them.

And what they charge is nowhere near what was posted.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For $289.00, you can't even get the Trailside .22 in the 2006-1 catalog or the 2006-2 catalog.  The only used Sig in the 2006-1 catalog is a P220 for $479.00  Also in the 2006-1 were Glock 22s for $349.00.  Same deal in the 2006-2 catalog.

In the 2006-2 catalog, they show no used Sigs so I called them.  They have used P226s for $369.00.  The guy laughed at the $289.00 figure.

In the latest catalog available for download, they have P226s for $369, S&W 4043 for $259, and G22s for $349 ($389 with some ghey laser.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the latest catalog available for download, they have P226s for $369, S&W 4043 for $259, and G22s for $349 ($389 with some ghey laser.)

That's what I posted.  It sure as hell ain't $289.00 and those Glocks are lower than the figure stated in the post I responded to.

I just found it in my catalog, but calling them had already verified that.

I am just wondering where the original poster came up with his figures.

ETA:  They have some P226s in .357 Sig if anyone is interested.  $379 and up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dunno, but goddamn, I could have gotten how many trade-ins for the price of one USP?

And just to play with prices a bit:

New P226: 649.99
Trade-in: 369.99

New G22: ???? Don't see those in the catalog.
Trade-in: 349.99
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dunno, but goddamn, I could have gotten how many trade-ins for the price of one USP?

And just to play with prices a bit:

New P226: 649.99
Trade-in: 369.99

New G22: ???? Don't see those in the catalog.
Trade-in: 349.99

I just got a brand new HK USP .45 from them for $672.00.

Just out of curiosity, how much does a new G22 go for?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they charge what they think they can get wrt THE CONDITION OF THE GUNS.  You totally ignored that part of the post.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, how much does a new G22 go for?

Not a clue. $470-ish maybe?

Quoted:
No, they charge what they think they can get wrt THE CONDITION OF THE GUNS.  You totally ignored that part of the post.  

Nah, the condition is factored in. The final price we see is an amalgamation of their cost, condition of the  pistols, supply/demand, what they think the market will bear, et cetera. Condition alone doesn't set the price.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I am a big fan of sig pistols.  I own 2 of them and shoot them well.  However I do agree that Sig has lost touch with reality.  Either that, or, they have a big ego trip going on in their factory.  Case in point were the stupid proprietary rails on their guns.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Case in point were the stupid proprietary rails on their guns.

Hasn't hurt HK sales.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hasn't hurt HK sales.

Don't all the Glocks have a rail as well?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hasn't hurt HK sales.

Ya, but those will accept any M1913-railed light. The USP UTL rail is proprietary, even if it is a better idea. (IMO)

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I am a big fan of sig pistols.  I own 2 of them and shoot them well.  However I do agree that Sig has lost touch with reality.  Either that, or, they have a big ego trip going on in their factory.  Case in point were the stupid proprietary rails on their guns.

The SIG rails are proprietary?
Maybe on the polymer PRO series, but I thought the classic SIGs had 1913 rails?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess what.  I have Sigs, HKs, and Rugers and I trust the Rugers as much as I do the others.  What a crock that statement is.

I agree.  Ruger's handguns handle recoil much better than most other makes, and are 110% reliable.  The only gripe I have with Ruger is the design of the mag catch - they tend to release the mag when drawing the gun (in my experience).  The mag catch is too easy to accidentally release IMO.

Back on topic, I prefer the older DA/SA Sigs with the stamped slides.  I wish they would just make them they way they used to.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hasn't hurt HK sales.

Ya, but those will accept any M1913-railed light. The USP UTL rail is proprietary, even if it is a better idea. (IMO)

Won't the Sig rails accept an M1913 rail attachment?  Looks like M1913 in the pics.

The Sig rails do not look proprietary to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The SIG rails are proprietary?
Maybe on the polymer PRO series, but I thought the classic SIGs had 1913 rails?

Correct. The early Pros had the Sig rail; the 2022 has a M1913 rail.

ETA: All of the railed P-series (226/220/etc) that have a rail have a M1913 rail.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess what.  I have Sigs, HKs, and Rugers and I trust the Rugers as much as I do the others.  What a crock that statement is.

I agree.  Ruger's handguns handle recoil much better than most other makes, and are 110% reliable.  The only gripe I have with Ruger is the design of the mag catch - they tend to release the mag when drawing the gun (in my experience).  The mag catch is too easy to accidentally release IMO.

Back on topic, I prefer the older DA/SA Sigs with the stamped slides.  I wish they would just make them they way they used to.

I have never had the mag catch accidentally release the mag on my Rugers.  BTW, the P345 is sweet, damn nice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#24]
You are a moron.

Quoted:
No, I'm just tired of people bitching because a gun company didnt give them what they wanted, ot the gun company makes something they dont approve of.  He did this in the Handgun boards, and he's doing it in GD.

It actually is posted in the Handguard board.  And doesn't matter anyway because this is the General Discussion meaning I can talk about anything I want, dumbass.

The DAK was brought forth because there was a need.  Its revolutionary to SIG Sauer because until theDAK came out, it was either DA/SA or DAO.  HK calls their LEM trigger
revolutionary as well.

The invention of smokess power was revolutionary.

He's decided the Mosquito is a PoS, because of a thread.  Funny, all the ones I shot were all reliable and fairly accurate.  Same thread, the guy that complained seemed to have gotten satisfaction in the outcome.

No I didn't dumbass.  I knew is was going to be a piece of shit even before it was going to be realeased as it had cast pot metal parts because it was designed to compete with the P22.

The 556s displayed at SHOT were nothing more than prototypes, but he tries to condemn the damned things before he has even got his grubby hands on it.  Seems he didnt do his homework on it either.

It was not what we wanted.  I don't have a problem with it as long as they make a traditional model in addition to the 556 model.  

RED:  This is irrelavent.  

The P226Rs with threaded barrels were a limited production gun.  SIG even said that.  Its another case of him not doing his homework.  the worst part is its something that could be rectified easily, by a phone call to Jarvis or Barsto.

Yeah, showing your level of intelligence again.  I guess you would rather spend extra $$ and time  for a non factory barrel and void your warrantee.  

Everyone knows the 226R with threads were popular.  It would make good sense to make more of them.  HK does't offer an artifical amount of MK23 and USPs with threads.

So what if the ATF uses SIGs.  So do a number of other agencies and depts that arent well liked on this board.  Every gun company that has a contract with an agency or department is going to brag about who uses them.  Thats common business sense.

RED:  Irrelavent.  

Its also common business sense to not piss off your customers by bragging about arming an orgination they hate.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
As a fellow SIG owner, I am really upset with them over the past few years.

1.  First of all the DAK trigger is not the greatest think to ever hit the firearms market.  There were DAO pistols before it and there will be other DAO pistols in the future.  It's nice to have different firing control options but I'm fucking tired of hearing about it.  Also, I fail to see how everyone has used a SA or SA/DA pistol for the past 100 years but SWAT and other tactical operators are incable of using a SA or SA/DA and need a DAK. God-fucking-forbid a gun company make a new product and market it.  

2.  The SIG Mosquito.  We've already established this is a piece of crap.  Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!  You are complaining about a gun that you don't like.  Here's a tip... don't buy it.

3.   The Crapco SIG 556.  It's was clear to SIG we wanted a traditional 550 series and not cheap plastic crap.  I fail to see how someone can justfy buying a SIG556 for $1300 when they can by an Armalite AR-180B for $500 and get the exact same thing except for a chrome lined barrel.  Don't try to tell me the SIG comes with a bunch of extras like a railed handguard.  Those handguards are not in the same league as a KAC, DD, LaRue, etc model  I want a SIG 55X in original configuration as well... but I can't bring myself to currently trash a company for bring a new evil black rifle onto the market.  HK still has cold feet, Colt is still sucking their own dick, and we haven't seen a lot of new stuff in the past couple of years.   Grow up...  buy the gun... skip it... or wait/pray for a different configuration.  Until then, write a friendly note to SIG and then shut your meat-holster.

4.  They refuse to sell more P226Rs with the treaded barrel   Write a friendly letter, look into an aftermarket barrel, or buy a used one if you can find it.  Whining in the net isn't going to help you acquire shit.

5.  I open the new 2006 catalogue and see SIG bragging about who uses their pistols.  I see one of those who uses there product is the ATF.  Yeah, that really wants to make me buy your product when I see you are proud to arm the people who strip away my RKBA.

OHHHHHH!  Those bad boys at SIG are selling to a large government agency when they could sell you a couple of items and make you happy.  Got a beef with the ATF?  Take it up with your legislators or start stockpiling ammo.  I'd go with the latter.

Sorry to be a bit... rude.  I ran out of cigs.

-  BG
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, the condition is factored in. The final price we see is an amalgamation of their cost, condition of the  pistols, supply/demand, what they think the market will bear, et cetera. Condition alone doesn't set the price.

Nothing you said contradicted what I said.  The codition is factored into the price.  That's exactly what I said.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
OHHHHHH!  Those bad boys at SIG are selling to a large government agency when they could sell you a couple of items and make you happy.  Got a beef with the ATF?  Take it up with your legislators or start stockpiling ammo.  I'd go with the latter.

Sorry to be a bit... rude.  I ran out of cigs.

-  BG

That was never my argument.  Once again lack of reading comprehension.  Almost all companies sell to the ATF.  Do you think I don't realize that.

It the bragging about it that I do not like.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#28]

It never ceases to amaze me.

We actually have a firearms manufacturer who is attempting to give the American public a quality piece of merchandise, as well as introducing a plethora of new products, and you're bitching?

Especially considering the fact that they are offering an EBR. If you don't like it, don't buy it.  I bet you were all torn up about S&W offering an AR too, weren't you?

If you don't want to hear about the DAK trigger, stop clicking on threads about it.

If you think that the Mosquito is a POS, don't get one.

If you want a 226R with a threaded bbl BUY ONE HERE www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976670968.htm  

or HERE www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976686248.htm

The ATF probably does or has used MP5's also...........Would that STOP you from getting one?

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#29]
My only complaint about them is dropping the 228 from civilian sales.  That was a nice light little gun.  

By the time I decided to buy a 228, I had to settle for a 229 in 9mm,  which is nice enough, but is unneccesarily heavy in comparison to the 228.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

S&W from $249
Beretta from $269
SIG from $289
Glocks from $369

This is hilarious.

Sigs from CDNN for $289?????????  I already had their 2006-1 catalog downloaded and just downloaded the 2006-2 catalog.

Happy to send you on a wild goose chase. The figure are from last year. Just like Consumer Reports uses recent resale figures.

Thanks for the 2006-2 tip though. I'll be there while you and Mr. Mom keep up your nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#31]
He's just a bitchy new wave arfcommer.

This thread sucks on multiple fronts.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
My only complaint about them is dropping the 228 from civilian sales.  That was a nice light little gun.  

By the time I decided to buy a 228, I had to settle for a 229 in 9mm,  which is nice enough, but is unneccesarily heavy in comparison to the 228.

I might be wrong, but I thought the 229 only weighed one ounce more than the 228.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Happy to send you on a wild goose chase.

None of us are interested in your sex life.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I might be wrong, but I thought the 229 only weighed one ounce more than the 228.

It's a little over 2 ounces more, but it's more the affect of the balance in the hand when I hold each gun in comparison.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Happy to send you on a wild goose chase.

None of us are interested in your sex life.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Nothing you said contradicted what I said.  The codition is factored into the price.  That's exactly what I said.

Condition is only one factor, and not a terribly important one at that. (Within reason) It's not like the price scales, say, $350 for a 90% pistol, $300 for a 80%, etcetera. More important is what they paid and what the market will bear.

CDNN sells all of the trade-ins for the same price, with maybe (I'm not sure) a surcharge for a 'hand select'. Otherwise, you're getting a varying-condition pistol at a set price.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Condition is only one factor, and not a terribly important one at that. (Within reason) It's not like the price scales, say, $350 for a 90% pistol, $300 for a 80%, etcetera. More important is what they paid and what the market will bear.

Dude, in your previous response, you said that what they paid was irrelevant, now you're saying it's more important than condition.  Seriously, you're getting ridiculous.  Unless CDNN is unlike any other gun dealer in history, their prices are based on what the market will bear with respect to the condition of the gun, with the price they paid factored in as well.  You're arguing in circles in a vain attempt to somehow have a different opinion than me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CDNN sells all of the trade-ins for the same price, with maybe (I'm not sure) a surcharge for a 'hand select'. Otherwise, you're getting a varying-condition pistol at a set price.

Hey, you two are actually agreeing, damn it, so knock it off!

Tomislav, earlier, I wasn't sure if we were agreeing or not and really am not still sure.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Happy to send you on a wild goose chase. The figure are from last year. Just like Consumer Reports uses recent resale figures.

Thanks for the 2006-2 tip though. I'll be there while you and Mr. Mom keep up your nonsense.

Well, I guess you feel real proud of yourself, huh.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Dude, in your previous response, you said that what they paid was irrelevant,

Really? Where did I say that? I'm not making shit up and attributing it to you; return the courtesy to me.

...now you're saying it's more important than condition.

Within limits, sure.

Unless CDNN is unlike any other gun dealer in history, their prices are based on what the market will bear with respect to the condition of the gun, with the price they paid factored in as well.

Really? So show me the sliding price scale the reflects the condition of each and every trade-in they sell. You can't? Gosh, imagine that.

You're arguing in circles in a vain attempt to somehow have a different opinion than me.

Nah. You just don't understand what you are talking about, but feel the need to keep talking. *shrug*
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#41]
What a dumb thread.  Seriously, I like Sigs better than just about every other handgun (cept some of those nice looking 1911's).  However no matter what you choose, whether it be Sig, Glock, or HK you are getting a GOOD solid firearm.  Arguing over their trade in value is about the dumbest compairisons I have seen in sometime.  I am sure a used Luger is much, much more valuable than a used Sig, but does that make it a better defensive/combat firearm?  Hell no!  Most people don't buy fighting handguns as an financial investment anyway.

So what is the Mosquito sucks.  Never shot one and have no desire to own one.  If I wanted a good .22lr pistol I would get a Walther or Ruger instead.

The Sig tactical was a limited production line anyway, why do you think they stuck $990 price tags on them.  I am sure they will have another limited production line come fall/next winter.

If you don't like the DAK, don't get it.  Shesh some people like DAO some don't.  I rather have the DA/SA.

Sig made it clear that the 556 will have some ability to change the stock and other parts of the gun.  So a gun manufacture goes out on a limb to produce here in the states a new tactical rifle for CIVILIAN USE and you act like the sky is falling.  

Give me a break!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
What a dumb thread.  Seriously, I like Sigs better than just about every other handgun (cept some of those nice looking 1911's).  However no matter what you choose, whether it be Sig, Glock, or HK you are getting a GOOD solid firearm.  Arguing over their trade in value is about the dumbest compairisons I have seen in sometime.  I am sure a used Luger is much, much more valuable than a used Sig, but does that make it a better defensive/combat firearm?  Hell no!  Most people don't buy fighting handguns as an financial investment anyway.

So what is the Mosquito sucks.  Never shot one and have no desire to own one.  If I wanted a good .22lr pistol I would get a Walther or Ruger instead.

The Sig tactical was a limited production line anyway, why do you think they stuck $990 price tags on them.  I am sure they will have another limited production line come fall/next winter.

If you don't like the DAK, don't get it.  Shesh some people like DAO some don't.  I rather have the DA/SA.

Sig made it clear that the 556 will have some ability to change the stock and other parts of the gun.  So a gun manufacture goes out on a limb to produce here in the states a new tactical rifle for CIVILIAN USE and you act like the sky is falling.  

Give me a break!

I knew I liked you for a reason
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Irrelavent to my arguement

If they do that is fine.

Once again, not my argument

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know there was already parts to convert traditional 550 to AR stocks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm getting a P239 DAK soon

I have no clue wtf a DAK is.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have no clue wtf a DAK is.  

It's good stuff. Don't let the detractors fool you; it just takes some time to get used to. (As with LEM triggers.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I fail to see how someone can justfy buying a SIG556 for $1300 when they can by an Armalite AR-180B for $500 and get the exact same thing except for a chrome lined barrel.  Don't try to tell me the SIG comes with a bunch of extras like a railed handguard.  Those handguards are not in the same league as a KAC, DD, LaRue, etc model

It's funny how nobody has countered this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#48]
'cause it's silly.  I'd collect several AR-180s if they were $500 each used.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fail to see how someone can justfy buying a SIG556 for $1300 when they can by an Armalite AR-180B for $500 and get the exact same thing except for a chrome lined barrel.  Don't try to tell me the SIG comes with a bunch of extras like a railed handguard.  Those handguards are not in the same league as a KAC, DD, LaRue, etc model

It's funny how nobody hasn't countered this.

Here’s a counter for ya…

YOU CAN’T BUY A FUCKING 556 YET! THEY ARE NOT ON THE MARKET! NOBODY HAS A FUCKING CLUE WHAT THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL LOOK LIKE OR COST!

Why don’t you find some other guns that aren’t on the market to bitch about.

Can’t buy a tapcoized G3 from HK!
Bitch about that for a while.

Can’t buy a Glock with a spork attachment!
Bitch about that one.

Never see a DSA Para with a good MG3 bipod!
Why the fuck not?!?!?!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Holy Crap!!  

I have a Sig P226 "Blackwater" on layaway...

May have to rethink this......

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top