Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Rare, with season salt....mmmmm

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Knock it in the head, wipe it's ass, and give it to me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Medium rare with a nice Merlot or Cabernet
Um Um Good!
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Medium well, no sauce at all.
View Quote

I'll second that
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How people can eat dead things is beyond me.
View Quote

Because eating them still alive is cruel.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BTW, read the book "Kitchen Confidential" and you will never order your steak well-done or on Monday again.
View Quote

Please elaborate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally posted by Javak -
BTW, read the book "Kitchen Confidential" and you will never order your steak well-done or on Monday again.
View Quote

I believe it's because when steak becomes a little too, shall we say 'ripe', it's set aside in an area of the refrigerator that's marked as
'Save for Well Done.'

Most restaurants don't receive deliveries on the weekend, so by Monday there's probably a lot of the meat that's 'Saved for Well Done.'

Eric The(TheRarerTheBetter)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Rare as in completely uncooked in the middle and a light brown on the outside. I like it bloody with a little salt.

Burned steaks make me sick...
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Rare for steaks and for Steak Tar-Tar raw.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Our steaks around here that are corn fed are good even if there isn't any red in em at all, they still melt in your mouth!!

Infact thats how I prefer mine, WELL, and also "blackened"
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I like mine between medium and medium rare.  I use a charcoal grill and I think it really enhances the flavor.  I have had on occasion steak with blue cheese, au poive, and other varieties and enjoyed them, but there's nothing like a plain ole steak cooked on the grill.

I tend to prefer filets and NY strips.  I like the way ribeyes taste, but they are a little too fatty for me.

Regarding the wild side for you carnivores:

If you are ever in Atlanta there is a place where you can really pig out on meat:  Fugo de Chao which is a bunch of Brazilian cowboys walking around with all kinds of different meats on a spit which have been cooked on an open fire.  You have a card which is green on one side and red on the other. When you want meat you put the green side up, and multiple south american dressed charcharras, or something like that, descend on you table and start to carve all types of grilled meat and chicken.  You flip the card when you want em to stop carving. The salad bar is *ing unreal also.  All you can eat, +/- $35.  This place is also in Texas somewhere I believe.

Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Medium rare, pink and warm on the inside. (lots of good things are pink and warm on the inside):D

A NY strip or a T-bone please. I dont like steaks that are cut so thick they look like little roast. They are usually burnt on the outside and still cold in the middle. A good cut of beef needs no sauce if its cooked right. I rarely order a steak at a resturant because they can never seem to do it a good as I can on the grill. Cook on the grill, smoked with a little Pecan wood. Yummy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#14]
medium rare with no sauce, if its a nice thick steak. if its a low quality steak with out the flavor of a nice one, some A1 and maybe some onions and peppers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to be a big red meat eater until last fall and all the Mad Cow stuff was going on. I used to love my steak rare. Don't get me wrong I have not become a vegetarian. I just stopped for many reasons. Mad Cow, health reasons, not trusting what the cattle industry feeds cows, not trusting what the cattle industry feeds cows, and not trusting what the cattle industry feeds cows. I can honestly say I don't miss eating red meat anymore.

I still eat chicken, a little pork, and fish. I know you can't trust what the pork and chicken industry puts in their meat also, but at least I'm not going to get some crazy brain disease from them either. I try to buy the brands of chicken that say no additives etc. on the label. Not that I totally trust that. I might go back to beef some year in the future if the FDA cracks down on them and enforces the no filler feeding prices. Yes, the prices will probably go up, but I would only eat a little bit anyway. In fact now I walk by the red meat section and it looks tainted to me know.

Now if someone tried to deny me the yard bird I would be seriously pissed. Since I have cut red meat out of my diet I have decimated herds of chickens as I smite them with my M60 pumping 6 to 9 round bursts into their ranks rat tat tat tat rat tat tat ... .

The horror, the horror
No Slack!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top