Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:52:27 PM EDT
So DoD decides toborrow from Peter to Pay Paul sort of.  USN is fat on people and USA is short.  So USN ponies up and gives 14k personell to ground support roles by end of fiscal year 2006 and 35k by end of 2007.

A guy I fly with volunteered and leaves for the Army to train for two months before going to Iraq for a year.  I'm thinking I cant let a fellow flyer go alone..  Im mean we are taught Esprit De Corps..  I'm debating this or trying for Army helo pilot..
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
DOD's "Blue to Green" program failed decisively.....I guess this is the next choice.
Well, I expect the Army and Marines could use the help.

Go for it if you want.

Don't do it if you don't.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I ALMOST did this last December. Problem was they could tell me very little.

- 6-7 months of training
- I could only find one obscure reference to the command
- somewhere in Iraq

Who knows what is was, probably latrine detail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
huh ?

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DOD's "Blue to Green" program failed decisively.....I guess this is the next choice.

Go for it if you want.

This has nothing to do with the Blue to Green program. B2G was a force-shaping tool for the Navy. B2G encouraged people to get out of the Navy, while IA's are only temporary. IA's aren't about force shaping. They're for helping another service out on the ground. And, quite frankly, to show the Navy as a team player to the politicians.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I ALMOST did this last December. Problem was they could tell me very little.

- 6-7 months of training
- I could only find one obscure reference to the command
- somewhere in Iraq

Who knows what is was, probably latrine detail.

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go for it if you want.

This has nothing to do with the Blue to Green program. B2G was a force-shaping tool for the Navy. B2G encouraged people to get out of the Navy, while IA's are only temporary. IA's aren't about force shaping. They're for helping another service out on the ground. And, quite frankly, to show the Navy as a team player to the politicians.

Exactly.  From what I understand these are support roles like securty and administrative type stuff.  But if successful this will most likely turn into Squids being sent to infantry school and being assigned to combat support units.  Or so says the rumor mill.  Hopefully it brings back a weapons program Navy wide.  

I want to do this or the helo pilot gig but I am torn between leaving my daughter(IA) for a year and leaving my beloved Navy forever(Army WCO)..

I wish the important decisions were easy..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top