Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:42:13 AM EDT
I had a filling done less than three years ago and it came out last night. Do dentists warranty their work? A filling should last longer than three years shouldnt it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
dental warranty last, till you walk out the door.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the dentist. I had one come out after about a year. I called made the apointment and went in expecting to pay. Much to my surprise when the dentist said there was no charge.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A filling should last longer than three years shouldnt it?

Depends on the position of the filling, and how good you were taking care of your teeth.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
This is timely.
I had a root canal done a month ago. Sevens days later a corner of the tooth breaks off. Twelve days later, the tooth splits one side loose, had to wait 'til today to have it removed. Most of the damn tooth is gone now, the bill was almost 5oo bucks.

Do I need to explain to anyone that I'm a tad PO'd?

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends on the dentist:

My dentist crowned one of my teeth.  Two years later the same tooth needed a root canal.  He only charged me for the root canal and the new crown was on him since I don't have dental insurance and he did the original crown.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top