User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not sure I'd want someone on the "fun and edgy side" teaching my second grader.  

old-fashioned!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
It's only trashy when you can name 6 other people with the same tat...   For god's sake! get some original and something that means something to you. Not because it looked good at the time or your friend has it.  

Keep it off the breasts please, oh so trashy.

Power to you, get it where you want it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of us just grew up in an age when tattoos (and piercings) had a negative connotation attached to them.  To many of us they still do and always will.  Get over it, thats just the way we are.

I have no tats, have no interest in getting any tats, and don't understand why anybody would want tats.  There is no design or picture that I love enough to have emblazoned on my body for all eternity.

I think they are a fad and that sometime soon the fad will fade, like all fads do, and there will be a lot of people waking up going WTF was I thinking.

To me, back tats make even less sense than other tats since you can't see them without the use of a few mirrors and being a contortionist.

That being said, the LOML had a tat and I loved her no less for it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not sure I'd want someone on the "fun and edgy side" teaching my second grader.  

I know the person in question....
When she is at school....teaching...not the afterschool program....you would never in a million years know she had a tattoo of any kind.  She wears long skirts, collared blouses and very conservative.  She teaches at a private school.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't like the unoriginal tat, I think they look bad no matter where they are and who they are on.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]
To me they stand for lack of originality, not tattoo's in general just lower back tat's on girls.  Because it's like a liscense plate or something.  I rarely see them anywhere else.  It's like the barbed wire around the arm, how original!  Might as well get a heart with an arrow through it that says "Mom". The point of tattoo's is to be original and differant.  That applies to body placement as well. The symetrical lower back tattoo that says look at my ass, is old try a new location.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps a little off topic, but the classiest small of the back tattoo I ever heard of was reported  to me by a friend who is a nurse.

A woman in labor rolled over to get a spinal epdiural and exposed her back tattoo which read "F**K ME HARDER!"  

Gotta love a woman who would get that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
lower back tats are definitely a fad, because they wear low cut jeans so other people can see it [attention whore] they want to show off and want attention

I see so many tattooed people these days I feel disgusted at the sight of a tattoo, especially the dis-figuring type or full arm / leg tats

senseless tribal or full arm tats make a person look like a complete idiot [they make you look stupid]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll take a stab here.  I'm a pretty "enlightened" guy, quite liberal with regards to some things sexual.  But for some reason, when I see a "tramp stamp" tattoo, I just immediately go into a Pavlovian response of thinking "Slut".  I don't know why.  Perhaps because the MAJORITY of the women who I get to know who have them are a bit . . . . . trashy.  Or perhaps I should say they are more sexually enlightened.  I was raised in a pretty straight-laced Catholic family on Marine Corps bases all over the world.  Perhaps that "insulation" or constantly being surrounded by discipline and honor and everyone following some pretty strict rules of appearance and behavior has turned me into what I am today.

I also think that it has to do with the PLACEMENT of the tattoo - why place a tattoo in a place that draws the eye to a "sexual" portion of the body (the ass).  It doesn't say "look at the small of my back" - it says, "Look at my wiggling ass".

On a side note, my wife, who was raised on the mean streets of Miami, has the exact same reaction as I do to the tattoos.

Thanks for your comments.  I don't know many people with them, and the one person that I do know, is a dear friend. Maybe that colors my opinion differently.  She recently got the back tattoo, and it didn't change who she was.  I guess I just see them as more of a style thing. <shrug>

I'll disregard your further comments directed towards me, but do have to say; "NO" I'm not looking to get a back tattoo, and I'm not a "group hug" type of a person..I was just up really late last night, and didn't have a chance to reply to all posts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you knew my friend, and saw the test scores of her students, you might think differently.  She connects with her students, and makes learning fun for them.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why do people even care what others think?
If you TRULY cared what people thought about you, you wouldn't feed the stereotype and ink yourselves up.  
I don't have any tats because I think it looks trashy, on men and women.
Would I let it affect my relationships with friends and coworkers?  Hell No.  
However, If I were single, I would be less apt to get involved with a woman with exposed tattoos.  

I'm not bashing anyone that has tattoos, but knowing there are perceptions associated with tats, don't bitch when others don't appreciate your form of expression.  

Do what makes YOU happy (and have them removed in 20-30 years)
B_S

Thats my point.

I don't have any, because they wouldn't be me.  But my friend is still my friend, and it bothers me to hear her labled as a "trashy whore" by people who don't even know her.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What does it matter who thinks what?  If you like it then it is good for you, and you are the one that needs to be happy with it.  The same guys calling them tramps are the very same ones that use "bang it like a retard on a drum set."  

Personally, I don't give a damn what anyone thinks of me.  I try to live my life in a way I feel the Lord would be pleased with, and the fact I have tats or sometimes shave my head doesn't make me either a biker or a skinhead.  If a tattoo labels someone as a tramp in the eyes of the other, it just saved them the time of getting to know such a shallow, judgmental person.  

It's pretty simple:  if it's not your thing, don't degrade those who's thing it is.  And if you get offended because of a label, you haven't the self-confidence you need.  

In my personal view, the woman makes the tattoo, not the other way around.  

I could show you some incredibly tasteful and well-done pictures of tats, but not in GD because of the BOTD thing.  But if you would have asked this in Team, I'd be more than happy to throw up some classy art on classy gals and guys alike.  

Thanks Richard.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Tats = Guilty of poor judgement.

The evidence:

1.  Thinking that a tat shows that you have good judgement.
2.  Willingness to pay money to have yourself defaced by a guy who is in it purely for the money.
3.  Thinking that a low opinion of tats is somehow old-fashioned.
4.  Encouraging others to deface themselves so that you won't feel alone in your poor judgement.
5.  Saying you don't care what other people think and then getting mad when others tell you that tats in general are a sign that screams:  "I do stoopid stuff to impress other stoopid people."

Other self-destructive behavior that its participants defend as a personal choice:

1.  Alcohol abuse.
2.  Illegal drug use.
3.  Speeding and wreckless driving.
4.  Pedaphilia -- NAMBLA defends their personal choices, too.
5.  Failure to complete high school.  
6.  Unprotected sex.
7.  Non-military tats.....oops, already said that.

More disgusting that tats is the amazing denial that tat wearers wallow in.  Tat defenders are the most intellectually and morally spineless people I have ever come across.  It is self-destructive and no person with a healthy self-image willingly defaces themselves.  Encouraging others to get tats is the worst form of low character.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#14]
One of the younger boys I work with says that there called "Tramp Stamps" cause its "like someone standing there with a stamp...... APPROVED.... APPROVED..... APPROVED.... APPROVED..... APPROVED....."  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The evidence:

2.  Willingness to pay money to have yourself defaced by a guy who is in it purely for the money.
4.  Encouraging others to deface themselves so that you won't feel alone in your poor judgement.
5.  Saying you don't care what other people think and then getting mad when others tell you that tats in general are a sign that screams:  "I do stoopid stuff to impress other stoopid people."

Other self-destructive behavior that its participants defend as a personal choice:

1.  Alcohol abuse.
2.  Illegal drug use.
6.  Unprotected sex.

More disgusting that tats is the amazing denial that tat wearers wallow in.  Tat defenders are the most intellectually and morally spineless people I have ever come across.  It is self-destructive and no person with a healthy self-image willingly defaces themselves.  Encouraging others to get tats is the worst form of low character.

You must be a lot fun at a party.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I thought this was tastefull....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#17]
OK...children...I am gonna say this again...please read it SLOWLY:

Tats are no more indigenous to sluts or criminals than guns are to crackheads and mobsters.

'Kay???

I have 2 in different spots. Neither one are for anybody's pleasure than my own and my husband's.

I don't give a rat's ass what you THINK are my reasons for having them...just like I don't give a rat's ass about WHY you do NOT have them.

I am not a slut, was raised Catholic and have been married to my hubby for almost 20 years. I'm raising 2 sons and help my brother with his business. I pay my taxes, drive a late model SUV, own my own home in a nice Boston suberb and have NEVER EVER lived in a trailer or turned tricks. I have a lucrative investment portfolio. I've attended college and served my country.
I've even baked cookies for the PTO on occasion.

Stop trying to make yourselves feel better about your crappy situations by pulling others down. Makes you look desperate.

Get by in this life on your OWN accomplishments...stop comparing what decisions you make to other's in order to make yourself look good.

Oh.
And have a nice ink-free day.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I like to color them in with magic marker when I fuckin' doggy style!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I like to color them in with magic marker when I fuckin' doggy style!

Well, aren't you the king of Multitasking!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

1.  Alcohol abuse.
2.  Illegal drug use.
6.  Unprotected sex.

The fewer wrecks, the better. In my own opinion of course.

I may drink and I may have ink, but at least I can spell. And I only look down on people for illegal acts or behavior that harms others. Even then, I don't rub it in their face unless I have to step in because duty calls or safety is at risk.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Tats are no more indigenous to sluts or criminals than guns are to crackheads and mobsters.

'Kay???

I have 2 in different spots. Neither one are for anybody's pleasure than my own and my husband's.

I don't give a rat's ass what you THINK are my reasons for having them...just like I don't give a rat's ass about WHY you do NOT have them.

I am not a slut, was raised Catholic and have been married to my hubby for almost 20 years. I'm raising 2 sons and help my brother with his business. I pay my taxes, drive a late model SUV, own my own home in a nice Boston suberb and have NEVER EVER lived in a trailer or turned tricks. I have a lucrative investment portfolio. I've attended college and served my country.
I've even baked cookies for the PTO on occasion.

Stop trying to make yourselves feel better about your crappy situations by pulling others down. Makes you look desperate.

Get by in this life on your OWN accomplishments...stop comparing what decisions you make to other's in order to make yourself look good.

Oh.
And have a nice ink-free day.

HERE HERE!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#22]
"She has a tattoo on her lower back, it might as well be a target. ..."  --Vince Vaughn, Wedding Crashers

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Tats don't make you a slut but it sure makes you look the part. Maybe that is what a lot of people want. You might not know the person by their appearance but you sure know what they appear to be. People are not stupid about how they dress or how their appearance makes them look.

A group of kids standing on the corner all one color, pants down to their knees and hats turned sideways aren't always gang members.. but you sure have the look.

Surely it is everyone's right to appear how they want. Go for it, it makes for an interesting world. Just don't be surprised when people judge you by your appearance.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

There is a reason they are called slut tats.

If it walks like a duck

quacks like a duck

it most likely is a duck.

I'm lost here?  Are you sayin Aimless is a Slut??
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Because I'm an admirer of the human form.  Sticking a tattoo on the body of a beautiful woman is like sticking a billboard for a used car dealership right in the middle of a panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains.

Plus it is a regression back to primitive tribal culture.  Stick a bone through your nose and save yourself a lot of trouble.  Oooga booga!  OOOGA BOOOGA!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tats don't make you a slut but it sure makes you look the part. Maybe that is what a lot of people want. You might not know the person by their appearance but you sure know what they appear to be. People are not stupid about how they dress or how their appearance makes them look.

A group of kids standing on the corner all one color, pants down to their knees and hats turned sideways aren't always gang members.. but you sure have the look.

Surely it is everyone's right to appear how they want. Go for it, it makes for an interesting world. Just don't be surprised when people judge you by your appearance.  

Guns don't make you a thug...but they sure do make you look like one.
Go ahead...exercise that 2nd ammendment...
Just don't be surprised when people wanna take them away................

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The evidence:

1.  Alcohol abuse.
2.  Illegal drug use.
6.  Unprotected sex.

Once again, he gets up from behind his new fangled computer, puts on his musty, mothball smelling cardigan, and muttering to himself, "darn kids...with their tattoos...darn kids...."
...he drudges into the kitchen for another nice glass of prune juice.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I think it should be mandatory any time you see a part of a women's tattoo on the small of her back, due to her wearing less than "full" clothing, she should be required to show you the rest.

I mean, it's art, right???

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
<snip>

I also think that it has to do with the PLACEMENT of the tattoo - why place a tattoo in a place that draws the eye to a "sexual" portion of the body (the ass).  It doesn't say "look at the small of my back" - it says, "Look at my wiggling ass".

On a side note, my wife, who was raised on the mean streets of Miami, has the exact same reaction as I do to the tattoos.

Personally, I see the wiggling ass first and then sometimes notice the tattoo.

ETA: I'm inked and don't give 2 $hits about what anyone thinks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:57:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The evidence:

1.  Alcohol abuse.
2.  Illegal drug use.
6.  Unprotected sex.

Once again, he gets up from behind his new fangled computer, puts on his musty, mothball smelling cardigan, and muttering to himself, "darn kids...with their tattoos...darn kids...."
...he drudges into the kitchen for another nice glass of prune juice.

That guy is fucking deluded.

Shit, like 3-4 years ago my dad got a tattoo of a wolf on a ledge, howling at the moon.  Why?  Cuz he likes wolves.

I guess he got it cuz he abuses alcohol, uses illegal drugs, engages in pedophilia, didnt graduate high school........

Same about my sister?  Even though she has a college degree in Nursing and is a R.N.?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top