Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 12:44:09 PM EDT
There is a thread in the feedback forum involving a supposed Vietnam bringback and it got me wondering.

Is there a requirement for marking guns that are bring backs?

What do you look for when purchasing one? Where is a good place to find one?

I am not much of a collector, but I think it would be neat to have something from Vietnam or Korea, or WWII. I know I could just get a CMP or a C&R/surplus gun, but it would be worth the premium to have something that had a verifiable story behind it.

I guess I am just jealous of the guy who's house I worked on back in Ohio, in one end of his living room was a glass case with a flag, medals, and a Japanese officer's sword that his Dad brought back.

Anyone collect/have these?

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:50:33 PM EDT
It won't have an import mark.

IIRC, most guns that come into this country after 1968 had to have the importer's marks on them.
I have a Luger that was imported in the 1920's and it has no importer marks, hence it is more valuable to a collector.

About bringbacks, the legal ones should have paperwork, but I bet more than 50% arrived w/o paperwork.

Signs to look for:
1) No serial number.
2) No Importer marks
3) Paperwork
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:53:02 PM EDT
Hey wait - I have a pre-b CZ-75 (Thanks again walther_gsp!!!) that has no import marks, and I'm certain it isn't a "bring back".
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:58:10 PM EDT
Back in the 80's I had a bring back SKS with no papers.

North Korean SKS

rj
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:08:48 PM EDT
Pics? Stories? You guys are such teases.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:12:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:
Pics? Stories? You guys are such teases.

Mine came with a holster and a mag pouch. It's fun to shoot. Legend has it, it's been shot in the hands of an Ohio State Pistol Team shooter. Legendary, I tell you. Legendary.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:56:47 PM EDT
Heres' a link to some "War Trophy" information.

War Trophy
Top Top