Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 12:44:09 PM EDT
There is a thread in the feedback forum involving a supposed Vietnam bringback and it got me wondering.  

Is there a requirement for marking guns that are bring backs?  

What do you look for when purchasing one?  Where is a good place to find one?  

I am not much of a collector, but I think it would be neat to have something from Vietnam or Korea, or WWII.  I know I could just get a CMP or a C&R/surplus gun, but it would be worth the premium to have something that had a verifiable story behind it.

I guess I am just jealous of the guy who's house I worked on back in Ohio, in one end of his living room was a glass case with a flag, medals, and a Japanese officer's sword that his Dad brought back.

Anyone collect/have these?  

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It won't have an import mark.

IIRC, most guns that come into this country after 1968 had to have the importer's marks on them.
I have a Luger that was imported in the 1920's and it has no importer marks, hence it is more valuable to a collector.

About bringbacks, the legal ones should have paperwork, but I bet more than 50% arrived w/o paperwork.

Signs to look for:
1) No serial number.
2) No Importer marks
3) Paperwork
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey wait - I have a pre-b CZ-75 (Thanks again walther_gsp!!!) that has no import marks, and I'm certain it isn't a "bring back".
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in the 80's I had a bring back SKS with no papers.

North Korean SKS

rj
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics?  Stories?  You guys are such teases.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Pics?  Stories?  You guys are such teases.

Mine came with a holster and a mag pouch. It's fun to shoot. Legend has it, it's been shot in the hands of an Ohio State Pistol Team shooter. Legendary, I tell you. Legendary.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Heres' a link to some "War Trophy" information.

War Trophy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top