Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:10:36 AM EDT
I know that we all want to see illegal immigration put to an end. But do you really, truly believe that we will ever see the government enforce immigration law at any kind of meaningful level?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know that we all want to see illegal immigration put to an end. But do you really, truly believe that we will ever see the government enforce immigration law at any kind of meaningful level?

IMO it will be extremely difficult to, so maybe not.  But who knows?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
no, because we like our fruits and veggies cheap, plus the housing market needs them too. when my house was built, the only white dudes where the union guys (plumbers, electric and etc.) unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
No cheap labor is cheap labor..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#4]
no
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
No.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#6]

if it didn't happen after 9/11, it'll never happen.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

if it didn't happen after 9/11, it'll never happen.

Exactly.

Even when it is an integral part of national security, there's not enough interest to get serious about it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]
When the quality of life in the US for the majority of poeple is third world the flow will stop. It won't be stopped by the corporate interests that own America ever.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Neither Party has the balls to do it!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#10]
An atomic detonation in the US will have the immigrants stopping themselves. We are fully on the warpath to getting nuked. The gooberment paralysis and chaos will be unmatched.  A quiet life in Guanajuato will be what Americans seek.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#11]
No, but that's fine by me. I love undocumented migrants.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#12]
not THIS government...

hopefully our next group of elected officials will step up to the plate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The Dems like the illegal voters, even though they are screwing over their blue collar base by driving wages lower.
IF the Democrats were smart, they would make closing the border Job #1.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#14]
nope.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#15]
someday far far in the future.
...no futher
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Short of an overriding interest like a state of war, no.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Surely you're not referring to the state of war we are in now, are you?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Surely you're not referring to the state of war we are in now, are you?

we are not in a state of declared war with the country in question, which is what I was speaking of.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Will the government ever get serious about stopping illegal immigration?

Probably not.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Not likely, thus the poll results...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#23]
When the illegals become the majority, they will demand that Congress take measures to curb the flood of immigrants from Europe.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope.
They won't do it now, when it is a national security issue.
Besides - our politicos are owned by buisness interests.
Buisness has always loved immigration - it provides them with plenty of cheap labor.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Not until it's too late.

+1
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#26]
No, not by the current gov't. And by that I mean the Dems and Republicans both.
In all honesty, I think it is going to take a revolt to put an end to it. Not looking good.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#27]
bush knows about 2012.. let em come in

wont matter after 2012..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#28]
By the time they figure out they need too, it will be too late, 9-11 didn't change things so nothing will. IMO there are devious forces plotting the destruction of this nation and Illegal Immigration is just one means to this end
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#29]
It really simple, but it's going to cost you. Ready here it is  -  STOP HIRING ILLEGALS!!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
not THIS government...

Why is this such an issue now when NO President has ever done anything about it?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
not THIS government...

Why is this such an issue now when NO President has ever done anything about it?

Because everyday the situation gets worse, and many of us expected more from Bush than we did from Klinton which is where this mess really started. But like I said, since Bush has been in office, the problems has gotten 5 times worse.

So if Bush had signed the extension of the assault weapons ban it would have been OK to you since Klinton before him backed it?

Bush sucks on immigration, that's all there is to it. I expect more from Republicans, when one is in the oval office I don't expect new assine weapons laws, I don't expect huge tax increases, I expect a tough on national security stance...and I really expect a tough on illegal immigration stance...boy was I wrong on that one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
No, not by the current gov't. And by that I mean the Dems and Republicans both.
In all honesty, I think it is going to take a revolt to put an end to it. Not looking good.

We have a winner .

You know those people who hire illegals under the table so they can make more $$$$ ?

More than half our elected officials are among them.

When people have to be millionares to have enough money to run for
office,all we're going to get is rich people who's only interest is making
themselves richer and immune to punishment for their misdeads.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
not THIS government...

Because everyday the situation gets worse, and many of us expected more from Bush than we did from Klinton which is where this mess really started. But like I said, since Bush has been in office, the problems has gotten 5 times worse. How is that?  Prove it.

So if Bush had signed the extension of the assault weapons ban it would have been OK to you since Klinton before him backed it?  Stupid remark of the day and completely inapplicable to this.

Bush sucks on immigration, that's all there is to it. I expect more from Republicans, when one is in the oval office I don't expect new assine weapons laws, I don't expect huge tax increases, I expect a tough on national security stance...and I really expect a tough on illegal immigration stance...boy was I wrong on that one. So, 3 out 4 ain't good enough.  Damn, some people just have it all their own way.

I ain't happy with the immigration problem but some of you seem to act like it never happened before Bush, like it wasn't a problem.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I voted "yes."

I guess I didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

No, Larry, it was a problem.  However, the dynamics of the situation have changed and it represents a bigger problem than ever before.  Also, people are angry that all the tough macho talk about securing the homeland has resulted in almost no noticable progress on sealing the border.

So let me get this straight.  We're accepting constitutional abortions like the PATRIOT Act but not securing the border.  We've got troops for Khandahar but none for Douglas.

We have however, plenty of excuses out of this administration and handshake photo shots of Vicente and Jorge.  So we have that going for us, which is nice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
not THIS government...

Because everyday the situation gets worse, and many of us expected more from Bush than we did from Klinton which is where this mess really started. But like I said, since Bush has been in office, the problems has gotten 5 times worse. How is that?  Prove it.How could it possibly not be 5 times worse? The shear number of illegals that come into this country everyday times 6 years worth = 5 times as much easily. Surely you can do math.

So if Bush had signed the extension of the assault weapons ban it would have been OK to you since Klinton before him backed it?  Stupid remark of the day and completely inapplicable to this.Totally applicable, Bush continues to do nothing on illegal immigration which is insanley wrong, but it's ok to you it's ok because no one else did either. Same thing as the AWB!

Bush sucks on immigration, that's all there is to it. I expect more from Republicans, when one is in the oval office I don't expect new assine weapons laws, I don't expect huge tax increases, I expect a tough on national security stance...and I really expect a tough on illegal immigration stance...boy was I wrong on that one. So, 3 out 4 ain't good enough.  Damn, some people just have it all their own way. 3 OUT OF 4 SUCKS ASS! Especially considering the severity of the "4th one".  If Bush signed only one of 4 anti gun bills you'd give him a w00t for that? Retarded logic!

I ain't happy with the immigration problem but some of you seem to act like it never happened before Bush, like it wasn't a problem.

No one is acting like it's all Bush's fault, he can at least try to clean up the mess rather than sit back and watch it get worse by the day. You logic is fucked.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
not THIS government...

Because everyday the situation gets worse, and many of us expected more from Bush than we did from Klinton which is where this mess really started. But like I said, since Bush has been in office, the problems has gotten 5 times worse. How is that?  Prove it.How could it possibly not be 5 times worse? The shear number of illegals that come into this country everyday times 6 years worth = 5 times as much easily. Surely you can do math.

So if Bush had signed the extension of the assault weapons ban it would have been OK to you since Klinton before him backed it?  Stupid remark of the day and completely inapplicable to this.Totally applicable, Bush continues to do nothing on illegal immigration which is insanley wrong, but it's ok to you it's ok because no one else did either. Same thing as the AWB!

Bush sucks on immigration, that's all there is to it. I expect more from Republicans, when one is in the oval office I don't expect new assine weapons laws, I don't expect huge tax increases, I expect a tough on national security stance...and I really expect a tough on illegal immigration stance...boy was I wrong on that one. So, 3 out 4 ain't good enough.  Damn, some people just have it all their own way. 3 OUT OF 4 SUCKS ASS! Especially considering the severity of the "4th one".  If Bush signed only one of 4 anti gun bills you'd give him a w00t for that? Retarded logic!

No one is acting like it's all Bush's fault, he can at least try to clean up the mess rather than sit back and watch it get worse by the day. You logic is fucked.

NO, it's your logic that is fucked.  You keep throwing in gun laws as if they are comparable.  He has signed no anti-gun laws and several pro-gun laws and made sure the AWB expired.  Your analogy is not even close.

The 4th one is nowhere near as important as the first 3, but you are one of those who has to have everything his way or it's just sooooo fucked up.

Like I said, I ain't happy about number 4, but I also realize that it's nothing new.  The other 3 are far more important.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I would glady except a tax increase if it meant that the illegal alien problem was solved. The illegal alien problem is equally as bad as any of the other 3 topics mentioned and even worse than some.

The AWB is a perfect example to use, you want to side step anything that proves you wrong.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Naw... that would not fit in the globalist agenda of the NWO!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope so.

Words won't replace actions, though...they've got to demonstrate every single day it's going completely stop.

HH
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#42]
No.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top