Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:09:41 AM EDT
... I usually make a large crockpot of corned beef and cabbage for that holiday every year, and it generally turns out pretty good... I also usually end up with a fair amount of leftover carrots, potatoes, and onions - so, a couple of years ago, I got an idea:

I take 3-4 lbs of boneless venison, and slow cook it in a pan with Italian salad dressing and seasonings - about 15 minutes on each side, way down low... Towards the end of cooking the meat, I'll start adding a little flour, and get things browning nicely... I'll cut the meat into little chunks, and put the whole thing in a crockpot - along with the leftover veggies from St. Patty's Day... I'll add some water, and a couple of packets of stew mix, and let it cook all day, adding a little flour and water along the way - and that evening, we've got a nice little crockpot full of venison stew... Next time, I think I'll add some water chestnuts or celery to the mix...

Anyways, I just thought I'd pass that along...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds damn tasty
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't had any complaints, nor any of it go to waste, yet... Best of all, it's easy to make and costs nothing - ALWAYS a plus...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds GREAT George!

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top