Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:18:40 AM EDT
1st, it was the creepy mutant with the plastic head and shit-eat grin crawling into someones bed or peeking in their window.

Then it was the Hootie cowboy commercials.

Now it's the "Big Bucking Chicken". Looks like it's a take-off from the Subserviant Chicken website.

I have no problem withe the "Big Bucking Chicken" name (I actually think it's kinda funny), but doesn't BK's corporate office think that they might get a bit of flak from viewers over the name choice and commercial?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess their grand scheme is to disturb all their potental customers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Just another acid-fuled advertising agency.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Dont forget about the Chicken fries commercial.
"Bob your head, shake your lean white meat"

I wasnt sure if that was hootie at first. Hell, when Hottie and the Blowfish first came out, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out he was black.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't believe how dirty that Hootie commercial was.  You just dont expect that in a fast food commercial.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#6]
More and more commercials are getting stranger and stranger all around.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Worst advertsising campaign ever.
And they keep going with it. I'd have fired those asshats a long time ago. Of course I'd never have been so lame as to sign on to that in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya know, when Jack in the Box got rid of Jack the first time around, they literally blew him up on television.

Hint hint, Burger Queer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
  AHHHHH!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#11]
GWB , hates kings,     bombing soon to follow.    I cook my own food.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
More Brooke Burke!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember when 7UP came out with the "Make 7UP Yours" campaign?  People found that offensive and it was killed after only 2 or 3 ads.  

Here's a write-up of another:

The young brand spokesman, who has appeared in 7UP's ongoing campaign, addresses the camera, "They say if you're going to sell something, get yourself a captive audience." Then the cell door closes in front of him -- he's in a prison.

He walks down the aisle, putting cans of the soft drink into eager hands sticking out of the cell doors. As he drops a can, he starts to bend over but then laughs and says, "Ooo, I'm not picking that up" -- a reference to male rape. (No matter that he's safely on the other side of the bars.)

He walks past a man in his cell, slipping the soda can into a sock and says to him, "Hiding from your roomie? That's not nice."

Then he's in the lunchroom with many of the prisoners, who begin a brawl. Then sitting down in a detention room, we see a man's knuckles tatooed with the letters "Evil Ways," then the camera pans to the left and the spokesman's knuckles show, in yellow lettering, "Lem'n Lime" (The word "lemon" is one letter too long.) The spokesman, with mock seriousness, says, "I'm just trying to fit in."

The commercial closes with him sitting on the edge of a bed in a cell next to a heavily tattooed prisoner with his arm around him. Cheerfully, he says, "When you bring the 7UP, everyone is your friend!" But he quickly adds to his mate, "That's enough being friends." Then to the departing camera man he says, "Hey, where are you going?"

The tagline: "Make 7UP yours" -- originally a sophomoricly joking reference to the insult "up yours," and in this context seemingly also a reference to being "owned" in prison by another man.

This ad was quickly targeted by the Stop Prisoner Rape (SPR) organization, and nearly 100 other human rights, HIV/AIDS, and sexual violence groups. The commercial was withdrawn almost as quickly by the company.

"This commercial was perpetuating the kind of callousness that allows sexual abuse to continue in so many prisons virtually unchecked," said executive director of SPR Lara Stemple.

SPR said in a press release that Philippa Dworkin, VP of corporate communications for Dr Pepper/Seven Up, told Stemple that the ad would be taken off the air in response to the protest.

"We're very glad to hear that 7UP has decided to stop sending out the message that it's okay to laugh about rape when it involves people in prison. No corporation would make jokes about rape outside of the prison context," Stemple stated.

"We really have listened to them. Their points are very valid and we are with them on human rights," Dworkin told Cybercast News Service, CNSNEWS.com.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Buzz or profits. I can't speak for profits, but this thread is buzz.

It cost the same amount(hypothetically) as the commercial before and after it, but we are discussing this one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
1st, it was the creepy mutant with the plastic head and shit-eat grin crawling into someones bed or peeking in their window.

Then it was the Hootie cowboy commercials.

Now it's the "Big Bucking Chicken". Looks like it's a take-off from the Subserviant Chicken website.

I have no problem withe the "Big Bucking Fucking Chicken" name (I actually think it's kinda funny), but doesn't BK's corporate office think that they might get a bit of flak from viewers over the name choice and commercial?

fixed
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Worst advertsising campaign ever.
And they keep going with it. I'd have fired those asshats a long time ago. Of course I'd never have been so lame as to sign on to that in the first place.

Wrong.

Even though they're weird, they're memorable, people talk about them (usually about how weird they are) and here we are posting in [yet another] thread about them ... The Hootie cowboy commercial hasn't been running for over six months now, yet we still remember it (even remember the stupid little jingle) ... What were the commercials McDonalds or Wendys was running six months ago?

Weird, but excellent advertising ... Money well spent for BK.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#17]
On my way to work there were little kids singing that jingle waitibg for the school bus.  But they weren't saying bucking.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#18]
the new BK GAY line is the fukin king in stripper's box...thats disturbing sh*t

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top