User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it were at his residence than it was more than likely just for him... so just chill out and let the man does as he please?

Exactly.

Also, when I goto a Chinese resturant, I am given a separate menu.  Its different then the normal ones that are handed out.  You have to ask for it.  It has all the old country dishes in it.  Its not in english.  Its in Chinese, Japanese and Korean. I read a little Korean so I can order what looks familiar.

Most of those cat stories about Chinese resturants, the meat was served as a delicacy.  The people buying them knew that the meat was Cat or Dog and paid a premium to get it.

Even with stray animals, the processing and the unstable supply of meat would make it economically unfeasible.  How are you going to maintain a steady supply of stray cat?  You cant.  Its easier to call, Sysco and have them bring you chicken that already processed for pennies a pound.

What's on this "secret" menu?  Is it worth learning Chinese?

Some of the more authentic Chinese places will have home cooked type meals.  Stuff you get in the old country.

Its definitely worth it, especially if you have been out of the country and have had the real stuff.

I dont think Americans understand that the Chinese, Mexican, Thai food that we get here is not what is served there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whats the big deal?  So maybe he likes to eat cats.  Probably in his culture it is not only acceptable but it is normal.  I see no problem with it.  You should go over there and see if you can learn something.  It would suck to starve to death while there are plenty of cats around.

I don't have a huge problem with it and have long said I would eat cat or dog if I was hungry.
But he is not in his culture anymore, he is in our Country and for what ever reason it is not acceptable here so he should not do it.

Oh so OUR country outlaws the cultures of other people who don't fit into YOUR catagory of what is acceptable?  So do we shoot the Blacks, Hispanics, and Yellows where we see them or what?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Not in a city of 50,000.

You'd be surprised what roams the urban landscape. Coyotes are seen in many medium-sized  cities, as are Cougars.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Video tape it and call the cops. Skinning a live cat is pretty sick, most wacko people that flip out and torture/murder people start out doing it to animals.

Most serial killers tortured animals early on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I highly doubt they would serve cat in a restaurant, it was most likely for his personal family meal

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I highly doubt they would serve cat in a restaurant, it was most likely for his personal family meal

I agree. We eat rabbits, squirrels, possums, coyotes, bear, turtles, and a lot of other animals and things.  Cats and dogs arent that much different.  Especially wild feral ones.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Since no one else said it .... I will .

Some people enjoy eating pussy

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
my parents slaughtered a cat once and used the meat to make a pot of  "cat soup"

they said they even ate rats & mice from the rice fields
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
my parents slaughtered a cat once and used the meat to make a pot of  "cat soup"

they said they even ate rats & mice from the rice fields

Did you try some?  And I bet it didnt taste like chicken.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I dont think Americans understand that the Chinese, Mexican, Thai food that we get here is not what is served there.

Oh, I get it, and I prefer it that way.  They can eat cat in the old country but I want my General Tso's god dammit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#11]
If it's not hurting anyone, I say let 'em eat what they want.

Except long pig, of course.  Did that guy in Germany ever get in trouble for par-boiling and devouring his friend who had consented to the act?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#12]
"Just because you dont like it or find some customs strange doesnt mean its any less valid then yours."

different country different ways, this isn't china. Most people in the u.s, despite a lot of arfcom people who tend to have little respect for animals, consider cats and dogs differently.
I'd also be suspect of where someone like that gets cats.
They're still living in another century in china, and they aren't exactly a civil race in matters or respect for life, humane or animal, they can leave that behind when they come here. This is america were we're suppossedly civilized, he can go buy his meat  at the grocery store or hunt deer just like other americans, he doesn't have freedom to do whatever to animals here just because they do it in his fu(ed up country.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
<insert BS flag here>

You actually CAN do that you know.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whats the big deal?  So maybe he likes to eat cats.  Probably in his culture it is not only acceptable but it is normal.  I see no problem with it.  You should go over there and see if you can learn something.  It would suck to starve to death while there are plenty of cats around.

I don't have a huge problem with it and have long said I would eat cat or dog if I was hungry.
But he is not in his culture anymore, he is in our Country and for what ever reason it is not acceptable here so he should not do it.

Well golly, we should stop the Irish from eating hagis and drinking as well.  Why the Indians should be barred from eating any curry. It stinks you know.   While we are at it, the damn Inuits like that raw seal and whale meat. Totally disgusting. Since we should dictate how these people should live and eat, we should also force them to be Christians only.  No other religions or beliefs should be allowed.

Dude thats a retarded statement.  America is called a melting pot for a reason.  Just because you dont like it or find some customs strange doesnt mean its any less valid then yours.

So if you offended someone, could he stone you to death?

Perfectly legal in certain cultures and quite the Kasbah show.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh so OUR country outlaws the cultures of other people who don't fit into YOUR catagory of what is acceptable?  So do we shoot the Blacks, Hispanics, and Yellows where we see them or what?  

That's twice that's been said in this thread now. You think it'd be alright to move to India and start eating cows? Part of American culture is not eating shit we consider pets. I don't think that's a lot to ask for all the other freedoms they receive being here. This "appease everybody elses culture while throwing our own out the window" attitude that is rampant in America has to stop.

Eating cats is a part of his culture, so is speaking fucking Mandarin. You think he should learn some English or would that be infringing on his culture? Maybe we should just adopt fucking communism, learn mandarin and all of us eat cats out of respect for this guys culture, huh? Or maybe he should adapt to American culture or go the fuck home and be oppressed if he's so hooked on eating peoples pets.

By the way, asking that people not eat animals that Americans consider pets is not the same as "shoot the Blacks, Hispanics, and Yellows where we see them "

Nice try, but nobody implied any such thing. Asking somebody not to feast on pets is not akin to genocide.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#16]
cat taste like rabbit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's twice that's been said in this thread now. You think it'd be alright to move to India and start eating cows? Part of American culture is not eating shit we consider pets. I don't think that's a lot to ask for all the other freedoms they receive being here. This "appease everybody elses culture while throwing our own out the window" attitude that is rampant in America has to stop.

Eating cats is a part of his culture, so is speaking fucking Mandarin. You think he should learn some English or would that be infringing on his culture? Maybe we should just adopt fucking communism, learn mandarin and all of us eat cats out of respect for this guys culture, huh? Or maybe he should adapt to American culture or go the fuck home and be oppressed if he's so hooked on eating peoples pets.

By the way, asking that people not eat animals that Americans consider pets is not the same as "shoot the Blacks, Hispanics, and Yellows where we see them "

Nice try, but nobody implied any such thing. Asking somebody not to feast on pets is not akin to genocide.

Some people (in the USA) keep pot belly pigs as pets.. SHould we stop eating pork? Some people keep other farm animals as pets, with no intention of eating them. Should we stop eating them?

By your logic, maybe we should ban italian food, mexican food, chinese food, German food, etc....These people have not been assimilated and kept their culture.. Guess we will be stuck eating a piece of meat with some buckshot stuck in it, and some acorns...You can kiss your hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries, rice, gravy, pork chops, etc  goodbye.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Assuming he didn't steal someone's pet cat, what is the problem?

So he eats different stuff than you do. Big deal.

It takes all kinds to make a world.

Jeffery Dammer probably felt the same way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#20]
You can get kogogi (dog meat bulgogi), here in Korea, but you have to go out of your way to find it...
It is expensive, and considered a delicacy... You WILL know what you are getting...

I could care less...what is the difference...meat is meat...

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:16:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So people who work at slaughter houses are all potential Jeffery Dahmers?
They kill animals and cut them up all day long, dont they?

You just don't see the killing and the cutting..all you see is a styrofoam tray with meat...

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#22]
HERE KITTY KITTY

Tastes like chicken
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:19:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Having been to China I will say, cat, dog, rat, mouse, whatever they can kill and eat is on the menu there.

Here we have an expectation.  Chicken means the bird with feathers, not the cat with fur or the doggie that barks and we rove soooo much.

I ate all kinds of stuff over there and I couldn't even tell you what the hell it was.  Don't worry about it.  Its just cat/dog/rat/etc.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<insert BS flag here>

LOL, I didn't feel like searching for one.  I DO still contend that if this lil feller was skinning a LIVE cat there would be more than "whining" going on and Chuck Norris would be skeered of him as he must be superhuman.  The ONE time I attempted to give our cat a bath I was in awe of his strength.  I was wearing welding gloves and it felt like I had a leaf spring from a 3/4 ton truck bent in half, that morphed into a gyroscope.....and the wail he let out was piercing!!! No fookin' way is ANYONE skinning a live cat.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#25]
This story is the cat's meow!

Don't worry, cats have nine lives

Ok someone stop me...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#26]
would seem to me that there isn't enough meat on a cat ot make a meal. dog however is different. of course this depends on the breed. i used to work with a guy from vietnam and kid him about when he was gonna cook me a nice dog dinner. he would laugh and say 'dog is good!, dog is good!' and he meant it. personally i woudna mind eating either. if you eat chicken you are eating one of the most nasty critters on earth, pork too.. i mean pigs eat shit.. so why worry about cat or dog..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
 He must have been skinning the fookin' thing alive if it was whining.....  

I thought that.
Oh, and
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<insert BS flag here>

LOL, I didn't feel like searching for one.  I DO still contend that if this lil feller was skinning a LIVE cat there would be more than "whining" going on and Chuck Norris would be skeered of him as he must be superhuman.  The ONE time I attempted to give our cat a bath I was in awe of his strength.  I was wearing welding gloves and it felt like I had a leaf spring from a 3/4 ton truck bent in half, that morphed into a gyroscope.....and the wail he let out was piercing!!! No fookin' way is ANYONE skinning a live cat.

I agree with that one.  I also tried to give a cat a bath when I was a kid.  Didnt work to well.  Most likely, the dude bopped it on the head to kill it and that was the whinning.  No cat would stay still long enough to just make a little noise as its being skinned alive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a matter of fact I would eat beef in India as many other people there do.
Maybe we should all just conform to your 'perception' of the world....???
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Video tape it and call the cops. Skinning a live cat is pretty sick, most wacko people that flip out and torture/murder people start out doing it to animals.

Most mass murderers had a large cache of weapons, does that mean we should start reporting each other?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I also tried to give a cat a bath when I was a kid.  Didnt work to well.

And still, you decided to pursue the profession?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I also tried to give a cat a bath when I was a kid.  Didnt work to well.

And still, you decided to pursue the profession?

I am stubborn that way.   I especially like to shave cats.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most mass murderers had a large cache of weapons, does that mean we should start reporting each other?

Also I don't think that most serial killers-to-be ate the animals that they tortured.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think that Chinese dude is fucking the cat before he kills it.. BIG difference..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#36]
= Chinese restaurant owners.  

Call the police.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Call the police, it is considered illegal to kill a household pet for no other reason that to kill it, IIRC. WAS THE CAT LIVE?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#38]
B.S.  Skinning a dead critter is work enough by itself yet alone a live cat.

BTW, if someone is skinning a cat, even a dead one, call Animal Control and let them resolve this issue once and for all.  They may refer the call to the Health Department.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Call the police, it is considered illegal to kill a household pet for no other reason that to kill it, IIRC. WAS THE CAT LIVE?

What if its a feral cat?  That would be a kin to killing and eating a possum. You have to proof it was anyones cat.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

not true, this guy was allowed to kill animals on his property on that muslim holiday and I guess if he's going to eat it then there's a reason, well I got to go check the cat trap
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Also, are you sure it was a cat?

A lot of animals when dead would look like a cat.  Not all bunnies are brown and grey. They can be calico and black and all sorts of colors.

The noise it made also indicates it may not have been a cat at all but some other critter.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Not in a city of 50,000.

-1.  I live deep in the suburbs of a 250,000 population city, and neighbors have spotted coyotes a quarter of a mile away from my house.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Watched and HBO undercover show once where they showed how they prep cats in China.

First, they take them out of the cage with wire tongs.  Then they bash their heads a couple of times to daze them.  Then they dip them in boiling oil.  This allows the skin to be ripped off more easily.  Then they rip the skin off.  After they rip the skin off, they put them into a container (bucket, wheel barrel, forgot which).  Most of the cats are still alive (but in shock, obviously) at this point.

Oh yeah, I seem to recall that during the Great Leap Forward, eating the neighbor's kids, and them eating yours, was also the Chinese custom.  

There are some customs, that if you  want to keep them so badly, maybe you should stay the fuck put and not immigrate.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#44]

in a thick chineese accent;

"no sir, i have not seen your juicy cat"

seriously though,  thats f'd up if they are still alive when hes doing that. at least have the heart to kill them before you skin them. i dont see how anyone can do such a thing to any animal. id call the police if they are alive during this. imagine the stray cat coming up to this guy just looking to be pet...  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
By the way, when we lived in the neighborhood I did notice people's pet cats disappearing.  The folks across the street could never find "Larry" and we lost a cat named "Paint."  Larry even had a collar, which probably got boiled in their hot and sour soup.

If you still lived in Idaho at the time, i'd bet 10-1 odds it was coyotes.

Not in a city of 50,000.

how bout a city of a couple million?   Like LA?
coyote attacks

trust me, any town/ city in idaho has coyotes passing through most of the town areas.
think of all the river/ canals that crisscross most of the urban areas- perfect "roads" for travel and hunting for the coyote.
think of all the food- pet food, small cats/ dogs, garbage, etc etc.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#46]
If you believe the story, you've never owned a cat, or attempted to give one a bath. Snowball would be out cold before I'd get within a city block of it with a knife.

I, and many others, love eating rabbit. People regard cute, cuddly rabbits as pets, and would be horrified at the idea. You're gonna tell me to stop eating thumper?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a matter of fact I would eat beef in India as many other people there do.
Maybe we should all just conform to your 'perception' of the world....???

I don't know if beef is eaten in MOST of India or not, I assumed it wasn't since it's a holy critter there.

Either way, I think you get my point. There are certain things that aren't acceptable in certain cultures and if you move to that country you don't do those things.

Arabs think it's alright to traffic in children and have sex with 12 year olds, maybe we shouldn't infringe on their culture as long as they only do it to their own kids huh? Maybe then we can let Africans rape some of the babies the arabs sold them to cure AIDS.

Then we can all go eat a fucking cat and drink some snake blood to celebrate our new cultural diversity.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
This is no shit.  A couple years ago my wife heard a whining cat at the next door neighbor's house, who happens to be Chinese and the owner of a couple local Chinese restaurants.  She looked over the fence and saw the man holding a plastic grocery bag with a cat's body inside.  I never believed her . . . until today.

Her uncle (who now owns our former house) heard a whining cat at the man's house today and looked over to see him skinning a cat.

What, if anything, should we do (besides no longer eating at his restaurants)?

Skinng a cat while alive?

Hmmmm..........I've tried bathing a cat, back in the day, and ended up with scratches, cuts, and bites on my hands.

..........I'd call BS on this, cats just dont' let themselves be mistreated, let alone skinned, without putting up a hell of a fight.

Unless the cat was drugged, or knocked semi-concious.

....plus, what others say, people eat different crap, all over the world.  Indians would have a hissy fit, at the sheer number of cows we eat!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if its a feral cat?  That would be a kin to killing and eating a possum. You have to proof it was anyones cat.

No such distinction in my states laws.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Heeeeere kitty kitty kitty..................Time for your marinade, I mean bath!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top