Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you should state what kind of SHTF situtation you are talking about. Flooding and ice storms are diffrent than black outs and riots. My ARs and FN FALs have muzzle caps on them now to keep water out of the barrels. As flooding is my concern. Also my FN FALs go longer without cleaning than my ARs but I shoot Wolf ammo alot so that could be why more carbin build up in the ARs. My SHTF rifle is the FN FAL with Ballistic tip ammo. My rifle isn't better than the ARs but it is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you are bugging out in a vehicle several AR's and even spare uppers would be a good idea.
Also scoped bolt guns in .223, .243, 6mm, .257 Roberts, .25-06, .270, .308 or 30-06 would be a good idea.

Shotguns and handguns also.

Uh, are you bugging out in an 18-wheeler?

I was not real clear, I meant along with an AR or two a scoped rifle (1) in one of those calibers would be a good idea.  Sorry
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
never switch bolts in your AR, you will instantly experience  poor reliability and will possibly ruin your gun.

your bolt is steel, your receiver is aluminium, it has a specific wear pattern and changing the bolt changes that wear pattern and thus fubars your weapon.

no it will not "blow up" like some stories, but it will have more jams and FTF's, etc
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
never switch bolts in your AR, you will instantly experience  poor reliability and will possibly ruin your gun.

your bolt is steel, your receiver is aluminium, it has a specific wear pattern and changing the bolt changes that wear pattern and thus fubars your weapon.

no it will not "blow up" like some stories, but it will have more jams and FTF's, etc

Not saying you're lying but this is the very first I've heard of that...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

it will not hurt anything until you get to a certain round count. up to about 3k would be safe to change because of headspacing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The bolt doesn't really touch the receiver.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top