Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:10:51 PM EDT
Single, double, or triple?

I'm a pretty outgoing person, but there are some times I'd want to be by myself.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
single for sure

you can always visit people in other rooms or have them visit you, but with a single you'll be able to have real privacy and not have some jackass roommate come home at 3am and wake you up on the night where you have a test at 8am the next day
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Its been 25 years for me since college, but my recollection was that except for RAs and seniors, singles were as scarce as hens teeth. The downside to a single room was that it was about as wide as the bed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]

A good friend of mine in college had a double by himself.  He did this by driving his original room-mate insane.

I also had a double to myself

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A good friend of mine in college had a double by himself.  He did this by driving his original room-mate insane.

Are were you your own best friend?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
single.  even if you room with your BEST FRIEND you will get on eachothers nerves
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, just his sex partner
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Double....most of my college roommates are still friends of mine 20+ years later...lots of nice memories
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I got a double to myself because I moved into the dorms halfway into the semester, and they didn't have any singles left, and somehow I managed to convince them to give me a double all to myself - after asking them what else they were planning to do with it, since it was empty anyway.

Thank God - otherwise they might have put me in with him.  He's a great guy, but I would have either killed myself of him if I had to spend a week living with him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
For the first two years of college at University of Nebraska, my older sister had a double.  Then she got a single.

As someone who wishes to go off to a four-year in a year or two, I quite frankly wouldn't mind a roomie, but then again I'd like a single.  Currently at home I share a room with my dad.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top