Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:10:51 PM EDT
Single, double, or triple?

I'm a pretty outgoing person, but there are some times I'd want to be by myself.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:13:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 3:15:11 PM EDT by sharky30]
single for sure

you can always visit people in other rooms or have them visit you, but with a single you'll be able to have real privacy and not have some jackass roommate come home at 3am and wake you up on the night where you have a test at 8am the next day
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:14:31 PM EDT
Its been 25 years for me since college, but my recollection was that except for RAs and seniors, singles were as scarce as hens teeth. The downside to a single room was that it was about as wide as the bed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:17:41 PM EDT

A good friend of mine in college had a double by himself. He did this by driving his original room-mate insane.

I also had a double to myself

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:19:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 3:19:35 PM EDT by MagKnightX]

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
A good friend of mine in college had a double by himself. He did this by driving his original room-mate insane.

Are were you your own best friend?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:20:12 PM EDT
single. even if you room with your BEST FRIEND you will get on eachothers nerves
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:20:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:

no, just his sex partner
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:21:06 PM EDT
Double....most of my college roommates are still friends of mine 20+ years later...lots of nice memories
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:

No, I got a double to myself because I moved into the dorms halfway into the semester, and they didn't have any singles left, and somehow I managed to convince them to give me a double all to myself - after asking them what else they were planning to do with it, since it was empty anyway.

Thank God - otherwise they might have put me in with him. He's a great guy, but I would have either killed myself of him if I had to spend a week living with him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:27:13 PM EDT
For the first two years of college at University of Nebraska, my older sister had a double. Then she got a single.

As someone who wishes to go off to a four-year in a year or two, I quite frankly wouldn't mind a roomie, but then again I'd like a single. Currently at home I share a room with my dad.
Top Top