Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:59:36 PM EDT
She told me the murder weapon is a glock pistol marked with " for goverment use only" marked on it. She doesnt know any thing what so ever about firearms so i couldnt get any more details. Any clue on that pistol ? The defendent is  2 X felon whose older brother is in jail for murder . Its a family tradition i guess.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen post-ban LEO only mags that are marked like that, but not a pistol.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thats what i thought.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what i thought.

Probably the prosecuter trying to show the jury how evil the guy is by impressing on them that he used a weapon that is for police only.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Umm.  At least in WA, jurors are not supposed to discuss trials with anyone until AFTER the trial is OVER.

If she's talking about it with you while it's going on, that may be grounds for a mistrial, or at least for her being removed from the jury.

If you don't want to see the bad guy getting off on a technicality, you should probably inform the courts NOW so they can remove her and seat an alternate.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Umm.  At least in WA, jurors are not supposed to discuss trials with anyone until AFTER the trial is OVER.

If she's talking about it with you while it's going on, that may be grounds for a mistrial, or at least for her being removed from the jury.

If you don't want to see the bad guy getting off on a technicality, you should probably inform the courts NOW so they can remove her and seat an alternate.

Well im not going to tell are you ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How do you know he's a bad guy?  Is everyone in a courtroom guilty until proven innocent?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ooo I'm going to tell I would too just cause I'm a bastard
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
They probably passed the Glock down the jurybox with a postban mag in it and that has the marking on it but since it was attached she's assuming its the gun
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you tell her those words mean nothing?  I hope she does not vote guilty because of that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
He is a 2x convicted felon who admitted to the crime. The victim was shot 18 times from what she told me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He is a 2x convicted felon who admitted to the crime. The victim was shot 18 times from what she told me.

However, this does not excuse her from violating the oath she took as a juror.  I would stay away from her entirely until that case is dispensed with.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

However, this does not excuse her from violating the oath she took as a juror.  I would stay away from her entirely until that case is dispensed with.

yea no shit, I'm not saying sh'es as bad as him, but she did a bad no no
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
And you sure as hell don't need to be giving her advice or commenting on evidence you haven't seen.  I don't know if it would be considered jury tampering on your part, but if her getting thrown off and bringing you up in conservations might make it uncomfortable if  (IF, a conditional, not a guarantee) the
DA decides you and she caused a murderer to get off.

Probably won't happen but you can sure be involved in pissing off people you probably don't need to annoy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
only glock ive seen with that was a glock 18 machine pistol and I realy doubt it was that.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems YOU just told thousands of us. Not to mention the alphabet types who look here. Lets see, your in MI, the perp has a relative in jail. Id say any half assed gov type who trolls here may already be on it. They would be obligated to pass it on Id guess.  Dude it was a BAD move to post ANYTHING related to it here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Dude it was a BAD move to post ANYTHING related to it here.

More like it was a bad idea for the stupid bitch to open her mouth...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
She told me the murder weapon is a glock pistol marked with " for goverment use only" marked on it. She doesnt know any thing what so ever about firearms so i couldnt get any more details. Any clue on that pistol ? The defendent is  2 X felon whose older brother is in jail for murder . Its a family tradition i guess.

She shouldnt be asking you or telling you about ANYTHING that goes on in that trial if she is sworn.. ( unless the judge allows it) She, and you should know better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I've seen folks in just this stuation end up in the witness chair testifying as to what their neighbor told them.    The consequences of your little chat can be pretty unpleasant.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I have never understood what makes people post things on this forum that they shouldn't even be telling anyone else.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#20]
a glock marked for police use was most likely a police tradein.  

cdnn has used glocks for $379 that was formally property of "henrico sheriffs office" (page 35)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have never understood what makes people post things on this forum that they shouldn't even be telling anyone else.

Never say anything on the internet that you wouldn't want to scream out of your window.

ETA: IBTL
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:51:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top