Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:31:53 PM EDT
So the fiance and I are taking a drive across Ft. Lauderdale an hour ago, having a conversation, she thinks she might be pregnant, but I don't think she is, we always use contraceptives and that whole 9 yards.

My ham radio is active, and good friends of mine were on the air.

Well, from the time that we entered the truck and started driving, we had an interesting conversation about the different thicknesses of blood, the cramps she is having etc.

But I keep hearing "RYANN!!!!!" and couldn't figure out what the hell it was because the volume was turned down on my radio, but just loud enough that I thought I was crazy.

I looked down and turned the volume up and they were trying to get ahold of me.

Turns out that my fiance had been sitting on the PTT button for my mic, and it also turns out that the gain on my microphone is ridiculously amazing.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
oops

how old are y'all again?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
oops

how old are y'all again?

Youngins
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
damn dude, damn
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard similar things @ work...  Fire Dept.  Someone accidently keys up a mic and starts talkin to their buddy.

My Capt had a good story.  When he was a prob. his engine company was standing by for something.  The conversation was...  man!  check that out.  Wouldn't I like to F*(% her...  Well, a while later their batt chief comes up running code.  

What in the hell is he doing?  The chief runs up to the engine and yells at them to check their radios.  Apparently their conversation had been broadcast across the county for quite a while.

About once a month you get to listen on someones conversation...  

I think your story is better though
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
thats great...

you can hear some good storys on the ole CB as well
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thats great...

you can hear some good storys on the ole CB as well

Those are usually a little more intentional tho don't you think?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I know of a Sheriff Deputy who stopped by his ex's house. He sat on the mic button for his WT. This open mic lasted for about 10 minutes

Amazing what words come out of some womens mouths and the things you find out about other people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top