User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:43:57 PM EDT
on Fox click

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Good thing Kookafornia banned the .50 cal.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
guess the Moon over My Hammy was bad that day....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

50 cal..??>>....>???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Guess the Grand Slam b-fast must have really sucked.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
so much for gun control keeping us safe.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank goodness for their totally retarded gun laws there.  Otherwise there would have been literally hundreds dead.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Typical nonsequitur ARFCOM response.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#8]
If there were more CCWs in CA there might have only been one dead.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, YOUR elected reps decided it was for your safety.  It works too; since they banned the .50cal, not one has been used in a crime, has it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just the opposite.   Ever heard of SARCASM?

Those fools spent the effort to ban the .50 cal, and what good did it do?   Nobody was getting killed by them.  Worthless, feel good measure.   Did absolutely no good to stop this shooting, did it?  (or any shooting, as a matter of fact)

If you'd like a more straight forward comment, here - BOHICA.    Look for even more silly assed bans in Kalifornistan thanks to this shooting
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Denny's always has slow service, LOL.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]

No details on Fox.

Perhaps it was just Mexicans shooting people that Americans don't want to shoot?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#13]
"One of the dead may have been the gunman, Pismo Beach police Cmdr. Jeff Norton said."
AAAAhhhhhhhhhhh, WTF? So there ain't no witness'?
Does anyone have a more informative link?
I used to live right there at the Pismo dunes, so I'm very interested.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
It is BUSH's fault for letting the AWB expire!!

It is BUSH's fault for not requiring gun registration!

It is BUSH's fault for not having "smart" guns!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#15]
What do you want to bet it was a CA legal and it will be called an AK-47?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those fools spent the effort to ban the .50 cal, and what good did it do?   Nobody was getting killed by them.  Worthless, feel good measure.   Did absolutely no good to stop this shooting, did it?  (or any shooting, as a matter of fact)

If you'd like a more straight forward comment, here - BOHICA.    Look for even more silly assed bans in Kalifornistan thanks to this shooting

You don't think they will ban Denny's do you? I mean Denny's didn't kill those people, the gun did       I mean the bullets did     Denny's food did
Oh crap who knows what they will pick to ban for this madness
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Hey, YOUR elected reps decided it was for your safety.  It works too; since they banned the .50cal, not one has been used in a crime, has it?

Hey, I try to put Republicans in office, but there are too many fucking commies out here.  As to the .50 cal, there was one shooting at a police officer incident that I know of.  The suspect missed him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"One of the dead may have been the gunman, Pismo Beach police Cmdr. Jeff Norton said."
AAAAhhhhhhhhhhh, WTF? So there ain't no witness'?
Does anyone have a more informative link?
I used to live right there at the Pismo dunes, so I'm very interested.

Here are a pile o'links from Topix.net, one of my favorite sites.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I try to put Republicans in office, but there are too many fucking commies out here.  As to the .50 cal, there was one shooting at a police officer incident that I know of.  The suspect missed him.

Long Beach?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If there were more CCWs in CA there might have only been one dead.

The anti-gunners argument against that was "we don't want any more guns on the street," and "we don't want to be like the old wild west."
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Long Beach?

I can't remember right now.

There was a flier on the incident on our info board about a year ago.  I think it may have been either Riverside or San Bernardino SO.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Kali can't be having no ccw!

You trolls and fools want us to be having wild west-style shootouts in blood flowing in the streets do ya?

Wait, it already happens!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Kinda low on the totem pole at this site. Still little/no details yet...

www.cbs2.com/homepage
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad to hear all their restrictive gun control laws are working so well
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Glad to hear all their restrictive gun control laws are working so well

CLEARLY this demonstrates the need for even more gun control...

...and so it goes...

(that was heavy sarcasm BTW)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#26]
when dennys is banned only outlaws will eat at dennys.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Honey Bunny?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
so much for gun control keeping us safe.....

The antis will agree. They will use this as a reason to outright ban them. In their minds, as long as there are guns available, the laws they pass are useless.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

around here it's called...."sARFcasm"  

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This is just the sort of thing that prompted some folks in Texas to finally pass a shall-issue CCW law.

Google "Luby's Massacre"

Yeah, but that's Texas... This is California.

I hope you're right though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#32]
That's why I carry, everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#33]

ETA: nevermind, hedonist beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#34]
PISMO BEACH, California (AP) -- A gunman opened fire inside a crowded Denny's restaurant during lunch hour Wednesday, killing two people and wounding two before taking his own life, police said.

"There could have been 30 or 40 people inside. As the shootings occurred, people were fleeing the restaurant, hiding in bathrooms," Cmdr. Jeff Norton said.

Police Chief Joe Cortez said authorities have not found any connection between the gunman and the victims, and it does not appear he had a grudge against Denny's or its employees.

He said the man began shooting within a few steps of the restaurant's front door.

"The witnesses described him as coming in with a dazed look on his face, then they said he started shooting," Cortez said.

The names of the gunman and the victims were not immediately released. Nor was the condition of the wounded.

Pismo Beach is in San Luis Obispo County, a 3 1/2-hour drive northwest of Los Angeles.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is just the sort of thing that prompted some folks in Texas to finally pass a shall-issue CCW law.

Google "Luby's Massacre"

Yeah, but that's Texas... This is California.

I hope you're right though.

Right after hell freezes over.  Instead, how about a call for more gun control.  And how did all those  20k laws help these people.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Even better:  CA remains a "may issue" (but probably won't) state, so the odds are very high that nobody in the Denny's but the bad guy had a gun.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#38]
3 P.M. SHOOTING UPDATE:

Dazed gunman apparently firing at random kills two, then himself at Pismo Beach Denny's restaurant

Neither shooter, nor dead or the two injured were employees; it's unclear what motivated the attack

By Stephen Curran and Leslie ParrillaThe Tribune
[email protected], [email protected]

Three people are dead and two are wounded after a man entered the Pismo beach Denny’s restaurant shortly after noon today.

Police and witnesses say the man, whose name and age were not available as of 1 p.m., entered the restaurant and shot four people before shooting and killing himself.

None of the dead or injured were employees, according to police.

It was unclear what might have motivated the shootings, Pismo Beach police Chief Joe Cortez said.

He said the gunman appeared dazed and reportedly was muttering to himself, but would not elaborate.

Cortez said witnesses told police they did not recognize the gunman, and police added that there did not appear to be any grudge against employees or the restaurant.

An 11-year employee of Denny’s, who declined to give her name, told The Tribune she was just seating one of the victims when the gunman walked in.

“I just turned around and he was firing,” she said. “He fired to the right, then he fired and hit the guy directly in front of me.”

At that point, she said, “I ran. We ran out the back of the restaurant.
“It’s not supposed to happen here,” she added.

As of 1 p.m., the three deceased men remained inside the restaurant off Five Cities Drive and Fourth Street.

Of the three who died, all men, two were believed to be in their 50s or 60s.

The third was described as a man in his 40s. No other information was released about their identities.

The gunman was not a restaurant employee, police said.

One of the wounded was taken by ambulance to Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, and the other drove himself to the same hospital.

Cindy Tabelin of Stockton said she and her mother were on their way to have lunch with her cousin when the shooting occurred.

The shooting, however, occurred before she and her mother made it inside to meet 68-year-old Frank Vasquez, whom she said was eating lunch with his wife Lavina and young granddaughter.

Vasquez died in the shooting, Tabelin said.

She quietly sat on a curb in the restaurant parking lot after the shooting.

“I’m waiting for them to let us have our cousin,” she said.

Tabelin said that her cousin’s granddaughter was physically unharmed, but “she just watched her grandfather get killed.”

Before discovering the gunman was dead, police had the building surrounded and blocked off nearby streets.

According to radio dispatches, a man and woman, both 58, were shot in the buttocks.
Both were stable and not complaining of abdominal pain, medics told dispatchers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#39]
... For the first time in years, I had breakfast at a Denny's last Saturday.

... Weirdly enough and out of the blue, as I sat there, I had somewhat a premonition of an idiot going ballistic in a Denny's with a gun.

... Didn't think much of it then - just patted my strong-side to make sure she was there, and finished my Grand Slam.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuckin hate denny's
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Guess the Grand Slam b-fast must have really sucked.

To bad it doesn't have a layer of kevlar. That is so think it is bullet proof.

This is a reason for all of us to be packing.

Someone drops a fork everyone draws there m16s uzis macs what have you. It would be so great.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#42]
The retarded libs out there will be screaming even louder to ban all firearms, ammo and all other paraphenalia because of this.  In their minds its all the gun's fault.

What they will NEVER understand is that if just ONE patron had been packing, the incident might have ended quickly with far fewer casualties, at least among the good guys.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh...lighten UP already Francis!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#44]
California sucks.

The people are the problem not the guns.

Max
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#45]
This will result in a total handgun ban in CA next year (even if no handgun used)

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#46]
From our "friends" at the L.A. Times:
latimes.com

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pismo16mar16,0,4146020.story?coll=la-home-headlines

From the Los Angeles Times
3 Dead in Pismo Beach Restaurant Shooting
From Times staff and wire service reports

4:51 PM PST, March 15, 2006

Two men were shot to death and a man and woman were injured today when a gunman burst into a crowded Pismo Beach Denny's restaurant about noon and fired at customers before turning a gun on himself.

When police responded within a minute to a 911 call of a shooting at the restaurant just off the 101 Freeway on Five Cities Drive, they found customers fleeing from the scene, said Commander Jeff Norton of the Pismo Beach Police Department. "It was pretty chaotic," he said.

Assuming the shooter was still inside, officers surrounded the building, then stormed it.

They found three men inside with fatal bullet wounds, and two other victims injured, Norton said. They later determined that one of the dead was the shooter, killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

The shooter was identified only as a white male. Norton said he came in brandishing a handgun in each hand, shooting both at once.

Police said they knew of no connection between him and the restaurant or to the victims.

None of the victims has been identified by authorities, but the San Luis Obispo Tribune reported that family members had made public the name of one of those killed: Frank Vasquez, 68, a husband and grandfather.

Norton said that he did not know how many rounds were fired, but said that events unfolded swiftly.

"I'm sure it was over in a matter of seconds," he said.

He said at least one of the wounded victims was conscious and talking when taken to a hospital. Police had no further information.

Pismo Beach is a cliff-side beach town of 8,600 people, north of Santa Barbara and south of San Luis Obispo. It is a close-knit, quiet community with virtually no crime, said Mayor Mary Ann Reiss.

"This is very shocking," she said. "We just do not have incidents of this nature — ever, ever The city manager called me at about 12:45 p.m., and I couldn't even believe it."

Cody Ferraro, 19, of Arroyo Grande, was driving by the restaurant as the shooting occurred. He said he could hear the shots from his car — "quite a few of them" — and pulled over to see people pouring out of the restaurant.

"They were saying, 'Oh my God, oh my God,'." he said.

Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times

partners: KTLA   Hoy
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#47]
For the brain dead out of staters that love to have a tragedy (or any other reason) to dribble about CA.  It was a pistol and a revolver.  Nobody yet in the media that I've seen has had as irresponsible a report as the ones posted here.

According to Packing.Org there are 421 ccw permits in the county.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
For the brain dead out of staters that love to have a tragedy (or any other reason) to dribble about CA.  It was a pistol and a revolver.  Nobody yet in the media that I've seen has had as irresponsible a report as the ones posted here.

According to Packing.Org there are 421 ccw permits in the county.

Hey, that's cool. In my county in FL there are over 6500 and the neighboring county has over 16000. CA has screwy firearms laws, deal with it.
I do agree that its sad that a tragedy like this brings out comments about CA laws but we are tired of constantly hearing about the "need" for new laws to prevent a tragedy like this from taking place again. Especially when the previous laws did nothing but make the problem worse. Oh yeah, and the key word in your comment about the media is "yet". We know it's coming, might as well preempt it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#49]

“It’s not supposed to happen here,” she added.

Where is it supposed to happen then?  Did the guy forget to sit in the "Random Death Only" section or something?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#50]
A person, with two handguns, without a license for said handguns, carrying the handguns "concealed"(?) in California - what is that, at least two laws broken?

A person, with two hanguns, intent on doing grevious bodily harm, or manslaughter, or murder - actually killing 2, wounding 2 - what is that? at least two counts of murder, two counts of attempted murder, four more laws broken?

Not to mention HOW said person obtained the two handguns - stolen? bought as stolen? obtained under false pretenses??

GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK!!

When Guns are outlawed - only OUTLAWS will have GUNS!

I'm sorry for the families, but there may have been NO vicitims if concealed carry were permitted in Kalifornia!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top