Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:00:58 PM EDT
When I was there a few weeks ago, some thug raped a girl in the dressing room of the store she worked at.  Every day there seemed to be a story.  Here's another story that's really sick.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060312/ap_on_re_us/student_strangled

We need better armed women.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
New York has been one of the safest cities for a decade
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=445141
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats why my wife packs.

Although we don't live in NY. She chooses not to be Sheep.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#3]
"Kelly said witnesses also reported seeing Littlejohn and St. Guillen leaving the bar together and records put his cell phone near where her body was found."

Ok so now you're allways tracked instead of with a warrant. Nice to know.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"Kelly said witnesses also reported seeing Littlejohn and St. Guillen leaving the bar together and records put his cell phone near where her body was found."

More than likely he used his phone around the time of the attack. The CDR would show what tower was being utilized. You can put the tinfoil away.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
No, phones can be used to track whether they are on or off. I'm serious, look it up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No, phones can be used to track whether they are on or off. I'm serious, look it up.

Isn't that "used or not" NOT "on or off"?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

More than likely he used his phone around the time of the attack. The CDR would show what tower was being utilized. You can put the tinfoil away.

Right. So there are logs that track what tower you are on. Unless the phone company knew when the attack was going to happen and then turned on the tracking.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right. So there are logs that track what tower you are on. Unless the phone company knew when the attack was going to happen and then turned on the tracking.

There are not logs saying what tower you are on. When you place a cell phone call a CDR (Call Duration Record) is generated. This is how they know you made a call and are able to bill you. Part of the record is the tranmission point i.e. the tower you are utilizing. This also aids engineering when they are having network probles. i.e. when you call and say that your phone isn't working at x location. they can pull these records to help troubleshoot the issue. If the phone company was logging you every moment that your phone was on it would take terabytes of storage and most would be considered worthless data.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top