Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:04:23 AM EDT
OK, Besides working on snipers, some of you know I like military vehicles. I used to own a M20 armored car, and a M5a1 Stuart. My daughters health forced the sale of most everything I owned. I just picked up 2 junk halftrtacks. These will be a LONG term project.

I started up a webpage about my Junk, hince the name for it....

Junk-Halftracks

address is

Junk Halftracks

Check it out and let me know what you think....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#1]
So far so good.  Is it costing you more to have them shipped than to buy them?

You gonna pimp them out, or restore them to "showroom/battlefield" condition?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude!  That is some serious junk!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So far so good.  Is it costing you more to have them shipped than to buy them?

You gonna pimp them out, or restore them to "showroom/battlefield" condition?

I have buddy who owns a semi and low boy, so just the cost of fuel is all it will cost to get them home.  I'm going to restore them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Got any junk in the trunk?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for progress....

Nice site!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell me about the previous owner, what did he do with the vehicles? How did he come to have them in his posession? What was their prior history?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tell me about the previous owner, what did he do with the vehicles? How did he come to have them in his posession? What was their prior history?

The farmer purchased from a depot after the war, and used 3 of them on his farm. He has 3 sons and gave one of them to each son.

The one that has the winch on the back was used the following way. He would stradle his ditch, leave a home made plow at the end. he would drive the halftrack foward and lay out the cable. When all the cable on the back winch was played out, he would lock down the halftrack. start the engine on the back and reel the plow to him.

The second one, was just used for general farm work.

The 3rd one is a M9 international Harvester, it has a boom on the front. I can't get him to sell it to me, and have no photos of it.

I'm trying to figure out where they were used. Wish me luck on that...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
My money's on the Diamond T 'cause it has more stuff attached to it.

Good luck with your project; WWII vehicles are very cool.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#9]
You are probably correct. I'd really LIKE to do the Autocar first as the Serial number and Ordanance number is the same. Kinda unusal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]
good luck, be sure to keep us updated!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top