Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:55:39 AM EDT
A guy I worked with in NO left some equipment behind. He asked me to take it and send it to him. I have called him three times to get his address and left messages. No return calls. Do I just forget about it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you've made several good faith attempts to get the information necessary to return his stuff, I'd say you've done what you need to do.  If he wants is back, he'll get hold of you somehow.  I wouldn't worry about it any longer.  I wouldn't get rid of it, but I wouldn't make any more attempts to get it back to him.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What stuff?  

3 is a good number. He wants it he will call back.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If you die, we split up your gear.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd give him one last call and tell him it's his last chance and that you'll be disposing of it in X days if you don't hear from him.

If he doesn't call you back within that time, do what you want with it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on local laws but most places you have to post a public notice(usally newspaper ad) for a couple weeks in the classifieds. After the notice time period and you have no contact from anybody knwing the whereabouts you can do whatevery you want with the property.

Legally you need to take steps to protect yourself. Document phone call attemps, certified letters, public notice, any other steps you take to demostrate a 'good faith effort' to establish contact.

Good luck, be carefull
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top