Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 2:53:43 PM EDT
I don't claim to have the perfect solution to the "illegal alien" problem, and as a non-politician, I can pretty much say anything I feel like saying and it will remain a meaningless internet post. As far as "immigration" is concerned, however, I have to question the mindset of our elected "leaders".

Take, for instance, the article about Sen. Clinton, and her comments. Yeah, yeah.... she is but one of many, but I'm just using her for now. Why is she calling the "illegal aliens" IMMIGRANTS??

Seriously, an immigrant is a person that comes to this country legally, right? So, if somebody is in this country illegally, then how could they be considered an immigrant? Wouldn't they be considered an "illegal" person? A tresspasser? An invader? What exactly would that person be called?

If a different group of people were to our south, such as the Cave Bear Clan, and they were coming into our country illegally, wouldn't our government want to do something about them?

NewsMax.com

Hillary Clinton's Immigration Flip-flop

2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton complained Wednesday that some Republicans want to impose a "police state" to deal with illegal immigration, arguing instead that illegals should be allowed to earn their U.S. citizenship.

But just three short years ago, Mrs. Clinton took a different tack, boasting that she was "adamantly against" foreigners who enter the country illegally and saying that the U.S. should consider imposing a national ID card system.

"I am, you know, adamantly against illegal immigrants," Clinton said in a Feb. 2003 radio interview.

Clinton said the U.S. "might have to move toward an ID system even for citizens" in order to combat illegal border crossings, or implement "at least a visa ID, some kind of an entry and exit ID."

As of Wednesday, however, the former first lady's immigration policy had clearly evolved.

A position paper issued by her Senate office urged that citizenship be made available for illegals and argued that get-tough immigration policies were impractical.

Saying she opposes "one-sided solutions that simply sound tough," Mrs. Clinton urged the U.S. to create "a path to earned citizenship for those who are here, working hard, paying taxes [and] respecting the law."

In an apparent bid to have it both ways, the top Democrat explained: "I neither support illegal immigration nor the enactment of fruitless schemes that would penalize churches and hospitals for helping the truly needy . . . We should not unduly punish the overwhelming majority of immigrants who work hard, raise families, pay their taxes, and contribute to their communities."

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
can't you look on the 1st page for the same topic?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted: can't you look on the 1st page for the same topic?
Maybe I'm a post whore! Or maybe I'm too lazy to read every thread about Hillary and/or Immigration. Or maybe my search-fu is weak and I couldn't find the exact thing I just posted about. Regardless of the reason, it doesn't change my question - why is Hillary referring to "illegal aliens" as immigrants?

An immigrant, like many of our forefathers, came here to live - legally. When Clinton and others of her ilk make broad, sweeping statements defending  "illegal aliens" as law abiding, tax paying, voting, etc., it serves as nothing more than intentionally relabeling criminals for political gain.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Brother, talk about nit picking.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea imagine that, a liberal asshole like Hilly flip-flopping on something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top