Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not the years, its the mileage...

Eddie is still the man!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]
EVH was caught in a bad pose when the pic was taken.  Give him a break.  He has been through cancer, a hip replacement, a high profile divorce, and is a product of countless rumor mill BS.  Did I mention he is an alcoholic as well (not for sure, but he does seem to cling to a bottle of "Smoking Loon" wine rather often)?  

I saw Van Halen in concert three times in '04 (Omaha NE, Ames IA, and Rapid City SD).  EVH still plays an awesome guitar and moves just like he did in 1986 ("Live Without a Net").  I thought Van Halen put on an awesome show (all three of them!)

Yeah, he may looked a bit washed up physically (in that pic), but he is still EVH and is still an awesome musician.  He does rather well for a 51y guy who has been through what he has been through.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Cause Roth is SOOOOOoooo much more put together!!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He's 51,  I think.

What's really amazing is that he's survived this long.   The list of dead rockers is quite long and most
of them didn't make it as far as Eddie nor did they abuse themselves as hard and long as he did.

CJ

He also survived throat cancer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Perspective.....

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Perspective....

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#7]
David and Mike look great for 50. Mike should just shave all the hair, he could look 35.

David from what I hear takes down bad guys breaking into his home with a shot gun; does EMT work; and is in really good physical shape...

I love VH. I played some tracks off of Women and Children first for our au pair -- shes from Serbia and 24 years old... she thought the music was from some new band!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks pretty rough, wouldn't have known it was him, if the pic hadn't been titled
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_2126967.shtml

David Lee Roth: Reunion Is Only 'Real' Van Halen Option
by Mike Baron
Feb 16, 2006

'Diamond' David Lee Roth said a singer hired from a TV search would only turn Van Halen into 'a novelty act.' If the revered rock band Van Halen really is in the market for a new lead singer through CBS-TV's "Rock Star" reality show, their first lead singer wants them to know he thinks it's a monumentally dumb idea.
Roth said he doesn't think the story is true because he has a "little bit of hope and faith that there's a little bit of something left of Eddie Van Halen's pre-frontal brain lobe."

Roth, lead singer of Van Halen (1978-1985) and now the morning host on WFNY (92.3 FM), also said yesterday on "Roth Radio" that he has a better option: Get the original band together for a reunion tour.

"People want the reunion," said Roth. "No one will pay respect to what any of us do [musically] until we get the reunion out of the way ... Once Eddie [Van Halen] does that, everything else he does can be seen with a fresh eye."

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
When did he and Valeri break up?  

I saw her in a Lifetime movie recently and she hasn't aged well either.

Well...I guess none of us really do.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Perspective.....

refernet.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/david_lee_roth.jpg

He looks like Micheal J. Pollards long lost albino brother in that Pic

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like he's trying hard to kill himself.  It's a shame.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

She looks like Natalie from Facts of Life.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
More perspective:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top