Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is one nobody has mentioned yet:

The shootout in the hotel room in True Romance   between the cops, the movie director's
bodyguards, and the mafia hitmen.

Great movie.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Was the alley scene in with Tom "Yo, Homie" Cruise a gun fight? I thought he just capped them both when they made a move. It was him owning them, not really a 'gun fight'. Still props to him, great movie.

I like the .22 x3 to the head btw....

Yes, it was a gunfight. The second guy tries to draw, but his gun got stuck on his waistband.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was the alley scene in with Tom "Yo, Homie" Cruise a gun fight? I thought he just capped them both when they made a move. It was him owning them, not really a 'gun fight'. Still props to him, great movie.
/quote]

No! It was a gun fight, there were 2 guns. Only one got used though! Truly the best kind of fight! Short & Sweet...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Black Hawk Down,
When they Turn the GE mini guns on them from the chopers and start blasting them to hell.

"It's a dream I always had"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Band of Brothers, Episode 2: Day of Days, when Easy Company assaults the 105mm cannons at Brecourt.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the .22 x3 to the head btw....

Yes, it was a gunfight. The second guy tries to draw, but his gun got stuck on his waistband.

Kharn

I couldn't remember, that movie has been all over the TV lately.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Band of Brothers, Episode 2: Day of Days, when Easy Company assaults the 105mm cannons at Brecourt.  

Ah!! How could I forget BOB?? Definitly the best miniseries I have ever seen...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know the this movie?  It's a bounch of guys in a office building or something.  They are fighting it out for a cash prize. I can't remember who was in it or what it was called.  Any clue?

The Outlaw Josie Whales, at the end when Clint is pulling out revolver after revolver.

click, click, click, click

Oh, and Desperado, in the bar with a guitar case full of guns
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah!! How could I forget BOB?? Definitly the best miniseries I have ever seen...

I would argue that Carentan was the best episode.  

When they set up the .30 cal and nail the fleeing Germans in the marsh.......
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#10]
The classics:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’s final shootout.
Include the walk down the street with Tuco and Blondie vs. Angle Eye’s gang.
Add the “If you’re going to shoot, shoot; don’t talk” scene.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’s final stand.

The first and last gun fight’s in The Wild Bunch.

True Lies.
The one in the Keys.  The Mac 10 falling down the stairs for starters.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Greatest crime movie shootout "The Getaway" & For you kiddies out there I mean the 1972 Steve McQueen version, Not the later Baldwin crap remake.  

Greatest War Movie shootout "Saving Pvt Ryan"

Greatest Western Movie Shootout "The Wild Bunch"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
No one has mentioned "The Ususal Suspects" yet.

1.  The part where Steven Baldwin shoot both bad guys at the same time.
2.  The port scene where Baldwin takes out some Russians with the rifle.

No mentions of "Where Eagles Dare" either.  All the gun play scenes are good, especially where Clint Eastwoon battles the Germans in the hallway by the radioroom.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Ballsiest shootout ever.

The Deer Hunter

Robert DeNiro- Russian Roulette at the river hut.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Reservoir Dogs; the jewelry store heist.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Proof of life  -  " Go loud!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Ronin - Shoot-out under the bridge (guess what?  Some people DO get physically sick shortly after a gun fight)
Ronin - Shoot-out in the alley DeNiro w/SAW.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Although they are missed because of all the A8 driving....RONIN deserves a a couple nods as well.

The scene under the bridge is well done.  Double taps.  Lots of double taps.

"Almost abit o' stawrburry jam Eh?"    

ETA Damn I was close.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Open Range...no BS.  All the other stuff has too much Hollyweird BS in it.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Desperado! It was full of them. I'm gonna get the dvd out and watch that tonight.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Open Range, all of them from Tombstone, Face Off
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Besides the fact that the shotgun blast knocks the guy back about 8 feet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Everybody's hit some of the more obvious choices  (HEAT, BHD, BoB, etc) but how about the bank robbery scene in the post-civil war western "The Long Riders" which was about frank and jesse james and all of their post-war exploits? The original "Lonesome Dove" tv miniseries (with robert duvall and tommy lee jones) had some pretty good gun fights, too.

Oh what about "scarface"? Say hello to my lil' friend!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]
W00t! No one has mentioned the courthouse gunfight in Counterforce yet?

FBI HRT lead by Michael Rooker vs. a SWAT team, lead by the T-1000. Non-stop rock n' roll... and you actually see them reload http://pagansmurfen.ath.cx/web/misc/cf.jpg
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I get a laugh out of some of those gun fights where the guy has revolvers and shoots 75 times without reloading and cuts holes in the floor to escape (a floor without joists)...and then there is the concealed machine gunning bad guys shooting 200 yards at the good guy standing in the open with a 1 1/2 " barrel pocket auto and he hits them between the eyes and they can't hit him at all.  
Liberal interpretations of gun fights, I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Besides the fact that the shotgun blast knocks the guy back about 8 feet.

But it was loaded with DIMES!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
W00t! No one has mentioned the courthouse gunfight in Counterforce yet?

FBI HRT lead by Michael Rooker vs. a SWAT team, lead by the T-1000. Non-stop rock n' roll... and you actually see them reload

pagansmurfen.ath.cx/web/misc/cf.jpg

Wow, I thought me and my dad were the only two people that knew that movie even existed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Heat, where the exchange goes bad, and Val was sniping from the rooftop at the DriveIn with the FAL.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
The Haitian's house sence in Bad Boys 2 is good
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Should we ask this guy over here, the one with no head?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Another one no one has mentioned are the two gun fights in "LA Confidential."  The one in the middle is pretty good while I think the one at the end is outstanding.  Also, +1 to "Ronin."  I haven't seen it in awhile, but I remember really enjoying the shootouts.  The sound was what made it so good.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Dirty Harry Callahan and the Scorpio Killer at the end of that movie
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I liked the Wild Bunch, also liked John Wayne in the Shootist, and Clint Eastwood in the end of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Pale Rider has a very nice scene with an Axe Handle..
A Fistful of Dollars has a nice scene at the Beginning involving a Donkey...
My name is Nobody is a fun spoof on Spaghetti Westerns..(Honorable Mention towards Sam Peckinpah on Gravestone)

Modern Gun Fights: Way of the Gun is pretty fun to watch, as is "Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia", Killing Zoe is also good.

If you are going to watch Bank Robbing Movies: Killing Zoe and Heat are films to see.

Killing Monsters: Predator

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#33]
The Matrix Revolutions entrance to club hell. Upside down gun fighting!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#34]
SCARFACE the HOME INVASION HIT SQUAD "say hello too my little friend"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#35]
End gun fight and last man standing
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Add "Outlaw Josey Wales" to the list.  Of course, I pretty much love ANY western that actually takes the time to get the guns right.  Not everyone used a Colt Peacemaker and a Winchester 1873.  

Good call. Another great gunfight movie. "Mr. Blue lightning"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN the bridge defense scene, which also includes the most disturbing knife fight I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Also the first gun fight in Equilibrium
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#39]
One of my favorites is the finale in Winchester 73 between Lin and Dutch Henry Brown.  Nice to see a Western where rifles are used in the big shootout instead of the usual quickdraw nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Although the gunfight itself is a bit one-sided I still love the one that ends with this quote:

“I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?”
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He can't tell us shit Mike, he's all fucked up.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He can't tell us shit Mike, he's all fucked up.....

The irony of that statement is that that guy was the one Marcus killed while he was taking cover behind the toilet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Final shootout in the TV movie The Sacketts.

SEALS vs Marines in the showers in The Rock.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I almost forgot this Forgettable Movie, Stone Cold

Not much of a movie, but the last 20 minutes or so were something else.  A battle royal in a Mississippi Court House.  Major Butt Kick!  The best part of the shoot-out is that not only do the Bad Guys get shot, so do some of the Good Guys get killed as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#45]
RAMBO

good Colt and HK pron in woods scene

ETA not much of a gun fight though

HEAT is good too
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the gunfights in 'Way of the Gun' yet.

+1000

Absolutely the best gun handling Hollywood has done in many years. And mostly 1911's to boot!! Except for James Caan and all his old Mafia buddies with their snubbies and shotguns!!

Juliette Lewis and her father, Geoffrey Lewis are in it too. He is screamingly funny in a dark sort of way!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You guys are forgetting one of the best ever.

The Way of the Gun, Parker and Longbaugh vs the bagmen at the brothel.

Did you get the irony of those names?? Parker and Longbaugh were the real names of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#48]
What about BOTH versions of The Getaway??  Steve McQueen/ Ali McGraw and Alec Baldwin/ Kim Basinger!!

GREAT shootouts!

Also EVERY scene in Silverado
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#49]
HEAT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Unforgiven!

All right now, I'm comin' out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife. All his friends. Burn his damn house down.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top