User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:27:15 PM EDT
???

Whats the deal with this?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know.

My google is broke. How about a link?....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
S.606  

???

Whats the deal with this?

It's a letter followed by a period and three numbers.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it is apparently a law that criminalizes the distribution of information, but I can find no information on it whatsoever.

Edit - It allows a criminal penalty based on the "intent" of the person distributing information. But I can't find the bill so I can't find what kinds of "information" or "intent" it is talking about.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well it is apparently a law that criminalizes the distribution of information, but I can find no information on it whatsoever.

Edit - It allows a criminal penalty based on the "intent" of the person distributing information. But I can't find the bill so I can't find what kinds of "information" or "intent" it is talking about.

That's because distributing information about it is illegal!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just for the record. I had no part in this thread. Rickyj made me do it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys are too funny. Seriously!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too late. Your failure to IBTL this thread has you put you down on the master list. You will be picked up and sent to the fema relocation camps when the aliens land.

You have been warned!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Never mind, found it..............

SEC. 2. CRIMINAL PROHIBITION ON THE DISTRIBUTION OF CERTAIN INFORMATION RELATING TO EXPLOSIVES, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

(a) UNLAWFUL CONDUCT- Section 842 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(p) DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION RELATING TO EXPLOSIVES, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION-

`(1) DEFINITIONS- In this subsection--

`(A) the term `destructive device' has the same meaning as in section 921(a)(4);

`(B) the term `explosive' has the same meaning as in section 844(j); and

`(C) the term `weapon of mass destruction' has the same meaning as in section 2332a(c)(2).

`(2) PROHIBITION- It shall be unlawful for any person--

`(A) to teach or demonstrate the making or use of an explosive, a destructive device, or a weapon of mass destruction, or to distribute by any means information pertaining to, in whole or in part, the manufacture or use of an explosive, destructive device, or weapon of mass destruction, with the intent that the teaching, demonstration, or information be used for, or in furtherance of, an activity that constitutes a Federal crime of violence; or

`(B) to teach or demonstrate to any person the making or use of an explosive, a destructive device, or a weapon of mass destruction, or to distribute to any person, by any means, information pertaining to, in whole or in part, the manufacture or use of an explosive, destructive device, or weapon of mass destruction, knowing that such person intends to use the teaching, demonstration, or information for, or in furtherance of, an activity that constitutes a Federal crime of violence.'.

Not hot linked so the JBT's won't come bustin' down my door.
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c106:S.606.ENR:

Don't understand why this would restrict the information I was looking for though?

Shooting skills are next on the list.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]
So if you share information on a SPAS-12, which is a 'desctructive device', you will go to jail???
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So if you share information on a SPAS-12, which is a 'desctructive device', you will go to jail???

Looks that way. Teach someone how to shoot a USAS 12, and go to jail.

Illegal information? Wasn't there some law or something that made all information legal? I forget.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#11]
As much as I would like to think such legislation would be ruled unconstitutional, I won't get my hopes up.

My local public library used to have a copy of "The Anarchists Cookbook."  Don't know if they still do.  Probably stopped stocking it since they had to replace it about every six months due to theft...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, it looks like its time to go down load the Anarchist's Cookbook...

Before this gets enacted, I still want Philo to teach me how to make Plutonium from common household chemicals.

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first rule of fight club is that you dont talk about fight club...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
As much as I would like to think such legislation would be ruled unconstitutional, I won't get my hopes up.

My local public library used to have a copy of "The Anarchists Cookbook."  Don't know if they still do.  Probably stopped stocking it since they had to replace it about every six months due to theft...

It is not as frightening that the particular information is illegal as the fact that society is now not only allowing laws about the distribution of information, but probably cheering it.

Step by step.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top