Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:35 PM EDT
I haven't noticed any economic crashes in my neighborhood lately. Wasn't it supposed to be March 1st?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:55:34 PM EDT
apparently not, but i would still stay tuned. i dont know aobut you, but gas has jumped $.20 in the past 2 weeks.... maybe not related, maybe it is
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:
apparently not, but i would still stay tuned. i dont know aobut you, but gas has jumped $.20 in the past 2 weeks.... maybe not related, maybe it is

It has. I noticed that today when I went to Pueblo. Fortunately, my employer was paying for the gas and the rental car.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:03:06 PM EDT
Funny, I heard that oil prices per bbl was down due to overstock. on Fox even!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:15:43 PM EDT
The Iran oil bourse is later in March - the 20th I believe...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:27:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By heron163:
The Iran oil bourse is later in March - the 20th I believe...

Oh really? I thought it was March 1. Then, in that case, I'll bet the attack on Tehran begins on March 19th.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:22:35 AM EDT
What it's about is Iran's threat to dump oil on the market and selling it in Euros per barrel instead of Dollars per barrel. There was a video of a speech to Congress by Representative Ron Paul about this floating around the net last week. Every time somone threatens to do this, we go to war with them or a coup/assasination attempt is made on them. He talks about that too. Basically, we no longer have a gold standard, and the only way to protect the value of the dollar "as if it were as GOOD AS GOLD" was to make a deal with the oil producing countries in the middle east: We'll protect your empires, you sell your oil in Dollars per Barrel.

The vid is a lot more involved than that simplification, I recommend watching it. Highly enlightening, about a 15 min. long.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:37:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:42:03 AM EDT
Thanks, just went and got it but you beatr me to it!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:34:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
What it's about is Iran's threat to dump oil on the market and selling it in Euros per barrel instead of Dollars per barrel. There was a video of a speech to Congress by Representative Ron Paul about this floating around the net last week. Every time somone threatens to do this, we go to war with them or a coup/assasination attempt is made on them. He talks about that too. Basically, we no longer have a gold standard, and the only way to protect the value of the dollar "as if it were as GOOD AS GOLD" was to make a deal with the oil producing countries in the middle east: We'll protect your empires, you sell your oil in Dollars per Barrel.

The vid is a lot more involved than that simplification, I recommend watching it. Highly enlightening, about a 15 min. long.

I have noticed the price of gas going up dramatically in the last week.

Is this because of the Iran Oil Bourse?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:49:33 AM EDT
Who knows.... I herad here on the board that the Iranis are holding off on their Bourse, no info other than that to repeat/regurgitate....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:36:57 PM EDT
Thanks, Dave. . for day crew.
Top Top