Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:07:02 AM EDT
Any free sites to search license plate numbers?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any free sites to search license plate numbers?

FYI Googling "free license plate number search" reveals over ten million hits.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah but most charge believe it or not, or you have to pay for a membership to get them free.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I would think that's for the better, honestly. Weed out a lot of the wierdos.

Who are you going to stalk with this information...?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Some car was parked with no lights on with the engine running on the dead end street where I live, I circled around, they took off... so I was just curious as to who it may be.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think you can get the info for free unless you know someone who is a PI or cop or something.  Otherwise you have to pony up some money.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a valid reason... Just understand why there might not be free access to this info. Some whacko sees a cute girl driving around and decides to look her up...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Call local pd and say some one bumped your mirror on your car.  Some one left a note saying a car with this plate number did it.  They will give you name and address.  At least they did for me when some one hit my car.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Post or PM me the tag number for "educational puposes"  I have access to Lexis Nexis. Cant say for sure if it will pull anything up though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sounds like a valid reason... Just understand why there might not be free access to this info. Some whacko sees a cute girl driving around and decides to look her up...

Pam Dawbers sister was murdered because a stalker traced her license plate number to her home.
Because of that it set in motion state laws against that kind of information being easily made available.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Schaeffer
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey now, what's wrong with that?  It's hard to meet the wimminz, you know.  J/K.

BTW, what difference does it make that it isn't free?  So only the well-to-do can invade privacy?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey now, what's wrong with that?  It's hard to meet the wimminz, you know.  J/K.

BTW, what difference does it make that it isn't free? So only the well-to-do can invade privacy?

No, I just prefer that every yahoo that sees someone they find interesting (or thinks you cut them off, or that your wife or girlfriend is hot) can't just dial your plate numbers up and find out where you live, your name, etc.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Point taken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top