Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:13:27 PM EDT

is it ok to post this?

MOBILE, Ala. -- The editor of a student newspaper said the paper will not apologize for reprinting one of the cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad that have touched off dozens of protests throughout the Muslim world.

Muslim students at the University of South Alabama have sought an apology since the cartoon appeared in the paper's February 13 edition. It depicts Muhammad, holding a curved sword, with a black bar over his eyes and flanked by two women wearing burkas.

Joseph Stewart, a freshman who is president of the school's Muslim Students Association, said the cartoon is rude and has offended a lot of people.

But Jeff Poor, editor in chief of the Vanguard, said the paper printed the cartoon in support of freedom of speech and has no intention of apologizing.

Dean of Students Tim Beard said Monday that the administration is considering printing some sort of statement on religious tolerance and freedom of speech, but said the university will not restrain the paper.

The Vanguard featured the cartoon as part of an editorial titled "A truly free press must not cower down to extremists."

www.nbc13.com/news/7750412/detail.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Better apologize before they all go rent SUV's  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I got an apology for them...

KISS MY ASS

edited to be not quite so harsh...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Muslim students at the University of South Alabama

Both of them?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Joseph Stewart, a freshman who is president of the school's Muslim Students Association, said the cartoon is rude and has offended a lot of people.

What part of the Middle East are you from Mr. Stewart?
Sounds like a dumbass liberal freshman who is trying to show the world how sensitive he is.
Spare me the bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

KISS MY ASS

Why Not?

Fuck 'Em.

SG
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure you boys down there can handle it.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm offended, too.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]
They SHOULD apologize!

...for not reprinting it much sooner!

HH
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm sick of whenever someone exercizes their right to free speech, some other group demands an apology.

it's not just muslims, or illegals, or blacks, or christians, or whites, or jews, or ect.

it seems the no matter what is said, SOMEONE gets pissed off about it, and instead of saying "oh well, this is America, they ahve a right to say that" they get all pissed off and "demand" an apology.

KISS MY ASS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH FREE SPEECH!
that said, i see this thread going down hill real quick, so i'll say IBTL
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

KISS MY ASS

Why Not?

Fuck 'Em.

SG

Don't like it, get the F^$%% out of the US of A, and go back to your third world Jihadist hell hole.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
It's about time students get the balls to stand up to the libtards. At my school, no one ever challenges the liberal dogma that is shoved down students throats. We are supposed to accept it as gospel or else we are labeled intolerant.

Good for the Vanguard! Those f%&$ing pieces of shit who think they can suppress free speech should get on the next flight to the middle east and try to push their crap out there. I'd like to see how tolerable the governments there will be to them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Why is it that you don't hear the leaders from the Muslim community apolgize to us for all the bullshit in Iraq like when some non-combatant journalist gets beheaded? Why to they torture and kill our people that they take as prisoners? Does anyone think any Americans taken prisoners by the Muslim Terriorist Extremist Assholes get "culturally sensitive meals" like the douchebags in Gitmo get? Do they give American prisoners a bible to get them through?

We have got to grow a pair and get over the pussification of fighting a war. "When your enemy is angry, irritate him." The Art of War, Sun Tzu

We should be publishing photoshopped pictures of Osama bin Laden eating pork at a whore house, while a Jewish woman wipes her ass with a Quran. This bullshit about not stirring up the ragheads that would right now love to kill us all is too much.

How about some propaganda films of them blowing up mosques and killing children? Or beating women that wanted to vote or go to school? Maybe the CIA should start its own network in the Middle East and put out the US message. Remember Radio Marti or Radio Free Europe? Don't forget Tokyo Rose and Hanoi Hanna. You can fight a PC war, but you sure as hell can't WIN a PC war.

Fuck 'em. We have plenty of ammo to send them all to meet Allah. Let God sort 'em out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#13]
+1000 FUCK 'EM
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#14]
My student paper suspended the editors who made reprinted the cartoons...

Fucking liberal cock suckers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's about time students get the balls to stand up to the libtards. At my school, no one ever challenges the liberal dogma that is shoved down students throats. We are supposed to accept it as gospel or else we are labeled intolerant.
Good for the Vanguard! Those f%&$ing pieces of shit who think they can suppress free speech should get on the next flight to the middle east and try to push their crap out there. I'd like to see how tolerable the governments there will be to them.

What are you doing to stop them?
Sounds like you are a sheep - content to bleat slogans while other control things.
Quit bitching, and start doing something.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My student paper suspended the editors who made reprinted the cartoons...

Fucking liberal cock suckers.

Ya know...I think a few phonecalls are in order!
WTF!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
+1000 FUCK 'EM

+1000 more.  If they don't like it get the hell out of America.  I didn't see every Christian demanding an appology when US tax payer$ paid for 'art' that showed a cross in urine.  If the ROP types are so sensative they need to live a sheltered life in ROP land.  

Oh yeah FUCK 'EM AGAIN.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Better apologize before they all go rent SUV's  

Or start a BOYCOTT! No more grits for them. No. Maybe they'll boycott the whole damn state and GTF out of Dodge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top