Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 12:37:03 PM EDT
You guys ever have them?

This morning I over slept a little to find myself sweaty having just woke from a dream about the SHTF.

I can only remember one part. I was hiding out in the restroom of a high school (I haven’t been in a high school for 15 years). There was continual live gun fire outside the restroom. This restroom had two entrances, on from two different sides of the restroom. Initially, I was on one side behind the door. Something made me want to go to the other side (I cannot remember what it was), but just as I turned a corner there was a BG. I drew first and marked the guy before he could get his gun up. Knowing he had been beaten, he just stared me in the face as if to say please don’t kill me. I cannot remember what nationality the BGs were, but we didn’t speak the same language (however, I do remember that they were on our soil – I felt as though I was at home). For a moment that seemed like forever, we stared at each other. I got the feeling that he didn’t want to be fighting, but was being required to do so by his leaders. I put my finger on my mouth as a silent way to tell him to be quiet, and then I motioned at his gun. He handed it to me. He turned is eyes toward the door as if to ask if he could leave without me killing him. And I do not know why I did it, but I agreed to let him go. He then motioned to his gun as if to ask for it back. Again, I have no idea why I did it, but I dropped the clip out of the bottom and handed it back to him (although when I woke up I almost slapped myself for not clearing chamber first). Then he calmly turned and left the restroom.

Then I finally woke up and realized that I had about ten minutes to get out the door and only be 30 minutes late for work.

So anyway, just wanted to know if you guys ever had SHTF dreams too?

[/flame suit on]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
All the time!

From small-scale to TEOTWAWKI, I've had those dreams on and off since I was probably 12 or 13...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted about one my dreams taking on zombies alongside of a midget armed with kel-tec p32's, but people just made fun of it.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
My SHTF dreams really only involve me fucking up the rhythm method.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
once in a while.  my scariest dream was the one where i was a beatle and fell down a spider hole (as in 8 legged venemous arachnid, not viet congs).  the only dream i've ever had which wasn't from the perspective of myself.  that was scary as hell.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I love those kind of dreams.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I once dreamed a chimpanzee threw a possum at me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You must of watched this recently.....

Now I am going to have to watch it.  It's been too long since the last time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember having one where I was in some kind of warehouse room or something, the function of the room or building was totally lost to me, but I saw crates, cardboard boxes, rope, and some stuff like that, and I was laying prone on a shelf aiming my gun at a door that was cracked open enough that I could see outside. Then someone busted the door suddenly and I shot at it a few times, then ran to the top of another shelf and waited for something else to happen. After 5 seconds I changed my mind and ran out a back hallway or something like that where there was a bunch of light (it was dark in the room I was in) and I woke up because the lights had turned on in my room (lost power, and had it restored while I was asleep).

Edit: Short, but the SHTF feeling was definately there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

i get those too!  far scarrier than zombies!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had a few SHTF dreams, mostly of the creepy variety.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Usually lots of ufo's in my nightmares
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a recurring dream about the liquid terminator coming after me.....scary stuff.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Only SHTF dream I had was me and a buddy shooting our way through this military invasion and I was doing very well shooting no problem, but people were not dying very well.  I would shoot at the bad guys and some would die if I hit them enough, but most could drag themselves away.

Everything just seemed to be underpowered.  I was shooting MP5's, M16's, 1911's anything I could get my hands on.  I finnaly pulled a mag out of an AR during a lull in the fighting and it was loaded with 22lr.

Every gun I picked up was 22lr.  The bad guys seemed to be shooting the guns with the ammo the gun was supposed to shoot, but whenever I picked up a gun it was loaded with 22lr.

Then I woke up.

Weird.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
About all I can remember of my latest one is trying to figure out which gun to grab (a la SHF) and being disgusted realizing later that I had far too little ammo to do anything useful with the choice I made.

ETA:  .22lr ...  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Only SHTF dream I had was me and a buddy shooting our way through this military invasion and I was doing very well shooting no problem, but people were not dying very well.  I would shoot a bad guys and some would die if I hit them enough, but most could drag themselves away.

Everything just seemed to be underpowered.  I was shooting MP5's, M16's, 1911's anything I could get my hands on.  I finnaly pulled a mag out of an AR during a lull in the fighting and it was loaded with 22lr.

Every gun I picked up was 22lr.  The bad guys seemed to be shooting the guns with the ammo the gun was supposed to shoot, but whenever I picked up a gun it was loaded with 22lr.

Then I woke up.

Weird.

Next time include .308s in your dream. It'll go better.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only SHTF dream I had was me and a buddy shooting our way through this military invasion and I was doing very well shooting no problem, but people were not dying very well.  I would shoot a bad guys and some would die if I hit them enough, but most could drag themselves away.

Then I woke up.

Weird.

LMAO!  +1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then I woke up.

Weird.

I'm pretty sure I picked up an HK91 at one point.  Same deal, the sucker was loaded with 22lr.  Shot fine.  But 22lr.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

This morning I over slept a little to find myself sweaty having just woke from a dream about the SHTF.

Not your intended topic, but does anybody else seem to notice that you really only have exceptionally cool and/or vivid dreams when you accidentally turn off your alarm and are late for work (or similar situation)?  It just happened to me, had a weird dream that I woke up from about 30 minutes before I was supposed to be in class, odd mix of the movies Pleasantville and Kingpin.  Rubber hand and all.  Perhaps it's just because you're more likely to remember the dreams that take place just before you wake up.

Beyond the normal male violent confrontation dreams (being robbed and shoting at the perp or going at him with a knife, firearm won't discharge or moving to slow to connect with the knife...that kindof stuff is more my SHTF fare) I can't say as I've had any SHTF dreams.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

...that dream became a reality for me.................twice......
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#20]

+1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Only SHTF dream I had was me and a buddy shooting our way through this military invasion and I was doing very well shooting no problem, but people were not dying very well.  I would shoot at the bad guys and some would die if I hit them enough, but most could drag themselves away.

Then I woke up.

Weird.

Yeah - that would suck. You must have a subconscious longing for a 22lr conversion kit for your AR. You may want to have that checked out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

[/flame suit on]

All the time.

The weirdest one is where I'm standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[/flame suit on]

All the time.

The weirdest one is where I'm standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.

Okay Val...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a dream i was being chased by some crazy cajun guy wearing hunter orange and camo at my grandparents home along the boyou.  Some how he captured me on his boat and was taking me where ever and i jumped off and swam back to my grandparents house where i had a mossberg i brought from home. I had a knife on me but i thought it would be better to run, or swim in my case.  So i got back to the house with the guy on my heels the whole way and i get the shotgun and of course have to load it and once its loaded i proceed to unload it into him but it has no effect SO i even reload it with him standing there and then shoot him a couple more times. He gives up after i finally stab him with my knife and than he just leaves. It pisses me off when you cant kill the badguy in your dreams

Whats really strange have you guys ever actually felt pain when soemthing happens in your dream

I had a dream i was playing paintball and got shot in the back of the head a bunch and it was strange because i actually felt it and my head was sore in the morning.

I also always have dreams of being stabbed in the back. Somtimes its people, but usually its the alien from of course alien. They hurt while im dreaming but never after i wake up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a dream once where a friend of mine was packing something into cardboard boxes while I was outside loading stuff into the back of some SUV. Out of the corner of my eye, I see some gang-banger type in a t-shirt & pants that are both 5 sizes too big passing by (on a skateboard, no less  ), heading toward the building my friend is in, wearing a police equipment belt & carrying a riot gun. As I grab my rifle and turn around, the GBer has parked his "vehicle", and is kicking in the door of the building. That's when I woke up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Page 2
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I dreamed that I helped Chuck Norris fight off some cannibalistic CHUDs that were attacking a peaceful vegetarian CHUD village. We stumbled upon them while digging tunnels leading to Chuck's secret underground headquarters using his rocket ship. It was a tunneler and a rocket ship. I had all my tactical stuff on while Chuck only had his jeans, his hat, and his body as weapons.

That's what I get for staying up late looking at collegehumor.com before going to bed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I had a dream i was playing paintball and got shot in the back of the head a bunch and it was strange because i actually felt it and my head was sore in the morning.

Sounds like you bumped the head board or something. I do not think it is physiologically possible to feel pain from a dream. There is a hormone secreted while we sleep that prevents us from actually physically performing the actions in our dreams; during REM sleep (dreaming), our muscles are generally paralyzed. However, some people’s brains do a better job than others. That is why some people sleep walk and others do not. It would also mean the difference between violently thrashing about or physically lying still during a rough nightmare.

“During natural REM sleep, the muscles of the body are paralyzed. This is to prevent the sleeper injuring himself or others as he/she follows acts out action of the dream. However, unfortunately, sometimes the body's defense mechanism fails, the muscles are not paralyzed and the sleeper is free to act out the dream physically. Thus we get disorders such as sleepwalking and violent sleep disorder. The opposite of this is sleep paralysis where the body awakens with the paralysis still in tact, and the person is unable to move. The action of the dream follows into the waking state giving him/her vivid and frightening hallucinations.” (sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/melatonin/a/violence.htm)

So has anyone had any lucid dreams? Most dreams play like a movie to most people. A “lucid” dream is where you can actually control your actions. When I was a kid, I could wake up from a dream then go back to sleep and continue the same dream. I cannot seem to do this anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top