Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 8:28:17 PM EDT
Now that I have your attention...

What aftermarket pickups can you reccomend for an acoustic guitar? Would I be better off selling my standard acoustic guitar (Fender DG100, about a $300 guitar) and using the funds to buy an electric/acoustic already setup to be played plugged in? Can I use an electric guitar amp with an acoustic/electric?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on the pickups, but you can use any amp you want.  I have a couple Fenders, but I love the little green Danelectro practice amp that  I have the best.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Bastard

I am in favor of boobs

But the boob-deficient will serve as well (see Milla Jovovich)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp with my acoustics.

I use a Dean Markley soundhole pickup on my Martin D-28, and I put a Fishman thinline in my Martin DX-1, because I didn't mind cutting up the DX-1.

They both sound great, the thinline has a built in preamp and an on-board EQ.

Now you owe me some boobs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Your a boob
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
MMMM....Boobs!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
if you venture into the team clubhouse there is a nice assortment

oh yeah... sorry
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Benbob, what model of Dean pickup do you use? Does it require a seperate preamp?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
So, who likes boobs?

7 replies...

270 views.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Not cool.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I love titties. BOATS: Big 'Ole Ass Titties.  Size does matter.  I've got plenty to give her, so I need her to have plenty as well!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Now that I have your attention...

What aftermarket pickups can you reccomend for an acoustic guitar? Would I be better off selling my standard acoustic guitar (Fender DG100, about a $300 guitar) and using the funds to buy an electric/acoustic already setup to be played plugged in? Can I use an electric guitar amp with an acoustic/electric?

An electric guitaramp with an acoustic sounds like crap.  The frequency response of the amp and the speakers will nuke the sound, plus the output impedance of a piezo is completely wrong.

Get a decent acoustic amp . . . I recommend the SWR Strawberry Blonde.  The Fender acoustic amps are OK too.  The Tech 21 Bronzewood has a really nice sound, especially with my electric with Graphtech piezo saddles.

As far as pickups go, I'm a fan of the Fishman stuff.  Get a piezo professional installed under your saddle and plug into a decent amp.  If you want to go direct to a PA, plug into a Para-EQ or a Tech21 AcousticDI to get alittle EQ and to match impedances.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate you
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#13]
MMMMM.....boobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top