Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:50:51 AM EDT
A little back ground first.  My Ex is re married to a person in the Mil.  She told me aroud Christmas that they would be moving AGAIN this coming summer.  She said that there was a 95 % chance of moving to GA, and a small chance of moving to Germany.  If I remember right she said there was a 95 % chance of staying in Chicago before they moved to MD.  She was supposed to find out in January or Feburary, and have something official by March.  Last time I talked to her she still had not found out yet.  She is DEFFINATELY NOT taking my son to Germany if she goes, but I want to be prepared if she tries.   now for the Question.  What are the Odd she will end up in Germany??

Thanks for any input.
Blmff
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a comment, but maybe Germany would be a great experience for him.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just a comment, but maybe Germany would be a great experience for him.  

I have thought about that, but he is 14 and said he deffinatley does not want to go.  They will be there for 3 years, so I am sure he will have plenty of times to visit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
87% chance
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
If he is making a career out of the Army then where he goes is what's best for his career.

It will be easier for the ex-wife to vist the kid, since she can hop a Space-A flight from Germany to the states.

What I can't fucking stand is when divorced parents call the kid "theirs".
It belongs to BOTH of you.

My son? It belongs to both of you.

What's your custody agreement say about moving out of state / out of country?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
87% chance

beat me to it.

everyone in the .mil KNOWS where they're going next until someone tells them otherwise.  the truth is they dont know shit until they get there, and even then they could be relocated
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
SHIT, he's 14 years old and he does not want to go to Germany?

In three years he could rack up a lot of dependent and Fraulein pussy in Germany PLUS he can take a Space-A Flight to come visit you.

You would deny your son the opportunity to get some strange?

If the ex goes to Germany you could at least send the boy on over for a summer or two to visit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
87% chance

beat me to it.

everyone in the .mil KNOWS where they're going next until someone tells them otherwise.  the truth is they dont know shit until they get there, and even then they could be relocated

Very few possible locations for what he does(I don't remember specifics)There were only a handful of places in the country where he could do his internship and residency civillian or military.  MD at Walter Reed, finishing up his residency and intenship in the Mil. after they paid for college.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't want to go when I went as a dependant either...  But I am glad I went.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

She said that there was a 95 % change of moving to GA, and a small change of moving to Germany.  

So, all of their pennies, nickles & dimes are moving to Germany??????????????    
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She said that there was a 95 % change of moving to GA, and a small change of moving to Germany.  

So, all of their pennies, nickles & dimes are moving to Germany??????????????    

sorry about that. I chanced change to chance
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top