Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jeez!
Barely a mention of anything to do with Tequila.

... of course, its tough to rip on a guy who drinks decent Tequila, which is what the article was all about (the ripping part, at least).

Tequila tastes like what's in the bucket after I mop the floor, and I don't care how high up the chain you go.

If I can't pour it out of the bottle and into a glass by itself and drink it I save it for company and relatives.

You don't drink tequila straight?  

My tastes have had a radical change. I used to dislike Bourbon. Now it and dark rum- the darker the better, are all I really sip. When I try to drink MOST Scotch, I find it insipid. After a lifetime of drinking Scotch. Go figure. I really don't drink that much anyway, so I ain't picking up any internet gauntlets.

Maybe not.... though you seem to throw 'em down quick enough  

Tequila runs from "Nectar Of The Gods" all the way to much worse than your mop-bucket example. Bad tequila is horrible, undrinkable swill that can hurt you in a bad way. Good tequila is truly wonderful stuff.

I’ve never been a big fan of the whiskey/bourbon/scotch spirits…. Occasionally I do get a wild hair and tip a glass, though not often.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My tastes have had a radical change. I used to dislike Bourbon. Now it and dark rum- the darker the better, are all I really sip. When I try to drink MOST Scotch, I find it insipid. After a lifetime of drinking Scotch. Go figure. I really don't drink that much anyway, so I ain't picking up any internet gauntlets.

After a lifetime of drinking Scotch, you've finally come to recognize it for what it is.  Apart from the occasional savor dirt and smoke, most have no freakin' flavor at all (the Macallan being a notable exception).
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

To which our snappy riposte was "The hell you say! Bring it on, Quang."

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what this says about me?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]

The Jack and Coke – Okay, you can afford to buy really good Tennessee whiskey

I'm dying here!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wonder what this says about me?
pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL397/2077705/4030481/120945836.jpg

clear liquid in a mason jar that appears to be cold or chilled, nothing to see here
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I drink beer (Yunegling or Bass Ale) 95% of the time if I go out drinking. If I don't I order some Long Island Iced Teas.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Picture 1974 I am in Bakersvile Cal visiting a friend that lives there(cause nobody in thier right mind would live there) It's so friggin hot you have all kinds off cloth shit all over your dash,and you had better have it over your steering wheel as well!!

Cause it is gonna be hot!!!

I drift on down to the only bar,while my friends are SSS getting ready to come on down to the bar(club)!

I walk in set down and the bartender asks what I would like?  The bartender looks at me like I had just said I would like to pound you in the ass when I say I would like an abortion!

The guy is huge ,close to seven foot(looked like striker)I'm little 5'11  so I tryed to tell him that it was Scotch,kaloha,and milk!!!

He says why in the name of  God would some one walk in here and ask for such shit as this?

I think he is just about to go postal ,when my friends walk in and say Hey Bob whats going on?

He realizes that I am not just some wierd ass hippy looking dude trying to give him grief,then relutently makes me one!!!

I pay for it then tell him we are leaving without drinking it,unless he drinks one also!!!

He was going to buck up(and fuck up) because we were going to bail and leave unless he did just that!!

He drank one and liked it so much he bought the next round,and we all became friends and drinkers that night of the abortion!!

He was a smart man,we spent lots of money there that night!!  What else is there to do in Bakersville!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#10]
the name says it all

<---------------------

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Rum. Straight outta the bottle into my belly....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Domestic coktail..

Captain and Coke... ARRRR!!!

Here in Korea...

Grape Soju

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I just drink Budweiser straight out of the bottle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#14]
The Gin and Tonic – Drinking a G-n-T tells people three things about you: 1.) You’re a burgeoning alcoholic, 2.) You like gin, 3.) You won’t get scurvy in the near future. This drink is simple to concoct, and provides its mostly Caucasian fan base with a direct link to the imperialist British military officers in colonial India, who invented the drink to ward off malaria via the quinine in tonic water. Sure, the limeys could have just drunk the tonic water, but then they couldn’t have run around on elephants all day, stinking drunk, killing Indian people, and writing poems about their ugly wives back in Shropshire.

Right right! Rule Brittania, Brittania rules the waves!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#15]
What if we only drink Tequila? Hell, I have not had a mixed drink in five years. Then again It take an enormous amount of tequila to buzz me, so It was a monetary decision for me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#16]
If my drink starts saying anything about me, it's lies, all lies I tell you!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Single Malt, or a very good blended.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a Guinness and Irish car bomb man.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I need to drink more.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I usually just have a couple of Long Island teas, and sip beer the rest of the night
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#22]
In the winter, bourbon on ice, with a hint of water, the melted ice does the trick after the first one. Summer time, Ice cold beer.... He hit the nail on the head with the bloody mary, they are good all year, especially for breakfast. Coffee, with a shot of bailey's, good way to start a cold Sunday morn.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The one an only, 2 fingers of single malt scotch.

+1 on the Single malts...

My sister in law came for a visit last year and mentioned she was a scotch drinker.  So, I pull a bottle of Balvinie (sp) single malt that I had brought back form Scotland and been hording for several years and I poured a couple of shots on the rocks and was just settling in to nurse that sipping whisky when she got up and went to the fridge, got a coke and poured it in the S.M.

Man, I gave her sh#t, I told her I had a bottle of Chevez in the cabinet if she was going to drink like that
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I really like Whiskey, Bourbon, and Vodka.

Whiskey: I prefer Jack cause it's cheap, and I like the taste. When I have the extra money I'll get sippin whiskey, I like Maker's Mark and Jack Daniel's Single Barrel the best.

Bourbon: Jim Beam is okay, but mostly I stick to Wild Turkey 101

Vodka: Grey Goose is probably the best, but Ketel One is right up there.  Belvedere is pretty damn good too as is Absolut.

I'm not really a big rum drinker but Captain Morgan and Captain Morgan Private Stock are the only rums I'll drink.

I don't drink Tequila.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#25]
+1 on the  Kickin  Chickin
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jeez!
Barely a mention of anything to do with Tequila.

... of course, its tough to rip on a guy who drinks decent Tequila, which is what the article was all about (the ripping part, at least).

Tequila tastes like what's in the bucket after I mop the floor, and I don't care how high up the chain you go.

If I can't pour it out of the bottle and into a glass by itself and drink it I save it for company and relatives.

You don't drink tequila straight?  

Oro Azul
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#27]
And who the hell orders a drink called a "Blow Job"?  

If a guy does, it sounds ghaix.

If a wimmenz does, it's just weird.  (Hot chick:  "Gimme a Blow Job")
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#28]
i had a falling out with tequila a few years ago and we are still not on speaking terms.

RE: martinis.   GOD did not intend the martini to be made of vodka.  vodka is a vile and foul liquid squeezed from spoiled russian potatoes by warty hunchback women with bad feminine hygiene.

gin, baby.  gin.  

winston churchill once said that to make the perfect martini, one must shake the gin with ice while looking toward france.  evidently his humor was as dry as the drink.

i like a bombay sapphire martini with just a spritz of vermouth and 3 olives.  repeat as necessary.

if i am on a mission to get bombed, beer works just fine.  i usually drink something good and tatsy for the first 3 and then my tongue gets kinda numb so i can drink any swill that's available
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I drink a lot of water on the rocks, plus an occssional skim milk, neat.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:02:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
RE: martinis.   GOD did not intend the martini to be made of vodka.  vodka is a vile and foul liquid squeezed from spoiled russian potatoes by warty hunchback women with bad feminine hygiene.

Have you ever had Vodka?  Good Vodka.  I doubt it.  Good Vodka isnt vile, its mostly neutral, like water.  Has almost no flavor, and often times very little heat, and is very smooth.  Vodka is probably the least offensive hard liquor.  Gin is  more bitter, and mediciney.

Btw 95% of all Vodka isnt potato, its grain.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Scotch.  Neat.   And don't give me some f(&$#ing blend.  Single malt.  No less than 12 years old, with an occaisional exception for Johnny Walker Blue, but only if there isn't a good single malt available.

That or a vodka martini.  Three olives (don't be stingy).  And the vodka better not be Absolut (absolute crap).

Well done, sir.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i had a falling out with tequila a few years ago and we are still not on speaking terms.

gin, baby.  gin.  

winston churchill once said that to make the perfect martini, one must shake the gin with ice while looking toward france.  evidently his humor was as dry as the drink.

i like a bombay sapphire martini with just a spritz of vermouth and 3 olives.  repeat as necessary.

if i am on a mission to get bombed, beer works just fine.  i usually drink something good and tatsy for the first 3 and then my tongue gets kinda numb so i can drink any swill that's available

I hate to break this to you, but Bombay Sapphire, or any other English gin for that matter, is just vodka flavored with juniper berries and a few other botanicals.

But I will agree with you that a drink made with anything other than gin, vermouth and ice is not a Martini.  Those juniper berries do make a difference.

However, I find olives detestable, so I have to pass on Martinis and make due with Gibsons (made with Bombay Sapphire, of course).
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Gibsons?

Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Gibsons?

Very nice.

The only problem is that it seems most cocktail waitresses these days don't have a clue about what a Gibson is.  And then when I tell them its the same as a Martini, but with an onion instead of an olive, they insist on asking what kind of vodka I want.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#35]
On those rare occasions when I drink, I like drinks that get me a buzz ASAP.  Tequila or vodka shots, the cheaper the better.
For a mixed drink, usually when on vacation or on special occasions, I like margaritas or frozen rumrunners.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#36]
[lisp] Who likes appletinis? [/lisp]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top