Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:08:15 AM EDT
I just got a survey in the mail from them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
They know you voted in the Republican primary, so they sent it to you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I don't know much about them, and they want me to send them money, whether I want to donate them or not.  Does that make me an ass if I don't want to fill their survey out?

Edit-My "voting district" is on there, so they must know my voting record.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
They called me asking for money "as a Republican".  I am not, nor have I ever been, a registered member of any political party, and I told them as much.  I just happened to vote for Bush in the last election.  They haven't called back.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know much about them, and they want me to send them money, whether I want to donate them or not.  Does that make me an ass if I don't want to fill their survey out?

Your voting district in based on the your address.  They don't know how you voted in the general election.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't know your voting record.  Only you know that information.  The only thing they have a record of is that you showed up to the polling place to vote.  They don't know who you voted for, but if it was a Republican primary that you voted in, then it stands to reason that you might be a Republican.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They called me asking for money "as a Republican".  I am not, nor have I ever been, a registered member of any political party, and I told them as much.  I just happened to vote for Bush in the last election.  They haven't called back.

I just don't want to feel like an ass if I don't fill out their survey.  But I don't know that much about their organization to give money to them or anything.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just don't want to feel like an ass if I don't fill out their survey.  But I don't know that much about their organization to give money to them or anything.  

You don't have to fill out the survey, and don't feel like an ass about it.

The Republican party exists to get Republicans elected.  That's really all you need to know about it.  It's not a secret club or anything.  If you generally support the agenda of the Republican party, it could be worthwhile to throw them a few dollars.  Especially in an election year.  But beware -- once you give, they'll be back for more and more, over and over again.  It will never stop.  They will call you at dinner once a month and try to make you feel guilty and/or poor if you don't pledge a hundred bucks.

I prefer to donate directly to selected candidates.  That way only people I KNOW will fight for the things I believe in ever see the cash and I know it's not going to McCain or Chafee or someone like that.  Another way to do this is to donate to a single-issue PAC.  The PAC can then give larger contributions than you can to candidates that support whatever issue the PAC is for.  But 99% of the time, I just give a direct donation to the candidate.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Republican party exists to get Republicans elected.  That's really all you need to know about it.  It's not a secret club or anything.  If you generally support the agenda of the Republican party, it could be worthwhile to throw them a few dollars.  Especially in an election year.  But beware -- once you give, they'll be back for more and more, over and over again.  It will never stop.  They will call you at dinner once a month and try to make you feel guilty and/or poor if you don't pledge a hundred bucks.

I prefer to donate directly to selected candidates.  That way only people I KNOW will fight for the things I believe in ever see the cash and I know it's not going to McCain or Chafee or someone like that.  Another way to do this is to donate to a single-issue PAC.  The PAC can then give larger contributions than you can to candidates that support whatever issue the PAC is for.  But 99% of the time, I just give a direct donation to the candidate.

Thanks.  I do support the Republican party but the idea of getting call upon call upon call is not something that I'm really interested in.  I was all over filling out the survey, but my choices were:
-Give them money
or
-Don't give them money but you have to pay them for giving out the survey.

Also I didn't see any questions about firearms.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  I do support the Republican party but the idea of getting call upon call upon call is not something that I'm really interested in.  I was all over filling out the survey, but my choices were:
-Give them money
or
-Don't give them money but you have to pay them for giving out the survey.

Also I didn't see any questions about firearms.

Honestly, Deej, you are the type of person who should immediately throw any and all fundraising mail directly into the trash can.  Those "choices" they gave you are totally bogus.  You NEVER have to pay them, reimburse them, or whatever.  They chose to send the mail.  They're counting on you reading those "choices" and thinking it's like a bill or something, that you are required to pay.  Two kinds of people fall for that -- old people who don't think very clearly anymore and are easily intimidated, and people like you who take things at face value.  I know you're not stupid, but you ARE too trusting and kind of gullible (being perfectly honest here), so avoid these fundraising schemes at all costs.  Throw them in the trash.  One way to tell if you should throw something away when it comes to you is to check out the postmark.  If it says "presorted" or "bulk mail" just toss it.  Important mail comes priority or first class, ALWAYS.  You won't miss anything important by tossing the junk.

ETA And just because it was sent first class doesn't MAKE it important -- I'm just saying that NOTHING that comes in presorted or bulk is important.  When in doubt, ask someone, like you did here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I threw my in the trash......I feel nothing like an ass.

I get too much mail and have too much shit on my desk to fill out all of the surveys and shit I get.

YMMV
Top Top