BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Every night, before I go to bed, (I am usually the last one), I  look out at least one window on each side of the house. In warmer weather, I actually go outside and walk around the house, armed. Check the cars. Check the kids. Make sure all is well, then unlock the cabinet before I turn in. Anyone else have a similar routine?

Yup,

Loaded with this,

And with this on my side,

Matter of fact, i'm about to make my rounds before bed....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]
so you are worried that a bunch of varment is gonna rush your house then some cops are gonna try to stop you so you will need cop killers?  good call.
eta you know that only cherries wear field jackets right?  you should get a gortex.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I scramble for my surefire and assault the bathroom.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Every night, before I go to bed, (I am usually the last one), I  look out at least one window on each side of the house. In warmer weather, I actually go outside and walk around the house, armed. Check the cars. Check the kids. Make sure all is well, then unlock the cabinet before I turn in. Anyone else have a similar routine?

Yup,

img295.imageshack.us/img295/1638/newsite2xb.jpg

Loaded with this,

img284.imageshack.us/img284/7128/223tap8xh7bp.jpg

And with this on my side,

img75.imageshack.us/img75/3373/572cp.jpg

Matter of fact, i'm about to make my rounds before bed....

Thats funny shit man. You're missing your red bandana and explosive tipped arrows though!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think I've ever had the need to do that. Hell, my guns only leave the house when I go to the range.

Odds are high I will be mistaken for a bad guy and the neighbors will call the cops on me.

I just check the windows and doors before bed, and that's that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Every Night!!  To make matters worse, I am one of those Excessive Compulsive types.  Sometimes it takes me checking the same door 2 or 3 times before turning in.  I have literly circled the block 3 times to make sure the garage door went down after hitting the button before I leave the neighborhood.  SUCKS
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Well
Before I go to bed, I walk to my front door.  
Make sure my Extra-Strength Door is Locked & intact.
Luckily I have a 24 hour security guard about 35 feet from my front door.
I then work my way around the parimeter.
Nothing out of place on my desk,
Then to the Back
Toilet Looks Good, wait a minute... oh never mind  No wait.... Did i leave the Seat down.. No I didnt.
Something is Up.. I quickly make my way to my Bedroom.  
Oh good, my partner is right there sleeping.
So then I just pretty much climb up to the Top Bunk.
I sleep like a Baby.

Call me Crazy,  but you can never be to careful ya know... THere are some Bad Guys out there
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh now come on that was Funny,

Im Dying Up Here

Thank you folks youve been a great audience
Goodnite
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I power up the laser fencing, arm the claymores and robot sentry turrets, then radio in for CAS loiter of my area, then goto sleep.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope. I just goto bed. I dont even lock the doors. Gotta love living in the country.

...because no one can hear you scream?

You say no one can hear me scream. I say no one can hear gun shots or shoveling.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope. I just goto bed. I dont even lock the doors. Gotta love living in the country.

We live on an acre ina semi-rural suburb of Cleveland. I used to live in the city, where drugs and crime were bad. That's where I started this routine, I just have never broke the habit, I guess....

What county??? Just moved from the Cleveland area a couple months ago

ETA: I am guessing the initals of your town are CS

North Royalton

I was close

what city is "CS"?

Columbia Station, in Lorain county. You could take Sprague there is it didn't stop at Pearl.

Edit: for spelling and to add I lived right down the road from you for a while, York and Plesant Valley
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#13]
What is CS?

Cell-Block Six
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No need to walk the perimeter. Doors are always locked. Windows are always locked. Lights out front have motion sensors.  I have a big dog out back.  Alarm system beeps when doors open.

Wife sleeps with her browning high power in the drawer on her side of the bed.  12 gauge marine magnum is proped against the wall right beside my side of the bed. We are both light sleepers and are regular shooters.

what is the nsn for that version of the wife?  I have been asking the army for one for a while now and still haven't found one.  I want the light sleep and wife toting high power.  well maybe a kimber but high power will work for starters.

You know how Supply is; you'll never get one. Hell, I had a hard time getting 550 cord and my basic load of 7 magazines when I was in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I know where Columbis Station is....used to swim at Jacquay when I was a kid.......Sprague does end at Pearl, and then starts up again over off of Prospect....for some reason they never connected it
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top