Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:27:55 PM EDT
Agent shoots at group hurling rocks from Mexico
March 2, 2006
kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=4578302&nav=HMO6
EL PASO, Texas A Border Patrol agent in El Paso today shot at a group of people throwing rocks at him from across the Rio Grande.

Authorities say nobody was hurt.

Officials say the group of suspected illegal immigrants hurled the rocks after running back across the river from Texas when they spotted the agent.

They threw the rocks from about 25 yards away.

Authorities say the agent, whose name wasn't released, fired at least once.

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, police officers went to the area -- but didn't find anyone.

So-called "rockings" have become so prevalent that the feds have put up high-impact plastic glass barriers in spots along the Rio Grande.

Agents in some parts of the border are even starting to see "flaming rocks" _ wrapped in cloth, soaked in alcohol and lit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Put up signs that say in Spanish,

"SO, you want to play Israelis versus Palestinians?   We will be the Israelis....."
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh oh...  Mexifata?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
We shouldn't be shooting back.........
....we should be throwing rock-colored frag grenades in return
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd give him a bonus, but I'd only promote them if they start hitting what they're shooting at.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Better yet, throw grenades with the pins left in but with zero delay fuzes.    That would almost be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]
they should be shooting in the first place.  fuck waiting till someon throws a rock.  if you see somoen in the middle of the river, chances are they're not there for a swim.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I could easily disable and possibly kill someone with a rock from 25 yards.  I would hope shooting at rock throwers is SOP.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Will the rocks have to be deported back to Mexico or will they be granted amnesty?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#10]
That agent needs to be immediately pulled from duty!!!!
And sent through  marksmanship refresher... STAT!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#11]
He was doing his job. If they are not allowed to defend themselves then why do they have guns. Rocks have killed plenty of people. More power to him for shooting back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#12]
What caliber was he shooting?
I'll buy the guy a couple boxes!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He was doing his job. If they are not allowed to defend themselves then why do they have guns. Rocks have killed plenty of people. More power to him for shooting back.

No he wasn't doing his job.

He missed
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Had to be a glock...

*ducks for cover*

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better yet, throw grenades with the pins left in but with zero delay fuzes.    That would almost be fun to watch.

"say hello to St. Peter" LOL
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#16]
you guys see the guy in the wheelchair  on Hannity and Combs that  had 30+ illegals in his yard throwing rocks at him?
he shot in the AIR and still had to spend almost 100k defending himself in court
fucking bullshit !!

they basiclly said if it was US citizins he could have mowed um down but since they were illegal it was a Fed issue
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Put up signs that say in Spanish,

"SO, you want to play Israelis versus Palestinians?   We will be the Israelis....."

"Bien, ustedes quieren jugar "Israelis contra Palestinians?"  Seremos los Israelis."

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Each illegal caught should be sent back but not before they are given a pamphlet about birth control and a strip of condoms. I'm dead serious about that. The main problem with Mexico is that their birth rate has sky rocketed. (thank you Catholic church) Each family has between four and eight kids! Most Hispanics are like that but it can be solved by "growing the fuck up". My grandmother (from spain) had 13!! children. that's fucking right 13 kids! Each one of them had between 4 and 6. You know many primos i got???? do the math. But those who are in America had a "normal family" size. If the culture acts backwards and encourages women to be puppy machines they will! But the fucking Catolic Church opposes all this so i put the immigration problem square on the RCC. Then i went ballistic when i heard that they were actually helping illegals get in to the US. Anything to get the US to bow down to rome i guess.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Those rocks are just being thrown at the officers the americans don't want to do.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Had to be a glock...

*ducks for cover*

My money is on .40
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Those rocks are just being thrown at the officers the americans don't want to do.

How about: They're just throwing the flaming rocks at LEOs that Americans won't
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#22]
we should just shoot all the ones that cross, they will get the message
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Uh oh...  Mexifata?

No, "Inti-fajita".

Wait a minute, someone launches a missile at me, but I'm not allowed to launch my technically superior missile in response? Mierda del toro!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]
We need to start airing Simpsons episodes with the Bumble Bee guy saying things like "Oy, megusta" when he's shot in the ass for throwing rocks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'd give him a bonus, but I'd only promote them if they start hitting what they're shooting at.

Sometimes they do.  You just won't ever hear about it.  Well, except for this informed subtle hint.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Will the rocks have to be deported back to Mexico or will they be granted amnesty?

They will be given free rent, welfare, medicaid, babysitters and a get out of jail free card
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Border Patrol Says Violence Is Growing In El Paso Area
www.kfoxtv.com/news/7665947/detail.html
U.S. Border Patrol officials say assaults against local agents are increasing dramatically. Halfway into this fiscal year, there have already been 36 assaults in our area, compared to 42 assaults in the entire previous fiscal year. Border Patrol agents say rocks are becoming a common weapon.

As KFOX reported on Thursday an agent was attacked by rock throwers by the Ysleta Port of Entry. "As they got closer to the river, they continued to assault him by throwing rocks at him which actually struck the agent. The agent drew his weapon and fired one shot at one of the people who were assaulting him," said Chief Deputy Robert Boatwright from the U.S. Border Patrol.

No one was injured in Thursday's incident, but, Border Patrol agents took us out to one area along the Mexican border in West El Paso where a previous rock throwing incident did cause serious injury. "One of our agents was assaulted by a rock in this location. He was taken to the hospital and received over 25 stitches or staples to his head," Boatwright said.

Agents believe the attacks are mostly because those trying to cross are frustrated or are trying to divert agents. Many of those trying to cross hide within the brush around the Rio Grande. "Often times what we see when an agent may be pursuing a group of individuals back toward the river, there is other people along the river on either side laying in wait, if you would, and on occasion our agents have been ambushed by these types of rock-throwing groups," Boatwright said.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I could easily disable and possibly kill someone with a rock from 25 yards.  I would hope shooting at rock throwers is SOP.

Of course you could, because you've seen Crocadile Dundee.

How many mexicans have seen Crocadile Dundee?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img205.imageshack.us/img205/553/antiche7ya.gif</a>

no che?

I think that could be new avatar material
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#32]
So now the Mexicans are outraged at us for allowing rocks to be smuggled into Mexico?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#33]
That agent was an idiot... How could he have missed while within rock throwing distance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had to be a glock...

*ducks for cover*

My money is on .40

Man, you didn't say it right.........it's FOH-TEE.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Border Patrol issues the Berreta 96(.40 S&W) Inoxs(Inox=stainless for the Berreta illiterate).
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course you could, because you've seen Crocadile Dundee.

How many mexicans have seen Crocadile Dundee?

I've seen Crocodile Dundee, but I have never seen Crocadile Dundee.  When did that come out?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had to be a glock...

*ducks for cover*

My money is on .40

Man, you didn't say it right.........it's FOH-TEE.

I have a speech impediment, I can't speak getto
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I say buy that trooper a beer!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#39]
You know... It really sucks to be the "civilized" nation when you're pitted against an un-civilized country. Both in the ME and Mexico. It would be alot eiser if we respond eye for an eye. Espically when we're the bigger dog.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
You know... It really sucks to be the "civilized" nation when you're pitted against an un-civilized country. Both in the ME and Mexico. It would be alot eiser if we respond eye for an eye. Espically when we're the bigger dog.

Actually, it would be easy to deal with our neighbors to the south, the problem is that our own government is on the side of the illegals
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like his target was out of handgun range. I have a really nice Armalite scoped out he can use next time. It will dust dogs off at 200 yrds. He should be able to hit the rock throwers with it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#42]
when you have incoming (anything potentially deadly) you don't "shoot" them, you RETURN fire....

the PC way!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:35:04 AM EDT
[#43]
STOP. Don’t you see what’s going on here? The problem is not the POS border jumpers but left wing alpha hotels calling themselves US citizens. We cannot defend our border without people in our own country sending you to prison for doing so. This is the problem. Our elected representatives are allowing this to happen as a pay off to special interest groups. We have the best government money can buy and most of our representatives are bought. It’s over brother.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#44]
I wish the return fire would've been with a 120mm.

Or a Spectre.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Come on , shoot them ?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Several years ago while I was on patrol at 0 dark thirty, I came upon a vehicle on the side of the road. There were two males standing outside the vehicle. It appeared to be broken down. I pulled up behind it and put on the blue lights. As I got out of my cruiser, one of them drove into the car as if he was reaching for something in a hurry. I drew my .45 and started yelling commands.

At this point I noticed that they didn't really look "local". Well he came out of the car with his hands empty. My back up arrived and we started to sort it all out. It turned out that the driver had a fake "green card". The rocket scientist that dove into the car didn't have any ID at all.

They each had a large amount of cash and were wearing $200.00 sneakers, nice car etc. They had borrowed the car from their boss. As it turns out they worked at a restaurant washing dishes and were paid under the table.

Anyway long story short. I take them into custody. And contact the INS. I transport them to the local office. Now I'm thinking, This is Shit Hot I just caught a couple illegal aliens. Not something that happened in Maine alot at that time.

So I get them to the INS office. The agents were really great. Spoke with them in Spanish, got some background etc. Told me what was going on, as I can say Fatija in Spanish and more than likely say that wrong.

So after awhile I ask the agents what they're going to do with them? They tell me that if the background checks come back ok, they give them a hearing date and some paperwork so that they can get green cards etc.

Up until this point, I'm still thinking I did something good and caught two illegals. I'm like you have to be kidding me? The agents explained that was policy (at the time anyway, this was way pre 9/11), and that if they sent them back, they would be back here in a week.

So that was my exposure to the illegal aliens problem. I know this was kind of off topic, just thought I would relate my funny yet sad encounter with that part of the system.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:47:51 AM EDT
[#47]
How does the old saying go.....Never bring rocks to a gun fight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top