Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 5:50:09 PM EDT
Well, for my 100th post I decided to make some predictions, because I don't have a way to host images.

Prediction 1.) In 2004, the ban sunsets without much attention and things domesticly produced rifle production skyrockets. No relife will be felt on the import ban however. Fallowing the death of the ban, Calico entroduces a line of rifle's that use their helical mag that shoot full size rounds, both in 7.63x39 and 5.56. AR-15's and they're derivitaves continue to dominate the market, but new contendors, such as the Tavor and FN2000, now in civillian hands offer competion. Caseless guns will be introduced as well as EM guns around the 2010 time frame with the development of higher temprature superconductors and improved batteries.

Prediction 2.) The "right" shift in polotics will continue. The democratic party will splinter between the centrist who resemble current rebuplicans, and the hardcore left wingers who preaty much become socalist. Most likely the Republican party will more resemble the modern libertarian party.

Perdiction 3.) We will go to war with china. They will lose

Prediction 4.) Nanotechnology will revolutionize are lives in ways we can't even begin to imagine now. Think the replicators on star trek

Prediction 5.) Fusion will still be 10 years away

Prediction 6.) A privatley funded mission to mars (www.marssociety.org) will put the first humans on the next new world no sooner than 2009 no later then 2015. Bases will be built from indiguenus resources, and as the traffic increases the launch costs will become increasingly affordable so by the 2030 time frame private imigration will become and economic reality. By 2040 space will have become the single biggest economic resource for whatever nations choose to take advantage of it. (Martian independence 2050? :D)

Anywhoo, I hope you have enjoyed this look into my geekish 16 year old mind. Have a great night

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
One thing I just thoght of to add to prediction 1. When the ban goes away, many firearms companies will most likley open plants here to get around import laws. I can just taste a semi-only G-36 (or G-11 if I'm really lucky)

[rail]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top