Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 4:18:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure, but I think my guy in Va gets charged a few dollars for something.  Not sure if it is NICS or something else.  I'll ask next time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I know several dealers who charge $10-$45 for a transfer fee, but no NICS charges.  Are you sure the guy isn't charging a transfer fee that the buyer had sent to the dealer to handle the out of state transfer for him?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My recollection, which is sometimes foggy, is that in Virginia the state police charges a dealer a $2 fee for the required record check on each firearms purchaser.  I assume this check includes an NCIC query.  

Dealers quite naturally pass this cost on to the purchaser.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it depends on your state. When I was in CA the dealer charged a DROS fee that the state charges them along with a tfr fee if you did not buy a gun thru them. If you did it would only be the DROS fee.

Here in TX I've only paid $15 for any tfrs. BTW here's a shameless plug for my FFL [url]http://www.independencearms.com/[/url] If you're in the No Dallas area, Randy is the inexpensive way to got. Very prompt at sending his FFL out to where you need it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Dealers are not charged for NICS
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
1gunrunner is right. There is no NICS charges. But there are state check systems, and the dealer might be charged for that. here in pa, dealers are charged $2 for PICS, and then a $3 tax on the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top