Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not like the TV version. But yes there are units dedicated to that task / training. Most of the time tho the interdiction of terrorists is done with "Guided" weapons, not grunts.

Edit to add if a aircraft delivered bomb goes off in a distant part of Southern Pakistan, and kills a house full of terrorists and CNN is not told to be there to film it before-hand, then the terrorists get great press after they burry the burned husks of AKs , Rpg's,etc. Paint "Hospital" on the side of a mud hut (in english), and refer to the thirteen or so "innocent" dead people as victims.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pick an alphabet agency. Any one.

Odds are they have one.

What about DepEdu?

You know, I did a Wikipedia search for alphabet agency to see if they had a listing... it returned 'saber-tooth pastrami' as a result, albeit a low-ranking one...

If I could find that government list of who owns MG's, we could find out.

Health and Human Services has a SWAT team, after all.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not sure what you mean by... ?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Do you think there is such a list, that the public could see?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GAO did a whole report on what agencies had armed agents, and some equipment lists such as MGs and APCs.
www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=16498
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CTU, like on 24?

No... This is the federal govt we're talking about here...

THere have to be at least 5-10 different competing civillian agencies for such a job, plus identical doplicates on the DOD side (At least one 'clone agency' per service)...

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No... This is the federal govt we're talking about here...

THere have to be at least 5-10 different competing civillian agencies for such a job, plus identical doplicates on the DOD side (At least one 'clone agency' per service)...

+1
I'm starting too think the only two things the federal government can do w/anything resembling competence is pass laws and spend money.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make a FOIA request.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:12:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m guessing that you are talking about the famous CIA Tactical Weapons Assault Team.
Bada big! Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all day folks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a Counter Terrorism Unit in the FBI but they're very busy attending cultural sensitivity training so as not to offend the members of Islam that they are targeting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top