Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 3:19:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Toms River. Been a member @ CJ for about 15 years now.
My little brother shoots at Sanners lake (I think?) in Maryland(down by Pax river area). If youre into IDPA, he's the guy with an almost stock 45,(that everyone laughs at before the match) that blows away almost all the IPSC guys!! He did pretty good at Blackwater last week also.
Me, I'm at work more than anything. Been trying to get to CJ for over a month now!! Got two new guns to try out!! Lets see...last week was 72 hours. This week is 96 hours. Hummmm think I can fit it in?[xx(]
Maybe I'll wave as I drive by on my way to work.[>(]
Eric "works too much, plays too little"
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Frank, I'm not from Jersey but I'll be coming down as soon as the NYPD allows me to have a life again...have you heard from Sherm lately???

Ray
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Warren Township, about mid-way across the state, right on Route 78...

I shoot at Cherry Ridge up in North Jersey... tell me more about the Central Jersey range... I hear they might have a 600 yard range... true?

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Central Jersey too. East Brunswick to be exact. I'm a member of  the ANJRPC and a member of the Cherry Ridge range. I like it but its a haul from here(like an hour and a half depending on traffic).I get to go once a month if I'm lucky. I would love to check out Old Bridge R&P, since it is basically down the street.I've heard a bunch about it(all good) but never been there. Frank, you a member? Do they have guest days there? Maybe we could set up a NJ AR15.com shoot?Think thats possible? That would be cool. I'd love to meet some fellow listers as well.
Synweap223 Out!
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
IIRC, CJ's rifle range only goes out to 300 yards.  Still lots better than our 100 yards through a tube at Citizen's.  Anybody that hasn't been up to Cherry Ridge, needs to.  Great, picturesque range.

Here's a few links:
CJRP  [url]www.cjrpc.com[/url]
Old Bridge [url]www.obrpc.com[/url]
Citizens' [url]http://uweb.superlink.net/donw/crrc/crrc.htm[/url]

Bullseye pistol shooting in New Jersey [url]www.njpistol.com[/url]  Many links to other clubs & [i]THE[/i] NJ bullseye match schedule.  My lovely pic buried in some of the NJ pistol team photo's.

ANJRPC, the state Ass'n [url]www.anjrpc.org[/url]

Any other bullseye shooters, we're having a registered 2700 at Citizens' this weekend, the 18th.  First shot at 9:00AM.  Directions & map on our website.  We're about 15 miles east of Trenton or five miles south of Princeton.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Frank -

Back before the state decided (officially) that "all guns are evil" I used to shoot in every IPSC match held at OB and CJ every month. Nice people, decent facilities. It's a shame the state went crazy.

Remember, my offer to smuggle you and your family past the border guards to the Free State of PA still stands [:)]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Frank,
 Thanks man. I appreciate it. I would be great to meet fellow listers as well. I'll have to restock the ammo supplies first. Past weekend range session was an all day event and I'm pretty low now. But in a week or so I'll be stocked again.I'll contact you when I'm ready to go and off of work. Thanks again!
Synweap223 Out!
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Noo Joyzee folks...

There is a GREAT outdoor range right over the border in Pennsylvania !

(10 minutes into Pa once you cross the Delaware Water Gap)

[url]www.SunsetHillRange.com[/url]

The folks there are really nice and they charge 10 bucks to shoot all day !

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Oops... forgot another 2.

The Bullethole in Belleville

www.Bulletholeinc.com

and

The Paterson Rod & Gun

[url]www.NJShooters.com[/url]

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Frank,

Come on out to our bullseye match & see what the whole shebang is about.   All you really need is a .22 (any sights) that you can hit a big piece of paper at 50 yards one handed.  If it can shoot 5 rounds in ten seconds, that's all you need for Timed & Rapid fire.  You can shoot just the .22 if you like, or .22 & centerfire (CF) with anything from .32 to .45.  Or, all three.  Eye & ear protection,obviously and a staple gun.

Total round count would be 90 rounds of .22, 90 of CF and 90 of .45.  Most shoot their .45 in CF so that would be 180 of .45, maybe ten extra rounds to make up for anymisfires.  I'd almost bet the bullseye shooters from OB will be at the CRRC match.  We get shooters from all over NJ, and a few from PA and DE.  Not unusual to have two or three high masters.

Entry fee is $30 for all three guns or proportionally less for one or two.

[b]Come on down,[/b]
Norm
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top