Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:15 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Cobalt? Good / Bad / Ugly? I've run across a deal for one ( $10,660, 7,000 mi, 2.2 DOHC 16 Valve I-4, Power all around, 2 Years still on it's 3 year warranty, etc ) and wanted to know if anyones had any experience with this model before ? Everything I've read seems to say it's a decent car for an Econobox.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:18:25 PM EDT
that's about it. It's an econobox. It won't go fast, it wont attract chicks, and it certainly won't make your penis feel larger.

it's comparable to a civic or any other car like that
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:21:13 PM EDT
I have one (a 4 door LS) that I bought new for a song during the employee pricing thing. It is a solid car, good mpg, I enjoy it. It may not be a hot car to pick up chicks in, but its definitely a step up from the previous gm econobox, the cavalier.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:47:36 PM EDT
I rented one for a week, was pretty impressed, very quiet, lots of power, good handling. But it's an american car and if I was buying a car to keep it would say toyota or honda.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
It's actually for my wife. We're finally going to ditch her POS '94 Olds Cutlass Supreme that has cost me about $100.00 a month in parts for the last year. She liked the looks and isn't as concerned about power, as it will be our 'town-car'. My '93 Ford Explorer is still our traveling vehicle.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:07:19 PM EDT
will the cobalt be followed by the caprica, pegasus and the galactica minivan?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:22:53 PM EDT
I've driven a few of them like I stole'em. One of them I even had to turn in with a "you might want to check the front end alignment, there's a shimmy at, uhhh, the speed limit." Gotta love rentals.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:31:44 AM EDT
My wife has an '05 Cobalt. Its a sedan, 2.2l, 5spd. Runs pretty well. Handles well. Definitely a step above the Cavalier- My mom's cavalier and my wife's cobalt are like night and day.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:46:47 AM EDT
I rented one in Alaska last year. It didn't have much ground clearance! Seems like it got MPG in the mid 20's. The car just felt cheap. I liked our Toyota Echo a lot more.
Top Top